MERGED: Michael Sam to be First Openly Gay Player - Okay w/ Phins drafting him? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Michael Sam to be First Openly Gay Player - Okay w/ Phins drafting him?

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Mizou DL Michael Sam announced he was gay 2 weeks prior to combine. The NFL reacted. Here is the Dolphins reactions so far. We probably won't draft him anyway because we dont need DL, but interesting to see how it might pose lockerroom issues with some holding strong views.

@mikescogilly Wtf is the world coming too
-Mike Gillislee

@BGrimey21: I've never really understood the big deal about knowing someone's sexual preference. I don't care.
-Brent Grimes

2 players, 2 different reactions. Ultimately, I think they would accept as long as the player produces. I was watching some interviews of Sam and he actually seems like a strong leader type. I don't think this will affect him much like it would affect a wuss like J. Martin...

Mike Wallace should turn off his phone for a week.

if he scks the QB and didnt get up on time, what is the penalty ? personal foul ?

Would you be ok with the Miami Dolphins drafting a gay player?

Michael Sam just came out of the closet publicly. We don't need another DE and from watching his film he doesn't seem like a great football player either. I think he will be drafted or signed after the draft, specially now that he is openly gay.

My question is... would you be ok with him or any other gay player playing for this team?

Personally, I think everyone who merits being in the NFL should be free to play regardless of their background, but I do think it will cause a lot of drama in the locker room with awkward questioning of players regarding their gay teammate.

What do you guys think? Would you buy his jersey? Would you stop being a Dolphins fan?

I bet he gets drafted by the Niners...lol!

I couldnt care less. I'd rather have a good gay football player on my team that some caveman like Incognito shoving golf clubs up female volunteers or complete wussbags like Martin. I don't care if the guy is straight, gay, bi, transexual, has a fetish for goats, whatever, as long as they can perform on the field.

Heck, if Nick Mangold's sister wants to get a sex change and play in the NFL, I'd sign her up to play on the Dolphins OL in a nanosecond.

I bet the Patriots draft him and the media will have a slurpfest and call them the most progressive franchise of our times.

I could careless i care how my Dolphins perform between the lines and that they don't embarrass the organization, I'd rather a have a homosexual who can deliver in the crunch than a wife beater, drug user (except pot), DUI idiot, ****shot sharing scumbag

if they are are a good football player and contribute to the team in a positive way what difference does the sexual preference serve?

Michael Sam just came out of the closet publicly. We don't need another DE and from watching his film he doesn't seem like a great football player either. I think he will be drafted or signed after the draft, specially now that he is openly gay.

My question is... would you be ok with him or any other gay player playing for this team?

Personally, I think everyone who merits being in the NFL should be free to play regardless of their background, but I do think it will cause a lot of drama in the locker room with awkward questioning of players regarding their gay teammate.

What do you guys think? Would you buy his jersey?

I would have no problem with it.

if they are are a good football player and contribute to the team in a positive way what difference does the sexual preference serve?

It doesn't matter but some would argue that drafting the first openly gay football player would be a distraction in the locker room.

Jackie Robinson was a true American Historical figure. However, what also makes Robinson an amazing figure is he was a really good player.

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

If Sams plays well, his impact on history becomes stronger. If he sucks, then he is footnote.

Back
Top Bottom