[MERGED] Numbers don't lie: Dolphins' Thomas deserves Canton | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] Numbers don't lie: Dolphins' Thomas deserves Canton

Should Zach Thomas make the Hall of Fame?

• No - he's a great player but not Hall of Fame worthy

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • No - he's borderline but playing during the Ray Lewis era will keep him out

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Yes - Ray Lewis or not, Zach should get in

Votes: 65 95.6%

• Total voters
I actually wrote an article about this very subject before this season began. It stemmed from Pete Prisco idiotically saying that Thomas should in "no way" go into the Hall.

Here it is: http://phinaticism.blogspot.com/2007/07/zach-thomas-hall-of-fame-player.html

There's no two ways around it: Zach Thomas must be inducted into the Hall.

In my article I go beyond comparing him to Lewis and Urlacher and actually favorably compare him to the last MLB inducted into the Hall - Mike Singletary.

Check it out.

Nice Article and I was going to point out the very things you did in your write up. I debated this very thing with several friends, if Ray Lewis goes in, there is no way Zach can not. Period.

Andre Tippett, LB for the New England Patriots, was just elected to the Hall of Fame. Tippett was a 5-time pro bowler, Zach Thomas is a 7-time pro bowler. Zach has more career tackles than Tippett, and more tackles than any linebacker currently in the Hall.....also more tackles than Ray Lewis and Urlacher. Zach just has not played on a lot of good teams and has not played in a Superbowl.....but he has been one of the most dominant players at his position, which is the main criteria. I think he's in. :)

Andre Tippett, LB for the New England Patriots, was just elected to the Hall of Fame. Tippett was a 5-time pro bowler, Zach Thomas is a 7-time pro bowler. Zach has more career tackles than Tippett, and more tackles than any linebacker currently in the Hall.....also more tackles than Ray Lewis and Urlacher. Zach just has not played on a lot of good teams and has not played in a Superbowl.....but he has been one of the most dominant players at his position, which is the main criteria. I think he's in. :)

I firmly believe in my heart that Zach will get into the HOF,it'll just be a matter of when after his career's over.

Back
Top Bottom