[MERGED] PFT-Pats Filmed Rams Walk-Through at SB XXXVI | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] PFT-Pats Filmed Rams Walk-Through at SB XXXVI

They won each of their past 3 SB's on late FG drives. Hardly the stuff of a dynasty. The win against the Rams is now being thrown into question. They barely beat a pretty average Carolina Panthers team and an Eagles team with TO playing on a broken ankle.
As to the stupid crap comment, the destruction of evidence by Goodell certainly seems suspicious. Why shouldn't the other organizations in the league have been allowed to review that evidence, especially it was against them?
If I'm the owner of the Rams, Panthers or Eagles I'd be filing a lawsuit against the league and getting depositions from every member of the Pats organization. I would have a microscope up Goodell's _ ss.
Don't forget that the winners of playoff games and the SB get larger bonuses than the losers. If I'm a player on those teams I'd be pretty ticked off.

Yeah the freaking Panthers, Rams, and Eagles need to sue along with the 3 teams that lost the AFC title to the Pats that same year, as well as the Dolphins.

The Panthers, Rams, and Eagles were cheated out of a Super Bowl, the AFC title losers were cheated out of higher salaries, and the Dolphins are having their world record taken.

Well it all starts with the fans, we need to start a petition online to have the Dolphins sue the Patriots, the fans of the other teams Rams, Eagles, etc. need to pressure their teams to do the same.

:up:

With the team they had this season it's hard not to say they're one of the best of all time. What this does is put into question everything as far back as the first super bowl win (which the articles talks about) and ending as late as week 1 this season.
Everything in between could be tainted including... oh, I don't know, three super bowl victories? If this keeps growing it could keep Brady and Belichick out of the hall of fame. It might even cost Belichick his job. Hell, Robert Kraft could get a lot of **** for this too.
Who says it ended in week 1 after they got caught against the Jets? Billichek's a smug prick and probably just kept on doing it, but perhaps a little more covertly.

The whole thing sickens me but no matter the evidence the NFL will not do anything. They are making a bundle off this Superbowl and the pats run. The NFL is not about right or wrong it is about money and profit always has been. I love football and the phins always will but all of this has made me lose all respect for the NFL and it's current administrators..

They should lose their trophies, if the NCAA does it then the NFL has every right to do it. I wouldn't doubt to see more politicians get involved in this either, Specter has already questioned what Goodell did so I expect this to become a very big story.

There is no evidence they did anything. There is an allegation by an employee who was $h!tcanned. This stuff comes out conveniently, just days before the Super Bowl, the NFL already reviewed the allegations about the Rams game several months ago, it's not even new. The person who says he taped the Rams walk-through also claims he never gave the tape to the coaching staff. So how in the world could the Patriots of gained any competitive advantage?

Now this Walsh guy comes out and says he's got stuff that will embarrass everyone, but then says he doesn't know anything and wants to be left alone. The guy sounds like a disgruntled former employee fishing for a payday. He was a 24 year-old nobody on the Patriots staff, and he was entrusted with violating league rules with impunity? Give me a break. He was a videographer who apparently knew where all the dead bodies were buried, but was abruptly fired by the team. If you feared the guy saying something, you'd keep him on the payroll, make him dependent on the organization, you wouldn't give the guy a pink slip and give him motive to peddle salacious stories, especially if they're true!

The original allegation that the Patriots videotape defensive signals is a non-issue. Everyone knows, as Bill Parcells said, their signals are being intercepted. It's not against league rules to intercept signals, to have a guy with high powered optics watching the opposition and relaying what they see to the sidelines, it's against the rules to videotape the signals. What's the difference? The use of audiotapes of offensive playcalls are common, how is that any less egregious? The Dolphins have done it. The fact is that what they did violated the rules, but that is a different issue then whether or not the rules make any sense, or whether or not the activities in question gave a competitive advantage to one side. Remember the Carolina Panthers who were implicated in steroid use after the Super Bowl? Does that mean the Panthers cheated too? Technically I guess it would, does anyone put it that way?

There is no evidence they did anything. There is an allegation by an employee who was $h!tcanned. This stuff comes out conveniently, just days before the Super Bowl, the NFL already reviewed the allegations about the Rams game several months ago, it's not even new. The person who says he taped the Rams walk-through also claims he never gave the tape to the coaching staff. So how in the world could the Patriots of gained any competitive advantage?

Now this Walsh guy comes out and says he's got stuff that will embarrass everyone, but then says he doesn't know anything and wants to be left alone. The guy sounds like a disgruntled former employee fishing for a payday. He was a 24 year-old nobody on the Patriots staff, and he was entrusted with violating league rules with impunity? Give me a break. He was a videographer who apparently knew where all the dead bodies were buried, but was abruptly fired by the team. If you feared the guy saying something, you'd keep him on the payroll, make him dependent on the organization, you wouldn't give the guy a pink slip and give him motive to peddle salacious stories, especially if they're true!

