Merged: PFT: Vince Young scores a 6 on the Wonderlic. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: PFT: Vince Young scores a 6 on the Wonderlic.

If this is true, Vince Young is the next Tee Martin... Only dumber.

Alex22 said:
I actually wouldnt be suprised if instead of anwsering questions he just filled it out so it looked like a big V on the the paper

I bet if he did that he would have scored higher than a 6! :wink:

Wow I can't beleive all this is over Vince Young. Ok So he did poor on the TEST what does that prove ? Nothing. He was in college 3 years and I never heard or anything wrong acadimics wise. The fact he scored a 6 is only a rumor and should only be taken as that. Vince Young has problems like every other QB in this draft. If we did draft Vince at 16 I think he would have to sit, But he could become a very good QB.

Dolphins_SR66 said:
I bet if he did that he would have scored higher than a 6! :wink:

Maybe but then again like I said it doesnt measure how well you proccess info

Lets say the question is what is 8x4

The anwser is 32 obviously

But lets say your dumb and think it is 31 and you have always thought that

You processed the info just fine, but unfortunatly you are wrong, but the thing is that its testing real world knowlege because of that and not football knowledge

Skeet84 said:
Wow I can't beleive all this is over Vince Young. Ok So he did poor on the TEST what does that prove ? Nothing. He was in college 3 years and I never heard or anything wrong acadimics wise. The fact he scored a 6 is only a rumor and should only be taken as that. Vince Young has problems like every other QB in this draft. If we did draft Vince at 16 I think he would have to sit, But he could become a very good QB.

IF Vince Young scored a 6 on the Wonderlic, I seriously have to question the academic integrity of Texas Atheletics.. Im sorry, but you should not be able to pass a University Level class if you cant even score above a 6 on the Wonderlic, probably the easiest intelligence test in circulation. Seriously, I could probably find 2nd graders who would score higher than that.

A year of Saban's tutoring would do him some good.

Alex22 said:
Maybe but then again like I said it doesnt measure how well you proccess info

Lets say the question is what is 8x4

The anwser is 32 obviously

But lets say your dumb and think it is 31 and you have always thought that

You processed the info just fine, but unfortunatly you are wrong, but the thing is that its testing real world knowlege because of that and not football knowledge

Bro, stop trying to defend his performance of this test simply because he is Vince Young. Simple multiplication involves a cognitive process just as deciphering a defense does. If you cant even successfully do basic problem solving, solving an NFL defense will certainly be daunting for him..

Just look at the success rates of QBs with low Wonderlic scores.. It is no coincidence that most with scores in the teens or below dont amount to much.. THe only exceptions I have seen are Marino and McNabb.. But none of them scored as low as SIX.. thats frickin unheard of.

I have been a big Vince Young supporter on here... but, I'm sorry, if he actually scored a six... no way you draft him as a QB.

A six is so incredibly stupid he could barely wash himself.

A six is so stupid I have a real hard time believing this is true. I've heard the man speak... he's not a six.

My guess is one of two things:

1- This report is bull.

2. He can't read. No way is he a natural six, if he did score that, I have to think the man can't read.

SkapePhin said:
Bro, stop trying to defend his performance of this test simply because he is Vince Young. Simple multiplication involves a cognitive process just as deciphering a defense does. If you cant even successfully do basic problem solving, solving an NFL defense will certainly be daunting for him..

Just look at the success rates of QBs with low Wonderlic scores.. It is no coincidence that most with scores in the teens or below dont amount to much.. THe only exceptions I have seen are Marino and McNabb.. But none of them scored as low as SIX.. thats frickin unheard of.

I know he has on the field knowledge, so how stupid he is off the field doesnt matter

I heard him sit there and break down USC's defense and what they would have to do against it, Ive heard him interviewed about his childhood, I dont think he is by any means a rocket scientist but I dont think he is an idiot either

SkapePhin said:
IF Vince Young scored a 6 on the Wonderlic, I seriously have to question the academic integrity of Texas Atheletics.. Im sorry, but you should not be able to pass a University Level class if you cant even score above a 6 on the Wonderlic, probably the easiest intelligence test in circulation. Seriously, I could probably find 2nd graders who would score higher than that.

Well Tee Martin scored 11 and I know that TN Vols have a very high academic institution.

i would love to take him.i really dont care what he is like off the field as long as hes not like ricky.we alll know what he could do on a football field.that would be amazing if he fell to us

BTW Im looking up other guys scores not all QB's and here is what I found

Frank Gore-RB- Also got a 6 *he has a learning disability im 100% serious on that*

Aaron Rodgers scored a 35 and people are saying he doesnt have what it takes to succeed

Peyton Manning apparantly scored a 16

Ill have more later

Skeet84 said:
Wow a 6! Thats horrible however Dan Marino did really bad too. It was alittle under 20 like 17 I think. So a bad test has some to do with it, But not all to do with it.

I thinnk Marino got a 12. But there is a big difference between a 6 and a 12. The questions are progressive.

Back
Top Bottom