Merged: Moss Believes Days in NE are Numbered | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Moss Believes Days in NE are Numbered

Another crack in the wall? Good to hear.....

Think he may be a little premature with this. With the Pats current WR situation, they would be crazy to let him leave without at least offering him a contract. The guy is still an elite receiver, so odd that they wouldn't offer him a contract.

If Moss wants to leave, then its a different story.

Think he may be a little premature with this. With the Pats current WR situation, they would be crazy to let him leave without at least offering him a contract. The guy is still an elite receiver, so odd that they wouldn't offer him a contract.

He Moss wants to leave, then its a different story.
I think the Patriots know he's quitting on them. Multiple times throughout the season, you could tell he just didn't care, and wasn't playing with the fire and passion you want your players to play with.

Moss does not expect to be resigned.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&line=167894&id=1655

It'd be interesting to snag him if he hits the market. The voracity of the report seems a bit more to be desired when thinking if he'd actually be able to test the waters.

And as far as his age is and desire to play, he can be dominant or he can be non existent.

Regardless, it'd be interesting/amusing to see him burn the afc east in favor of us.

Or, just getting him out of the conference altogether.

Sorry, mods, searched through the forums using the search tool, and nothing came up..

anyways, i highly doubt there'll be a lockout...

Moss is declining anyways. NE will probably try and draft a replacement for him this year. Hopefully, it will go as well as Chad Jackson did.

Doesn't he have a year left on his contract with them?
With Welker out, I can't see them cutting or trading him.

They might be thinking there could be a lockout in 2011 too, in which case it would make sense to not offer him a new deal. Plus, he (and most players) tend to play best in a contract year.

Moss is declining anyways. NE will probably try and draft a replacement for him this year. Hopefully, it will go as well as Chad Jackson did.

If declining is having 200 more yards in 2009 than 2008 (1264 yards 83 receptions), then I want that mediocre receiver on the Phins. Please, get your facts straight before making such statements. Just because he's getting older, does not mean he's declining. He's still playing like the best receiver in the NFL. The Patriots will be crazy to let him go.

If declining is having 200 more yards in 2009 than 2008 (1264 yards 83 receptions), then I want that mediocre receiver on the Phins. Please, get your facts straight before making such statements. Just because he's getting older, does not mean he's declining. He's still playing like the best receiver in the NFL. The Patriots will be crazy to let him go.

You should get your facts straight and dig deeper before just looking at stats. Moss' season was made on 5 games.

http://www.nfl.com/players/randymoss/gamelogs?id=MOS699912

Of the 17 games he played in this year, he had 5 games over 100 yards. Of his 13 tds, 8 came in 3 games. He had 7 games of 50 yards or less.

Yes, Moss is a threat every time he steps on the field. But he is aging, one-dimensional receiver who has questionable effort. He doesn't command the double teams like he used to.

Back
Top Bottom