Merged: Moss and Miami | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Moss and Miami

I personnally don't want him here .... and I doubt that Culpepper or even football has much to do with his 'reported' push for us .... I'm sure it has "just a little" to do with Green Bay vs Miami -- where would you rather be

That being said, any trade for him MUST be performance based ... such as a 4th, with the potential to bump up to a 2d if he makes the Pro-Bowl ...

And he'd have to redo his contract, again, reasonable salary, with high performance bonuses ....

I have no problem paying the man if'n he performs -- but his history doesn't support that likelihood. [ever since he lost his man amongst boys advantage -- he has done exactly -- NOTHING]

I wouldn't trade anything for Moss. His contract/production ratio is not currently worth a roster spot.

He needs to become a free agent, and have his current contract ripped up...before I'd even consider it.

I would be willing to bet anything that Moss hasn't lost anything in terms of skill or talent. It's entirely possible he just isn't having fun anymore and that's why he's acting the way he is. It's obvious the Raiders are a terrible offensive team and no one on that team was having fun. He seems like someone that wears his emotions on his sleeves and he had enough. If he was given an oppurtunity to have fun (playing with Brett or Daunte) he would be the same receiver that destroyed double coverages.

Hmmm... if I'm Randy Moss, and I want out of Oakland (that's not selfish that's sane), and I have a choice between going to Green Bay in the NFCN to catch passes from Brett Favre or going to Miami in the AFCE to maybe catch passes from Daunte Culpepper (don't even think that Moss' agent hasn't heard the rumors here), that's a no brainer!

I don't think it's that simple. Would you do it to maybe catch passes from Favre for one year? Then what? Their QB situation would be no better than Miami's. I think we're a shutdown corner away from a SB defense. If the offense can get anywhere near the productivity of what the Chargers had, while our D is still performing at this level, we'll get our ring. We have a small window of getting both platoons in psynch at the same time, but that's the goal.

The origination of this rumor was aired on an orlando radio station (most likely 101.1 or 740 the team. The statement, as I've heard, was made by the Shot Doctor. There is nothing to this rumor. It was strictly his opinion of where Moss would wind up.

How much do you want to bet that he said he wants to be traded to the Dolphins because what he really wants is to play for New England and he hopes that New England will pull another Stallworth deal and sign him?

Moss is a moron. Once you've worn Silver and Black you are lazy for the rest of your career. Keep Moss as far away from Miami as possible!

Really, so Marcus Allen was lazy? He did pretty damn well after he left the Raiders. Don't confuse the last several years with history previous to that.

Myles Fynch said:
I don't think it's that simple. Would you do it to maybe catch passes from Favre for one year? Then what? Their QB situation would be no better than Miami's. I think we're a shutdown corner away from a SB defense. If the offense can get anywhere near the productivity of what the Chargers had, while our D is still performing at this level, we'll get our ring. We have a small window of getting both platoons in psynch at the same time, but that's the goal.

Point 1: With the exception of Chicago and Philly, the NCF defenses aren't as tough as those in the AFC, and the AFCE has much better pass defenses than the NFCN.

Point 2: It's wishful thinking to believe that the Miami offense can be rebuilt fast enough to take advantage of the Fins' excellent, but aging defense, and become a play off contender. The Fins need major help on the OL, especially LT and C/RG, and that's usually a multi-year rebuild because you don't find a lot of gems in FA unless you're going to spend big $$$ in free agency like the Bills did -- and they only took guards. The Fins also have a very unsettled QB situation.

Point 3: In the AFC, teams generally need at least 10 wins to make the playoffs -- and that's not a guarantee, especially for a team that went 1-5 within its division last season.

Gee, that's exactly what we needed ... another Moss to Miami thread! And WOW ... this one comes from an actual report ... wait, no ... a topic on another message board?

:toilet:

On the lighter side ... the facemask thing is kinda cool.

I would be curious to know how much less moss earned his paycheck than chambers earned his.

Every time I think of moss last year, the first thing that comes to mind is that TD he scored on the pats.

He would be an upgrade over our current guys thats for sure.
restructure, incentive based and a 3rd and I would go for it.
didn't we get hagan in the third last year?
ya I think we all know who is better.

Back
Top Bottom