[MERGED] PFT: Keyshawn has Deal on the Table | Keyshawn: No deal in place | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] PFT: Keyshawn has Deal on the Table | Keyshawn: No deal in place

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
Keyshawn Johnson says he will decide in the next few days whether to return to the NFL.
Johnson, the former Jets, Buccaneers, Cowboys and Panthers wide receiver, apparently has an offer on the table from the Miami Dolphins.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

According to PFT the Deal is on the Table and it is all up to Keyshawn, so we might be hearing something very soon. Like I have said in the past I dont think this is a bad deal and he could defitnetly help out all the young Guns. Personally I see Keyshawn at htis point in his career as a slot guy only.

he's no Derek Hagan

I hate his personality, but a 1-15 team could really use him

I would say after Kenoi Kennedy and Rodney Harrison this guy is my most hated player. Let's see how long it takes for the fans to boo his *** at a game. He better not drop a single pass or he's gonna hear it.

how was the DB who hit Key hard in '06 and ended up being the injured party?

a big receiver with big stones is nice to have

Key has been nothing but a model football player since he left the Jets. He was a class act up here in Carolina and you couldn't ask for a better blocking WR that don't ever take a play off. Some of you are rediculous with your hatred of players past and inability to see what they have developed into. This place is pathetic in that way.

we need as many veteran players as we can possibly get. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I don't get this at all and I'm completely against it.

He's slow, old, has been out of the league for a year so who knows what shape and what if any dedication he'll have to coming back in any kind of shape at all.

His attitude has been questionable at best over the years so IMO those saying he'll offer guidance to young WR's goes right out the window.

I don't see anything Keyshawn offers this team at all.

Signing him also negates the reasoning that the cutting of Zach was for "rebuilding" purposes

I don't get this at all and I'm completely against it.

He's slow, old, has been out of the league for a year so who knows what shape and what if any dedication he'll have to coming back in any kind of shape at all.

His attitude has been questionable at best over the years so IMO those saying he'll offer guidance to young WR's goes right out the window.

I don't see anything Keyshawn offers this team at all.
[mod] Not needed, stay on track and follow TOS[/mod] At his age he is still probably the best blocking WR in the game and loves to do it. He is also a great hands receiver that don't care to go across the middle and looks for contact. That is why Bill wants him.

Key has been nothing but a model football player since he left the Jets. He was a class act up here in Carolina and you couldn't ask for a better blocking WR that don't ever take a play off. Some of you are rediculous with your hatred of players past and inability to see what they have developed into. This place is pathetic in that way.

hatred?
How bout just plain old assessment of who a player is.

Drama has followed him everywhere he's gone and so has the lazy tag.

I don't like his attitude period and don't want it on a team that is supposed to be rebuilding with youth AND instilling a positive organizational attitude moving forward.

Keyshawn would've been a nice pickup for us...4 years ago. I just don't know how much he has left in the tank. And the whole Cris Carter incident has me worried a bit more about it too.

Hey Bill Parcells.....why not give Drew Bledsoe a call as well?

Sorry, but I am not digging the direction this team is going. We don't need to become the Miami Cowboys or continue to pick up old scrubs from elsewhere. I guess some things never are going to change around here. :rolleyes2:

hatred?
How bout just plain old assessment of who a player is.

Drama has followed him everywhere he's gone and so has the lazy tag.

I don't like his attitude period and don't want it on a team that is supposed to be rebuilding with youth AND instilling a positive organizational attitude moving forward.

Your wrong!! He has gotten so much better over the years. In Dallas and Carolina he was the second option and had no problem with it. He will be a great addition to the team. And I believe will help Hagan as I can see them as the same type of recievers. Although at this point Keyshawn has better hands and is a better blocker. And id say its about 80% chance he will be a fin next year so learn to love him.

PS. While he was kinda dramatic early in his career he has grown up. And i have never heard his name and lazy used in the same sentence.

Back
Top Bottom