The original allegation that the Patriots videotape defensive signals is a non-issue. Everyone knows, as Bill Parcells said, their signals are being intercepted. It's not against league rules to intercept signals, to have a guy with high powered optics watching the opposition and relaying what they see to the sidelines, it's against the rules to videotape the signals. What's the difference? The use of audiotapes of offensive playcalls are common, how is that any less egregious? The Dolphins have done it. The fact is that what they did violated the rules, but that is a different issue then whether or not the rules make any sense, or whether or not the activities in question gave a competitive advantage to one side. Remember the Carolina Panthers who were implicated in steroid use after the Super Bowl? Does that mean the Panthers cheated too? Technically I guess it would, does anyone put it that way?

Clearly you're in denial. Accepting is the first step in the healing process:D

The whole thing sickens me but no matter the evidence the NFL will not do anything. They are making a bundle off this Superbowl and the pats run. The NFL is not about right or wrong it is about money and profit always has been. I love football and the phins always will but all of this has made me lose all respect for the NFL and it's current administrators..

Where is the next Al Davis in NFL ownership circles when you need him. Boy, did he give Rozelle headaches.
They need a maverick owner to come along and throw a little discomfort in Goodell's way.

While I do agree that the timing seems just a little too convenient, I also believe that would be the NFL's fault. Goodell should have been more forthcoming and honest with regards to the contents of those tapes if he wanted to put this behind him. Myself, I think he's tried to sweep this aside because it may expose more about all of the teams than anyone wants to see. But Goodell should have known first of all you don't ignore a US Senator. That was incredibly arrogant or just stupid. Secondly, you don't ignore media questions. If you do, they'll just start digging more.
As to your assertions; do you have a link to the first highlighted part. I haven't read anything saying this person who taped the Rams' walkthrough never gave the tape to the Pats.
Also help me out by further explaining the other highlighted statements. If it is a rule violation it is not a non- issue. And if there is nothing to be gained by it (ie: gaining a competitive advantage), why would a team do it? Why would a team intentionally violate a rule if their wasn't something to be gained?

It is being reported by Sal Paolantonio of ESPN that if this Matt Walsh guy has video showing the taping of the Rams walk-through, Belichick will be suspended for the entire 2008 season. That would be a start, but I think more then that needs to be done. The Barry Bonds of the NFL need to be punished and punished harshly.

Belichick could be just hours away from coaching his last game as the Patriots head coach. WOW.

It is being reported by Sal Paolantonio of ESPN that if this Matt Walsh guy has video showing the taping of the Rams walk-through, Belichick will be suspended for the entire 2008 season. That would be a start, but I think more then that needs to be done. The Barry Bonds of the NFL need to be punished and punished harshly.

Belichick could be just hours away from coaching his last game as the Patriots head coach. WOW.
I would be surprised if he made copies to keep but maybe he knew this could come back to bite him somehow...........:foundout:

If these allegations turn out to be facts I hope that the NFL makes an example of Bill Bellicheat and the patriots organization. This is not acceptable in sports and we should not idolize teams who cheat and then win.

Where did you hear he never gave the tape to the coaching staff?
According to teh Boston Herald the Patriots secretly taped the rams before the Super Bowl and it was unnamed source, and did not name Walsh as the person behind the camera. If there is proof of such tapes it would make sense the fact that the Greatest Show on Turf only scored a field goal in the first half.

He's not a nobody, he had to sign a legal nondisclosure aggreement when he left the team, and he fears saying too much now because he does not want to get sued by the Patsies. He has an attorney that has told him to only talk to the NFL or Congress.

This isnt just taping of any ole game, the allegations are to the Superbowl, and that's a pretty big deal.

It's time to make the "guarenteed win" Patriots pay for their cheating ways. Take away their superbowl rings and maybe even get rid of the team all together. Take Tom Brady and the Heartbreakers and burn them at the stake and send Belicheat to the gallows.

If any of you think the cheating is limited to taping one walkthrough of the Rams or sideline signals of a few teams, you're deluding yourself. If these guys are willing to video tape one walk through, they're willing to videotape every walk through they can get access to - remember these NFL film crew people follow every team around all the time and Pats could have paid off one of these guys, or slipped their own man in to walk around and no one would notice.

These guys are CHEATERS, they may have even paid refs.

This is not going away, MikeO was right when he said that a few months ago.

Back
Top Bottom