MERGED: NBA Labor Agreement / Age Limit | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: NBA Labor Agreement / Age Limit

phunwin said:
I believe that at the University of Cincinnati, they walk the players through the library like it's a museum. "These objects are called books. They're how we used to teach students, back in the 1960s. Don't touch them, just observe."

:lol: Cincy is who I was specifically thinking of :lol:

Players who need money will go play in leagues out of the country before returning to play NBA ball.

NBA reaches new six-year labor agreement with higher age limit and salary cap

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-nbalabor&prov=ap&type=lgns

Like I said before...

"I'm sure no one would admit it, but I think everybody saw what was going on with the NHL and how difficult a battle it was once it came to a standstill, not only from a negotiation perspective, but also from a fan's perspective and a marketing perspective,'' Cuban said. ``I think we kind of wanted to avoid some of the pain that they went through.''

In:
  • Players cannot enter the draft until one year past the date that their class graduates
  • Players form Europe must be at least 19 to join the NBA
  • Revenue-sharing for players goes from 48% to 51% - meaning that the salary cap goes up
  • Teams required to keep 14 players on roster, meaning more jobs - and more depth, hopefully (the NFL could learn something from this move)
  • Suspensions of more than 12 games for on-court misconduct are subject to review by an Arbitrator
  • Players can be assigned to a minor league for development in their first two years
Out:
  • The owners' proposed "super-luxury tax" against the highest-spending teams
  • Seven-year contracts; maximum term is now six years
  • 12 1/2% escalation per contract year; maximum is now 10 1/2%
  • Leniency on steriod-policy violators: a first offense is now ten games (five in the previous contract), twenty-five games for a second offense, one year for a third and lifetime ban for a fourth
  • Three-year guaranteed contracts for rookies; now two years
  • 115-percent rule for trades; now 125%, making trades slightly easier

NaboCane said:
Sorry, Budd, I should have read deeper.

Mods, please merge.

Thats cool man...I dont want to sound like the kinda guy that says I posted it first nanananana...anyway i just wanted to point it out thx :D

Just another thing that takes away from young black men..

2 Pistolz said:
Just another thing that takes away from young black men..

I agree that this society is stacked hard against minorities in general and black men in particular, but in this case don't you think young men benefit from exposure to the college ranks, if not the college experience? And if it's an eye-opening experience in terms of showing them how far they have to go to rise to pro level and they end up staying longer, isn't that beter for them in the long run?

PhinDude88 said:
Did you really have to make a thread for this? Couldnt you just post it in the other thread about the dela being done?

I made this thread last night which was before he posted his...so please try and read things before you criticize :fire:

Buddwalk said:
I made this thread last night which was before he posted his...so please try and read things before you criticize :fire:

Ok there buddy just calm down. :lol:

Your two threads was basicly(sp?) the samething, so you should've just made one thread.

Itll hurt the league because a lot of teams are looking for the next LeBron, face it college isnt for everyone.

PhinDude88 said:
Ok there buddy just calm down. :lol:

Your two threads was basicly(sp?) the samething, so you should've just made one thread.

I made mine first, and he made his second! He didnt know that I made one...what dont you get from this

Next time read before you say stuff :D

Buddwalk said:
I made mine first, and he made his second! He didnt know that I made one...what dont you get from this

Next time read before you say stuff :D

Bro, i think that you are misunderstanding me on what i am say. You made two threads about the same subject, one of them was the NBA getting the deal done and the other one was the new age limit thing. They both fit in the samething and i didnt think that you should've made two threads about the samething. Here are the two threads that i am talking about:

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=83421

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=83476

PhinDude88 said:
Bro, i think that you are misunderstanding me on what i am say. You made two threads about the same subject, one of them was the NBA getting the deal done and the other one was the new age limit thing. They both fit in the samething and i didnt think that you should've made two threads about the samething. Here are the two threads that i am talking about:

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=83421

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=83476

There not the same thing...again read the threads :fire:

One explains the highschool deal and another the nba settling the lockout issue:D

Back
Top Bottom