Merged: Moss and Miami | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Moss and Miami

Raoul Duke

Connoisseur of the Herbage
Reaction score
With the Green Bay Packers showing the most interest in Raiders WR RANDY MOSS, he threw a curveball by demanding the Raiders trade him to the Dolphins. I guess he misses hooking up with QB DAUNTE CULPEPPER. My first thought that Randy is a cancer and to let the Patriots think we want him. Maybe they'll feel the need to sign another wide receiver out from under us and wreck their salary cap;) But you know, while he is very moody, he is a tremendous talent and I really wouldn't have any problems seeing him in a Dolphins uniform. If he's happy he's a game changer and he does have good chemistry with C-Pep. Neither has done a lot without the other, so, maybe it is what the doctor order for our anemic offense. I wouldn't give anything more than our very high 3rd round draft pick and he'd have to rework that contract to where he'll easily earn money by reaching incentives. Yeah, I'm down with that and it's not because I'm desperate to win.
If you hear a loud cracking noise during our games this year it's probably coming from the facemask of our new fullback, COREY SCHLESINGER. Throughout his 12 year NFL career, he has broken over 200 facemasks (about 1 per game) due to the hard hits he puts on the defense trying to open up holes for his running back. And to top that off, he's been durable as he's only missed 6 games in his career. I think he's going to be Ronnie Brown's best friend this year.

I would make this trade in a minute, but like you said Randy would definately have to rework that contract of his.

That rumor has been around for about a week now. I don't know how credible it is but it could be worth looking into if A) he renegotiate his contract and B) if it doesn't cost us too much in the way of draft picks. Maybe some type of conditional pick could be the answer.

Perhaps a motivated Randy Moss could once again become the most feared WR in the NFL?

Yeah I know, wishful thinking.

With the Green Bay Packers showing the most interest in Raiders WR RANDY MOSS, he threw a curveball by demanding the Raiders trade him to the Dolphins.

I've always subscribed to the theory that Moss is a disease to the cohesion of a football team. Selfish, takes plays off, soaks in a hot tub of discontentment three times a day. I'm afraid his whining during our expected growing pains could be contagious to a rookie or young player we're trying to groom.

That said, if Cam & Mueller talked with him and wanted to go ahead with it, I guess I would, too. Just keep the compensation low and the money semi-reasonable.

Devil's advocate type question: if the main reason he wants to come to Miami is Culpepper, and that situation doesn't (ahem, cough) work out, is he going to be focussed and determined to be a great WR for the Dolphins anyway or will he be a crybaby and take it out on whoever the QB is? I kind of think I know the answer to that already.

Well, I'm going to wait for more official confirmation of this "demand" but I wouldn't expect any demands by Moss to really be heeded.

OK. Now that we have our obligatory Moss-to-Miami-wishful-thinking thread, we can all put up our obligatory one-star rating for this.

MOSS DEAL HINGING ON CONDITIONAL PICK
There's a hitch that has emerged in the ongoing negotiations between the Packers and the Raiders regarding the terms of a potential trade of receiver Randy Moss to Green Bay.
We're told that the Raiders will only take quarterback Aaron Rodgers if there's also a conditional draft pick based on Rodgers' performance in 2007.
In short, if Rodgers doesn't perform, the Packers have to give up more in 2008.
The Packers' concern is that, because the Raiders have been so bad of late on offense, it's a given that Rodgers won't play well in 2007. Moreover, the Packers are concerned that the Raiders will bench Rodgers at some point during the season in order to ensure that a higher pick will come their way from Green Bay in 2008.
To resolve this potential impasse, we're told that the Packers are considering offering a 2009 conditional pick based on Rodgers' play in 2007 and 2008.
As we see it, the conditional pick should also be tied to the performance of Moss. The more he does in 2007, the more the Raiders get in 2008.
Really, the trade is about Moss, not Rodgers. And if Moss plays at Lambeau Field like he performed there while a member of the Vikings, the Packers should be happy to eventually give up a first-day pick in 2008.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Dont twist this

Dont twist the message I have only one fact. My father is good friends with Marshall's ol coach Bobby Pruiett. Pruitt was on the phone with Moss and gave to phone to my dad just to say hi. This was a couple of months ago but he said he hated oak and def wanted to be traded so my father who is a huge dolphins fan said what about going to mia with Culpeper or do guys not like each other( basically jokin not expecting a reply)? He said he "Loved" Pepp and that the media blows shi* out of prop with that. He also said he would love to play with him again and "who wouldnt want to go to Miami."

Moss is a moron. Once you've worn Silver and Black you are lazy for the rest of your career. Keep Moss as far away from Miami as possible!

Randy Moss would cause far more distractions and headaches than he is worth. I for one do not want to see him come here. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom