[MERGED] PFT-Pats Filmed Rams Walk-Through at SB XXXVI | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] PFT-Pats Filmed Rams Walk-Through at SB XXXVI

MAN I wish this would have come out earlier.. I knew they sucked but not this hard!!

In reality this year they have not cheated and look at there record.

They cheated in week 1. But even if they didn't They've had the benefit of inflated player values to pad their drafts. Trade players get higher picks than their worth, or comp picks when the players leave. It's not just this year, it's been for (apparently) the last 5 years. That's how you build a dynasty.

With the team they had this season it's hard not to say they're one of the best of all time. What this does is put into question everything as far back as the first super bowl win (which the articles talks about) and ending as late as week 1 this season.
Everything in between could be tainted including... oh, I don't know, three super bowl victories? If this keeps growing it could keep Brady and Belichick out of the hall of fame. It might even cost Belichick his job. Hell, Robert Kraft could get a lot of **** for this too.
My sentiments exactly. there is no doubt the pats are a very talented team. The fact of the matter is they cheated this year and it is very possible they did this in the past as well.

NFL - Patriots cheated to beat Rams in 2002

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-superbowl-patriots-ta*****llegation&prov=ap&type=lgns

According to 2 former Patriots assistants, also the NFL has known about the these illegal taping sessions for some time now and hoped that it would had blown under the rug.

The statements of these 2 new Patriots Assistants backs up the claims of the Patriots coach whom tipped the media to their cheating during the Jets game last season. The coach said that the Patriots have cheated since Belichick took over.

Doubt the league will do whats right and expel Belicheck and his staff, but at least the news is getting out. :woot:

Their trophy should be taken away from them.

Bellichick should also be suspended for a season, two, or lifetime.

Come on -- cheating in the SUPER BOWL???????

I was actually happy they won that game. But Belichek is putting a big * next to all of these SB wins. I don't see anything coming from this except for maybe a fine & some draft picks. They won't, shouldn't, take the trouphy away from them.

should they take the trophies away? NO my reason is even though they cheated you cant give the superbowl titles to the losers. They never really won so they are not champions either.

Huh, no wonder Goodell burned the tapes, but goodness would he get crap for it if this stuff is true. And if they did it their first Super Bowl win and got away with it, why wouldn't they do it for the rest of their Super Bowls too? With all the crap the NFL would get from that, I'd probably burn the tapes too.

I really don't think that this issue involves Goodell, he did burn the tapes, but what was he supposed to do? This was the previous Commishoners problem Tagliabu, he was the Commishoner when it happened....

However, if they really did video tape the Rams practice I think only losing the 31 or 32 pick is BS. I think they should be punished a lot more.

Does anyone still have the picture of the camera guy on the sidelines filming during the Jets game? I want to do a caption.....

The Patriots organization is a complete JOKE. Every SB win needs an asterisk now. I don't respect any member or fans of that team at all.

Look I hate Pats as much as anyone. This crap is so over blown. Regardless of alligations the Patriots are a damn good football team. Stop crying about how they cheated. It doesn't change what they'e accomplished if they go undefeated. They will be remembered as the best ever. If you keep bringing up stupid crap it just makes you look a sore loser.

They won each of their past 3 SB's on late FG drives. Hardly the stuff of a dynasty. The win against the Rams is now being thrown into question. They barely beat a pretty average Carolina Panthers team and an Eagles team with TO playing on a broken ankle.
As to the stupid crap comment, the destruction of evidence by Goodell certainly seems suspicious. Why shouldn't the other organizations in the league have been allowed to review that evidence, especially it was against them?
If I'm the owner of the Rams, Panthers or Eagles I'd be filing a lawsuit against the league and getting depositions from every member of the Pats organization. I would have a microscope up Goodell's _ ss.
Don't forget that the winners of playoff games and the SB get larger bonuses than the losers. If I'm a player on those teams I'd be pretty ticked off.

No in this case the league needs to take all of the Patriots trophies away from them. There is proof they did this 3 times, and I will bet you anything that they have some how done it this year with the Giants.

The NFL needs to adopt the NCAA Death Penalty rule and not only strip the Pats of their titles, but also prevent them from drafting anyone for the next 3 seasons, or how ever long they have been cheating. They should also only allow them to play away games for 1 full season.

If the freaking NCAA can do that the NFL should be allowed to as well. :up:

Back
Top Bottom