MERGED-PFT reports Atlanta has its HC picked... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED-PFT reports Atlanta has its HC picked...

etsudolfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
PFT reports that the Falcons have their guy...they just aren't sure exactly who he is. They speculate Mike Singletary from San Francisco, but they also think Louisville coach Bobby Petrino could be it. If this is true..then we have one less competitor for HC. Don't shoot the messanger..just passing the news along

POSTED 8:12 p.m. EST; UPDATED 8:16 p.m. EST, January 7, 2007

FALCONS HAVE A NEW HEAD COACH

We can tell you that the Atlanta Falcons have a new head coach.

What we don't know is who it is.

We know that they have a new coach because we know who a member of his staff is going to be. But we can't name the member of the staff without giving up our source.

Stay tuned.

Our guess remains that it's 49ers assistant head coach Mike Singletary, primarily because most of the other candidates are from teams that are still playing. The only short-lister whose team is finished is Steelers offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt, but it would be a shocker if he were to take the job without interviewing for the vacancy in Pittsburgh. His interview there is scheduled for Tuesday.

POSTED 8:33 p.m. EST, January 7, 2006

IS PETRINO THE MYSTERY MAN?

As the NFL media scrambles to figure out who the next Falcons coach will be, we're told that one of the rumors floating around league and college circles is that Louisville coach Bobby Petrino is the guy.

If Petrino was interviewed for the job, he wisely kept it quiet so as not to hurt his recruiting efforts.

Stay tuned.

See I was thinking the same, but I don't see him agreeing to coach them if he hasn't even interviewed with Pittsburgh yet...that is unless he already interviewed with Pitt

espn.com is reporting they are negotiating with Petrino - wonder if Petrino leaving may prompt Brohm into declaring...

If he's sure about the situation, he probably wouldn't hesitate because he's been around Pittsburgh enough to know if he's interested or not.

Just makes sense though. Georgia native. Gerogia Tech alum. Former Falcon. Also, Mort reported this earlier.

PFT is already confirming that it is in fact Petrino. He is hiring staff, despite the fact that the deal isn't 100% complete.

ESPN too. It is done. One less opening, and a candidate that the Dolphins weren't seemingly interested in. :dolphins:

Holy ****, it's Petrino!?!?!?!? This pisses me off so much because he's one of my favorite coaches and I didn't think he'd even consider leaving UofL.

All I have to say is WOW...I didn't expect this! Especially with all the talk about Louisville making a national title run next year!

unless Whisenhut knows he could take the Atlanta job, and would then leave the door open for Russ Grimm to take over in Pitt.

Back
Top Bottom