MERGED: Official NHL Thread | Page 39 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Official NHL Thread

the leafs play atlanta tonight so we'll see how eddie does...and if tucker plays expect a lot of PIM

now im being serious, how can anyone in their right mind say id rather have Robert Esche over Ed Belfour? I just cant fathom that. Its literally blowing my mind.

Slappy8800 said:
now im being serious, how can anyone in their right mind say id rather have Robert Esche over Ed Belfour? I just cant fathom that. Its literally blowing my mind.

Eddy is ancient. He's going to retire soon so if you're building a franchise I'd go with Esche, for a rent-a-goalie I'd go with Ed. I'd go with Kevin Weekes for either though, and no, im not a rangers fan.

i would rather have eddie...esche is younger but the flyers aren't building anything, they are trying to win it now...which in that case i would rather have eddie for a run at the cup

SarahAnn said:
Eddy is ancient. He's going to retire soon so if you're building a franchise I'd go with Esche, for a rent-a-goalie I'd go with Ed. I'd go with Kevin Weekes for either though, and no, im not a rangers fan.

thank you

PeaTearGriffin said:
i would rather have eddie...esche is younger but the flyers aren't building anything, they are trying to win it now...which in that case i would rather have eddie for a run at the cup

exactly...flyers arent building anything with Forsberg,hatcher, etc....Esche is a mediocre goalie, a solid #2....Nittymaki should be starting there

toronto maple leafs on a roll... rangers, boston and now atlanta :hump:

Slappy8800 said:
exactly...flyers arent building anything with Forsberg,hatcher, etc....Esche is a mediocre goalie, a solid #2....Nittymaki should be starting there

The Flyers aren't building anything with 7 players off the minor league Philadelphia Phantoms playing many minutes in the lineup each and every night? Dennis Seidenberg, Joni Pitkanen, Jeff Carter, Mike Richards, Patrick Sharp, Jon Sim, Antero Nittymaki and even Simon Gagne can be considered relatively young talent.....I'm not impressed with Esche either, and i never have been. I think he's an average goalie at best but unless he elevates his play dramatically they cant win the cup. However now or next year i'd take him over Eddie Belfour in a heartbeat. Eddie is drastically over the hill and is nothing compared to what he used to be.

QB2RonnieTD23 said:
and even Simon Gagne can be considered relatively young talent.....I'm not impressed with Esche either, and i never have been. I think he's an average goalie at best but unless he elevates his play dramatically they cant win the cup. However now or next year i'd take him over Eddie Belfour in a heartbeat. Eddie is drastically over the hill and is nothing compared to what he used to be.

Gagne is only 25, but he has been around and im pretty sure he is playing at his peek right now...back to the eddie thing, there is one big thing about the whole belfour vs esche thing and thats that i haven't seen esche change the outcome of a game or take control of games at a constant level while eddie keeps doing it, this season the leafs have only out shot their opponent 5 times, and he makes big save after big save.

PeaTearGriffin said:
Gagne is only 25, but he has been around and im pretty sure he is playing at his peek right now...back to the eddie thing, there is one big thing about the whole belfour vs esche thing and thats that i haven't seen esche change the outcome of a game or take control of games at a constant level while eddie keeps doing it, this season the leafs have only out shot their opponent 5 times, and he makes big save after big save.

?

The only reason the Flyers are playing Esche is because of how well he played in the playoffs making "big save" after "big save". Going toe to toe with Nikolai Khabibulin as the meager Flyers offense couldn't put a puck past him but helping out so much that the series went 7 games. Robert Esche out played both Marty Brodeur and Eddie Belfour in the playoffs 2 years ago. He made all the big saves while Eagle and Marty struggled to make many saves. Belfour is not remotely as good as he used to be and Esche is better....but is a stanley cup calibur goalie? we shall see....i still dont think he's played his best Hockey, i think he can be a top 5-10 goalie in the league.

Darth Saban said:
?

The only reason the Flyers are playing Esche is because of how well he played in the playoffs making "big save" after "big save". Going toe to toe with Nikolai Khabibulin as the meager Flyers offense couldn't put a puck past him but helping out so much that the series went 7 games. Robert Esche out played both Marty Brodeur and Eddie Belfour in the playoffs 2 years ago. He made all the big saves while Eagle and Marty struggled to make many saves. Belfour is not remotely as good as he used to be and Esche is better....but is a stanley cup calibur goalie? we shall see....i still dont think he's played his best Hockey, i think he can be a top 5-10 goalie in the league.

the cup is coming to philly this year partner be proud

Back
Top Bottom