[MERGED] News Parcells Wants Taylor Back! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] News Parcells Wants Taylor Back!

Jason Taylor wants to play for a contender! This dancing with the stars gig does nothing for our preparation for rebuilding this thing it just hinders it although it is beneficial to Taylor and the NFL, it's like he is advertising himself, this might be good for us , for the simple reason his stock could rise if he wins Dancing with the stars, females would love to see him play anywhere, including in our stadium, 99 jerseys worned by every women and it could also strenghten how much we get from the team that Taylor wants to end his career with and sadly I don't think its our Dolphins, by his comments my inclination points towards one of the elite teams, i just hope he does'nt pull a Junior Seau on us, say you want to retire and play a couple more years with the team we most despise in!

I just heard the news....I hope JT retires a Phin...but I also hope he will play another year or two.

This sucks. After another year of mediocre play, wasted timeouts on his fake injuries and this dancing with the stars crap he will be worth nothing.

Let's get something for him now.

LOL...forgot he was my av.

my opinion he gets traded. all this taylor drama is to get teams that want taylor to ante up. If taylor does end up being traded think about the picks we would recive plus the ones we own allready, the young talent that parcells and co could bring in is just what this team needs

I think parcells is having to eat crow because he thought he could acquire pace then move JT. JT outsmarted the great parcells. Is Parcells slipping in his golden years?

I'm not sure that Dancing with the Stars will hurt him , it could hurt the rebuilding of the team but increase his market value, remember where we live, we live in a world where popularity means everything, how you look and entertain unfortunetley means alot. I see him being traded to the team that HE wants to play for, there will be plenty of takers cuz this guy wants a superbowl ring , he has made this clear more than once this year, he does'nt like the rebuilding thing. Make him happy and make our future a happy one and trade him. Get what you can get for him, he will be a popular guy soon cuz the guy can dance!

This is a win-win situation. JT can still play and having him around will be beneficial to us. On the other hand we will get a couple of good draft picks if we trade him.

By the way, I am not trying to be an arse but I have a question for people who post things that are already posted. Do you guys not see the threads? We have had numerous and I mean numerious threads about JT and Pace. Yet, people keep posting the same thing. There are two threads on those two players basically stickied at the top of the page. Again not trying to be an arse, just asking a reasonable question.

I did not add this to another Taylor post because it was based on new news.
If parcells said he was cutting Ricky right now, I dont think I should just go back and find a Ricky thread. I was posting direct quotes from a Mort article not speculation that was related to the other thread.

Dolphins executive vice president of football operations Bill Parcells told ESPN's Chris Mortensen that defensive end Jason Taylor will be playing for Miami in 2008 unless he chooses to retire, contrary to a published report.
Yahoo Sports reported Saturday night that Taylor, an 11-year veteran who has played all of his 172 career games for the Dolphins, would be parting ways with Miami this offseason before the NFL draft this April.
"This latest report is just another example of journalistic irresponsibility," Parcells told Mortensen.

So maybe much ado about nothing. Its amazing how much praise we have already got for trying to trade Taylor then this comes out so I guess we need a new spin machine.

LOL......looks like Jake Long(LT) gets the nod now...

I was skeptical of the news being reported yesterday and with this coming out it shows I had every reason to be a skeptic.

Guys, JT did not have a mediocore year in 07. Sure it was a big drop from his DPOY in 06, but he didn't have much help with the pass rush and he still got double digit sacks! What more do you want from the man?
He is an 11 year vet lets cut him some slack I'm sure he knows how to prepare himself for the upcoming season. Who knows this dancing with the stars may help with his footwork?

Back
Top Bottom