[MERGED] PFT: Keyshawn has Deal on the Table | Keyshawn: No deal in place | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] PFT: Keyshawn has Deal on the Table | Keyshawn: No deal in place

This move in no way should be compaired to the Zack move. Zack DOES NOT have a ring and would probably like a shot at one. Key does, and probably feels that he has some gas left in the tank and wants to come out and play ball for a few more years and knows that he could be a part of something special if things get turned around in Miami. Also, he is comfortable with the coaching staff and they are with him as well.

This move in no way should be compaired to the Zack move. Zack DOES NOT have a ring and would probably like a shot at one. Key does, and probably feels that he has some gas left in the tank and wants to come out and play ball for a few more years and knows that he could be a part of something special if things get turned around in Miami. Also, he is comfortable with the coaching staff and they are with him as well.

I don't agree, most here say Key will come in and teach our WR's. Zach would not have taught the LB's????

The guy has not played in over a year. Why not sign two younger guys that can grow into the role when we are good instead of an older guy that won't be here when we are good.

They cut Zach to save money and injurys and he was older. Why spend bigger money on a player that has not played?

I would rather make a run at a young player like Justin Gage from the Tenn Titians than sign Johnson.

I don't agree, most here say Key will come in and teach our WR's. Zach would not have taught the LB's????

The guy has not played in over a year. Why not sign two younger guys that can grow into the role when we are good instead of an older guy that won't be here when we are good.

They cut Zach to save money and injurys and he was older. Why spend bigger money on a player that has not played?

I would rather make a run at a young player like Justin Gage from the Tenn Titians than sign Johnson.

I agree with you, very good point!! But just wanted to say that I would not sign KJ if it came at a heavy price tag. Zacks price was 5.6 mil and I would have gladly paid that for ZT!! I am all for getting players like you said to grow into our system, and to be good for years to come rather than a quick fix.

i too would rather take Justin Gage. actually on my Madden 2008 team, Gage is my #2 receiver. hes big and actually is one of the best in my game, lol.

If he has such a great itch to come back and play. Then let him come to TC and win a job; then I'd be more than happy to pay him Vet minumn. Oh but he wants 5 Mil a year to kill that itch. So sorry and we cut the heart of the team, Zach Thomas, who is younger and has more heart in his little pinkie than Key has in his whole body. Talk about teaching young guys how to be a pro when you've cut the best teacher from this team.

NO, NO, NO, and NO.

I'm slightly puzzled by all of this.

Recall Keyshawn being released by Dallas (Parcells) when they decided to make way for T.O.?

Why? Keyshawn didn't want a reduced role or share the spotlight?

Keyshawn's cap charge for that year was $3.6M and they cut him right before he was to collect a $1M bonus.

It seems to me Parcells would know KJ better than anyone in the NFL. So, why is he good enough for us, but wasn't good enough for the up and coming Cowboys?

TO is obviously the better WR. But, he's not quite as known for his blocking as KJ. Not too mention, not many of the Cowboy WR's are known for blocking. At least not as well as KJ.

Either way I look at it... it simply smells of what most are having difficulty dealing with.... it's a player Parcells knows and prefers "his" guy over an aging icon.

But, in either argument for bringing KJ aboard, I still do not see any evidence of this "mentor/tutor" or "roleplayer" in KJ's history. And, I also don't see Parcells' history of believing KJ "plays well with others".

It doesn't add up to me. So, the only reason left is the most obvious one. Parcells would rather employ a friend. But, a friend he truly doesn't see as "the answer" or "an answer" for any reason.

I'll guess we'll see how well KJ defers the spotlight for Ginn, Jr and Hagan and if he can be the garbage man.

I guess for the most part, I think we're learning what the fans of Parcells' teams go through. And, we might as well play along. After all, he does produce winners.

Parting thought.... I thought Parcells was gonna stay out of day to day operations? ;)

were going after the wrong Johnson. It should be BRYANT Johnson. Get Younger!!!!!!1

he hasnt played in awhile hes going to need to get in shape and why would he come back to football getting hit and all when he's in a booth talking about football and not getting hit and still making alot of money and come back to nfl on a crappy team if he would come back i say he rather come to a team that could fight for a championship.

i would say that jerry jones had more to do with keyshawn being replaced by TO. but back on topic why would keyshawn come here to play? we have no qb, we have no wr's, and we have no te's. just stay in bristol!

I don't get this at all and I'm completely against it.

He's slow, old, has been out of the league for a year so who knows what shape and what if any dedication he'll have to coming back in any kind of shape at all.

His attitude has been questionable at best over the years so IMO those saying he'll offer guidance to young WR's goes right out the window.

I don't see anything Keyshawn offers this team at all.

Signing him also negates the reasoning that the cutting of Zach was for "rebuilding" purposes
I've been one of the biggest preachers of the need to really start rebuilding. but you can't get everyone in 1 year and 1 draft, you have to have some vets. to bring the young guys along. As far as your point about letting Zach go; I think Keyshawn will come at a far cheaper $ with less of a cap hit. Don't you?

All of the intangibles are great. However the bottom line is can he contribute ON the field? He was out of football last year and what does this say about the decision to cut Zach? Does Bill know something that we don't. Keyshawn will come cheap though.

well Zach thomas wasn't exactly IN football last year.

Like stated before, we can't fill all these major holes in one offseason.

I haven't heard keyshawn wanting $5mil/year, is there a link for that?

I thought he would come relatively cheap. He can fill a hole, he may be cheap.
He's an upgrade over hagan. At the very least he will take some pressure off ginn, in the passing attack.

I think this can be good for the team.

and I hate to beat a deadhorse, but if the price is right.

thats what I have been saying for everyone else, it's no different when it comes to keyshawn.

in addition... I highly doubt that parcells is gonna let keyshawn come in, out of shape, and having no chance of contributing on the field just to give a friend a job.

If he comes back, he will be in shape, and should make an impact.

Back
Top Bottom