Merged:Peterson, waiting until after Draft./ Peterson will crumble | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Peterson, waiting until after Draft./ Peterson will crumble

SQuinn17

League Dominator
Reaction score
Carl Peterson will crumble!!!!

Just watch!! He'll realize that if he drafts a corner, the rookie will get set on fire by randy moss. He's just trying to lowball us but Saban isnt buying.

Peterson, waiting until after Draft.

Peterson will not deal his 2nd round pick IMO. He will wait until after the draft so he doesn't have to give this years up and then gladly give up a 2nd from next year's draft. He has said in the past few days that it would be very hard to get a deal done and is delibrately procrastinating IMO. I hope Saban sees through this and raises the price to a 1st if they're going to hold out until after the draft.

yeah, i'd hope we push for a first next year too, but more likely by playing hardball the chiefs might be able to pull off a 2nd & 4th/5th next year knowing thta he's entering his final year....

sucks. :(

well he's gettin screwed one way or the other if he doesnt get surtain. the top corners in the draft will most likely be gone by the time kc picks. even if they get ty law, theyll be paying a huge contract for a bad leg.

yankeehillbilly said:
Peterson is known to be a cheap b@stard, so I doubt he will crumble....he will just miss out on Surtain, KCs defense will get toasted by Moss, and Peterson will be out looking for work.

that's not true. If anything he's been criticized for being the opposite. Last year he gave up a 2nd and a 5th for J. Welbourne, a lineman.

Yes Peterson is a bum. He says that Pat may play 4-5 years and if he drafted a corner in the 2nd that he would last 10 years. HELLO the guy may never even become a starter. Pat IS a PROBOWLER no question about it. Thats why KC will never win the SB with Him as a Gm.

SQuinn17 said:
Just watch!! He'll realize that if he drafts a corner, the rookie will get set on fire by randy moss. He's just trying to lowball us but Saban isnt buying.

I hope Peterson thinks you are right. But If he doesn't, he will agree with you after Moss kills the poor kid, whoever he is.

I`ll take a 2nd and 3rd/4th next year. Who thinks the second rd pick wed get this year is going to make this a SB team this year ? Not me.Next year is about as good as this.There should be a note that if the Chiefs finish top 10 in the league,next years other pick is a third,not a 4th..or something along that line.

The Chiefs haven't won a playoff game since 1993. If they want anything to change, they need to be aggressive and make some moves. Sometimes you have to be daring, but I think Petersen is too afraid to just be bold and go for it. That's fine if he's afraid, but drafting a CB and expecting him to solidify a defense as a rookie pick 15 is a stretch. It's kind of a shame, because I like the Chiefs and would like to see them win for Vermeil's sake, but I can't imagine anything will be any different for this team. 6 playoff spots, with the Patriots, Colts, Ravens, Steelers, practically assured 4 of them, doesn't leave KC with a lot of openings. Oh, and why didn't WE trade with Houston?
Damn them.

I wouldn't mind a low/mid (4 or 5) pick this year and a 2 next year; it's still 2 picks and may be even used more wisely once Saban has a year under his belt with the team and knows exactly what he needs. Actually, this is what I ultimately thought would happen: a 4 this year and a 2 or 3 next year.

I would take a 2 next year with a 4 this year.

Is there anyone on here who won't be rooting heavily against the Chiefs next year? Peterson has been extremely arrogant in his statements. Almost treating the Dolphins like a step-child, acting as if we're being too stubborn on what we are asking. I never hated the Chiefs and respect Vermeil. But, I will be wanting them to crash and burn for trying to steal Surtain for next to nothing!

yankeehillbilly said:
Peterson is known to be a cheap b@stard, so I doubt he will crumble....he will just miss out on Surtain, KCs defense will get toasted by Moss, and Peterson will be out looking for work.

My thoughts exactly.He will be blamed if they dont do well.

He will be blamed if they dont do well.

I know you guys don't follow the Chiefs, but Chiefs fans have been blaming him for years & years...but Lamar Hunt just gave him another four year extension. Peterson doesn't have to worry about his job.:shakeno:

I'm telling you that the only pressure he "might" be feeling is from Vermeil & I don't think Vermeil has even said what he thinks of Surtain. This is Carl Peterson's show.:fire:

Back
Top Bottom