MERGED: **Official Dolphins-Seahawks THREAD** | Page 97 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: **Official Dolphins-Seahawks THREAD**

teji67 said:
For what the Cowboys gave up to get Henson and what the Fins gave up to get AJ is ridiculous.. I'll take Henson anyday!! Yes, I don't have much to go on since Henson has been out of football for a while but when I saw him at Michigan he looked great!! Only time will tell but I'd bet on Henson over AJ

So, you would rather deal a 3rd round pick for a baseball player who hasn't played football in three years rather than deal a 2nd round pick for a young QB that showed promise when he got to play?

I tell you, I continue to be amazed at the level of intelligence I find on these boards. If I wasn't in medical school, I would think I was stupid just for reading some of this ****.

SacTownPhinFan said:
so I got you beat with fan length by three years....not saying I know football...just talking from heart...
I'm with ya, Sac. 34 year fan here and I don't claim to know it all. But I do know that I'll still be right here next game hoping that we'll win. Hope doesn't mean I'm blind to the problems. It just means I'm a diehard fan who absolutely won't quit on them. Just like they didn't quit today. AJ could be our future and he deserves more of a chance than this. Did you all feel the difference today? The enthusiasm? Guys playing with heart? Playing harder than they have all season? Feeley with a 3-quarter gut check? Bates' enthusisam? Yes, this was a tough loss. But they almost won it and that's something to build on.

KBISBACK said:
Fact is, we should never go away from what is working. They couldn't stop AJ when he was running the no huddle offense out of the gun. It allowed him to get into a rythm, and it also kept him from having to move much on his bad hip. Our genius offensive staff undoubtedly thought Seattle would eventually figure out how to stop it, so they helped them by going to something else.
I was posting about this same thing all game. I still don't understand why you make a change from something that the Seehawks could not stop. Once you find a weakness you keep at it until they figure out how to stop it, NEVER BEFORE they stop it.

*EDIT* I also noticed that when the line scheme is set up to JUST line up and pass block in the shotgun formation, they were actually able to pickup a few blitzes. Which leads me to believe the line can block, but Wise is stunting with players that aren't mobile enough to do so.

Finsperfect72 said:
I'm with ya, Sac. 34 year fan here and I don't claim to know it all. But I do know that I'll still be right here next game hoping that we'll win. Hope doesn't mean I'm blind to the problems. It just means I'm a diehard fan who absolutely won't quit on them. Just like they didn't quit today. AJ could be our future and he deserves more of a chance than this. Did you all feel the difference today? The enthusiasm? Guys playing with heart? Playing harder than they have all season? Feeley with a 3-quarter gut check? Bates' enthusisam? Yes, this was a tough loss. But they almost won it and that's something to build on.
Thanks Finsperfect...I felt it too...except on the defense side...surprisingly...I am so disheartened by Zach's press conference...seems like they supported Wanny...which..to me...on the outside..means...no heart...slackard...Zach..you ripped my heart out...maybe it's time to for him to move on.... :mad:

KBISBACK said:
So, you would rather deal a 3rd round pick for a baseball player who hasn't played football in three years rather than deal a 2nd round pick for a young QB that showed promise when he got to play?

I tell you, I continue to be amazed at the level of intelligence I find on these boards. If I wasn't in medical school, I would think I was stupid just for reading some of this ****.

I sure would!!! Henson would have been a top 5 pick had he stayed playing football. Yes, I am basing alot of this on potential, but lets face it AJ is not going to help us win soon anyway..Besides AJ was a 3rd stringer at Philly,the front office over-reacted...Face it!! Oh yeah, and how can you be enamored with someone who continues to give the ball away to the opposing team..He's automatically worth at least a TD returned against us every week

SacTownPhinFan said:
Thanks Finsperfect...I felt it too...except on the defense side...surprisingly...I am so disheartened by Zach's press conference...seems like they supported Wanny...which..to me...on the outside..means...no heart...slackard...Zach..you ripped my heart out...maybe it's time to for him to move on.... :mad:
Sac, I didn't see the press conference. Do you have a link to share?

SacTownPhinFan said:
I'm talking about Wanny's "stepping down"...seemed like Zach was pissed off.
Perhaps he was more pissed off about the potential of a wasted career than Wanny stepping down? Meaning that a new regime would mean another upheaval and a bigger learning curve and the possibility of ending his career without the ring?

Hostile 17 said:
This is such a moronic statement it defies comprehension. Yeah, genius, A.J. Feeley showed no ability today. With that pass protection, Dan Marino Himself would have gotten killed, especially with all those snaps from under center in obvious passing situation. This is far and away the worst offensive line in all of football.

