[Merged] Moss already a problem for Patsies??? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[Merged] Moss already a problem for Patsies???

I know, he's a sneaky son of a gun. Trust me, I was PRAYING for this to happen, but it just doesn't seem consistent with how Moss was 'estatic' to be on the Pats just a month ago.

Ahhh, but consistency is exactly what it is. He was also Estatic to be away from Minnesota a few years ago, only to go to the Raiders (Who will pay anybody that performs) only to lay a HUGE egg...

I think the guy is DONE. Mostly mentally, but perhaps also physically to some extent...

[mod]Inappropriate comments are not tolerated.[/mod]
Dolfans

I noticed Randy Moss is wearing jersey #6 I thought there was an NFL rule
on jersey numbers based on position?
I know a few years back they changed the rule somewhat so Keyshaw Johnson could wear #19 and now many WR's wear numbers in the teens,however to my knowledge single digit numbers are for QB's and kickers.

Anyone have some info thanks, not that big a deal just curious as to what changed in terms of the rule.

Wow, you start a thread with a title "Moss already a problem for the Pats", and the best you can do is talk about the # jersey he's wearing???

Good I'm happy for them. I really hope that Randy puts a huge black cloud over that organization, like what Ricky has done to this one. Were coming out from under the cloud and hopefully they are going into it. They may have just got too greedy, broke the Pat tradition and spent the money on the name and not the player.

What money is that??? The 2.9 million the Pats are spending on Moss this year?? How much do you thing Chambers is costing the Phins this year? I have to say that I've been on this board for a few months and have yet to find a single Phin-fan that knows anything about football in general much less what the Patriots are doing. Maybe you guys should stick to Beach volley-ball. :unsure::confused:

Best offense in the AFC East?

Merril Hoge: New England Patriots
The Patriots get my vote here. It isn't because of the presence of receiver Randy Moss but because second-year running back Laurence Maroney will thrive this season. On the outside, he looks like a big physical back, but what impresses me the most about Maroney is his vision and quickness. He has the ability to pound through the defensive line, then run away, dance around a hit, or pound through the second and third level of the defense.

Joe Theismann: Patriots
Without question, this category goes to New England. The Pats have the best quarterback in football, and now Tom Brady has one of the most dynamic receiving corps in football. Add that to a good, young running back and a solid, veteran offensive line and you have a great offense. There might not be an offense in the league that will be as exciting and efficient as this one.

Best defense in the AFC East?
Hoge: Miami Dolphins
It's hard to go against New England here, but I feel the Dolphins' defense is a little bit more formidable. The addition of Joey Porter adds more passion and versatility to an already fiery and versatile unit. I expect another great season from reigning defensive player of the year Jason Taylor and a rejuvenated Zach Thomas.

Theismann: Patriots
The Patriots get the nod here, too. They were very good before the addition of linebacker Adalius Thomas, but now they are devastatingly good. They have Pro Bowl-caliber players at every level of the defense and have the ability to switch seamlessly from a 3-4 to a 4-3 and back. Bill Belichick is at his best when he has the option to switch formations like that without any drop-off in performance.

Best team in the AFC East?
Hoge: Patriots
The best team hands down is the Patriots. The rest of this division is either too young or is going through too much turmoil to challenge the Patriots this season. In a year or two, this division could be far more competitive, though.

Theismann: Patriots
The Patriots have won three of the last six Super Bowls and still attacked this off-season as though they were trying to end a Cubs-like title drought. This is not only the best team in the division but the best team in football.

HOLLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my god, he's a problem for New England because of a stupid thing like this? This is probably why Moss has #6.
10 -- Jabar Gaffney
11 -- Drew Bledsoe's number, respect, possible retired number?
12 -- Tom Brady
13 -- Brandon Childress
14 -- Vinny Testeverde return?
15 -- Kelly Washington
16 -- Matt Cassell
17 -- Chad Jackson
18 -- Donte Stallworth
19 -- Kelvin Kight
80 -- Troy Brown return?
81 -- Jonathan Smith
82 -- Jake Nordin
83 -- Wes Welker
84 -- Benjamin Watson
85 -- Matt Kranchick
86 -- David Thomas
87 -- Reche Caldwell
88 -- Kyle Brady
89 -- retired number

There are other WRs with single digit numbers too, CJ Jones is one of them. I don't think Moss is trying to be a problem, he wasn't on the team soon enough to get one of the numbers the NFL requires, he'll be assigned a new one probably when cuts are made. Seriously, you know it's June when stupid accusations like this come up.

BEST OFFENSE?
jaworski_ron_m-1.jpg

Jaworski Says:
1. Patriots
2. Dolphins
3. Bills
4. Jets

BEST DEFENSE?
Jaworski Says:
1. Patriots
2. Jets
3. Dolphins
4. Bills

WIN DIVISION?
1. Patriots
2. Jets
3. Dolphins
4. Bills

SportsNation Says:
86% - Patriots
5% - Dolphins
5% - Jets
4% - Bills

SportsNation Says:
66% - Patriots
22% - Dolphins
6% - Jets
6% - Bills

SportsNation Says:
81% - Patriots
9% - Jets
6% - Dolphins
4% - Bills

holla!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, well he was like that in Minnesota too. And look what he did there. I'm not getting my hopes up that he'll play badly. The guy can still play, can still run, and can still jump and can outrun and out play any of our DBs.

Yeah well you would think he would be about to do that to about all the DB's that he has played against but he hasn't. He's been shut down time and time again by a bunch of nobody DB's and that is all its going to take now. He used to be a great player, now he has no heart and is getting old. He's not as good as he once was. Our DB's are going to be fine against him, Brady wont have but 2 seconds to throw the ball anyway.

BEST OFFENSE?
jaworski_ron_m-1.jpg

Jaworski Says:
1. Patriots
2. Dolphins
3. Bills
4. Jets

BEST DEFENSE?
Jaworski Says:
1. Patriots
2. Jets
3. Dolphins
4. Bills

WIN DIVISION?
1. Patriots
2. Jets
3. Dolphins
4. Bills

SportsNation Says:
86% - Patriots
5% - Dolphins
5% - Jets
4% - Bills

SportsNation Says:
66% - Patriots
22% - Dolphins
6% - Jets
6% - Bills

SportsNation Says:
81% - Patriots
9% - Jets
6% - Dolphins
4% - Bills

holla!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:ban:
holla!

[mod]Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Please comment only on the post, not the poster.[/mod]
Umm, does anyone think he's had a HOF career so far? Cause I don't. So why the guy reporting this made that statement beyond me.

Randy Moss

9 years Rec. 676 Yards 10700 Avg. 15.1 TDs 101

Let me break that down for you so you don't hurt yourself.

In 9 years-
Moss averaged 75 catches a year.

Moss averaged 11 touchdowns a year.

Moss averaged over a 1000 rec. yards a year.
If Moss never played another game, he has the stats right now worthy of the Hall of Fame.

Wow, you start a thread with a title "Moss already a problem for the Pats", and the best you can do is talk about the # jersey he's wearing???

Actually I started this thread in another forum and it got moved here. Not sure why I'm not first or why it got merged with the talk of the jersey #.

Randy Moss

In 9 years-

If Moss never played another game, he has the stats right now worthy of the Hall of Fame.

Yeah, you forgot to throw in that he is a serious mal-content, an extreme under-achiever and flat out cancer....
That should definately help get him into the HOF....NOT.
He had some outstanding years...that has been a while...

Randy Moss

In 9 years-

What you also fail to state is that those numbers have been going DOWN since his first 3 years in the league. What are his averages over the last 3 yrs???:ninja:

Back
Top Bottom