But why am I wasting time explaining basic football knowledge to you? You're obviously a troll, baiting a bunch of true fans who are hurting right now.

hey lunchbox, this is not the first time we have seen feeley throw an INT for a td. face the facts, he suck, Jay sucks.......and we need two new QB's. I wont say anything about sage as for some stupid reason we have still yet to see what he can do. that INT for a TD was a horrible throw. I could see what was going to happen from my recliner in my living room, why the hell cant your boy see it from the field?? I will tell you. because he is what he is and what he always will be.. A THIRD STRING QB!

and I am not going to even give the last part of your pathetic post the effort to reply to.

If you think that Feeley is the future of this team, you can keep on dreaming Alice, you will soon get to wonderland.

KBISBACK said:

Uh, yes. And so would you.

In fact, you SAID SO previously before you somehow fell in love with Speilman and Feeley.

Don't know what happened, don't care. Maybe too much brainwashing on another board, who knows?

Henson went 6/6 with 1 TD and 1 fumble.

The SAD thing is his 1:1 ratio looks GOOD compared to Feeley.

Oh, and have I told you yet how impressed we all are that you finally got into Medical School?

I mean really. You sound like John Kerry announcing "I served in Vietnam" with every one of your messages including some attack on other people's intelligence while trying to prove your own by including "I am in Medical School".

CanadaPhinsFan said:
AJ Feeley snatched defeat from the jaws of victory today. The oline gave him time in the 2nd half. It's time we face facts and realize we need 3 new QB's.

I find it really hard to see the potential in 4 turnovers. Yes he throws the ball well. I won't dispute it. But that doesn't matter if he can't make sound decisions.

And as far as hope goes...let's not forget who's play it was that took all the hope away from the team today. He had a measly 229 yds in 45 attempts. With 4 turnovers. That's 4. Where is the potential in that?
If you agree that he throws the ball well, then you can see that he has potential, we already know what Fielder brings to the table. Give Feeley some game time to get experience and the mistakes will go away.

229yds in 45 attempts. Yes the YPA isn't that great, but when was the last time Fielder passed for over 230yds in a game? Also, we had no running game to speak of. Our Qb's are not of the caliber that we want to have them dropping back 40+ times per game. Feeley should ideally drop back about 25-30 times a game. He needs a runner that can get around 60-80yds per game for some balance.

Finsperfect72 said:
Perhaps he was more pissed off about the potential of a wasted career than Wanny stepping down? Meaning that a new regime would mean another upheaval and a bigger learning curve and the possibility of ending his career without the ring?
Like Marino? I suppose that's a possibility. I am not one to judge...they have sacrificed a lot and who the hell am I? It just seems that Zach played with more fire before and now he's desparate? It's obvious to me that Zach backed Fiedler...and Wanny....for what? The Dolphins gave an under sized LB a chance...seems he owes it to go the distance...

KBISBACK said:
The potential is in the ability, if you would f*cking pay attention. I realize that most of you are completely incapable of paying attention to the game. You see a young QB throw interceptions, and you automatically come to the conclusion that he sucks.

Only one pass out the entire game was a bad decision. It just happened to be another quick pass that the defense was sitting on, and it isn't like they gave him many options on the play. The same play is getting returned for a TD every time. You would think the offensive staff would throw that play out.

Sometimes, I think some of you are calling the plays, because the intelligence behind the play calls certainly aren't there.
I did pay attention, and I watched 4 turnovers. I'm not just talking about an INT as a bad decsion. He also had 2 grounding penalties. You can't win with turnovers and those mistakes. I think it's time for this team to just tear the whole thing apart and start over.

Why would the offensive staff throw the slant out of the playbook? You complain about the intelligence of other posters, then make a comment like that. The same play could just as easily be a big gain for us.

TX-FinFan said:
If you agree that he throws the ball well, then you can see that he has potential, we already know what Fielder brings to the table. Give Feeley some game time to get experience and the mistakes will go away.

229yds in 45 attempts. Yes the YPA isn't that great, but when was the last time Fielder passed for over 230yds in a game? Also, we had no running game to speak of. Our Qb's are not of the caliber that we want to have them dropping back 40+ times per game. Feeley should ideally drop back about 25-30 times a game. He needs a runner that can get around 60-80yds per game for some balance.
He does throw the ball well, but that's not the only thing that counts for a QB. Sure he's the best QB on the roster, but let's face it, that doesn't really say much.

I realize there are growing pains with young QB's. But his mistakes are costing games. I say give him the rest of the season. If he can't stop turning the ball over then he needs to go. It's not every year you get a top 5 pick to use on a QB. I hope Feeley turns out to be a star and we can use that pick on the oline, but the turnovers have to stop for that to happen.

Back
Top Bottom