Merged: PFT/ Will Allen Heading To Miami? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: PFT/ Will Allen Heading To Miami?

chrisinak

Go Air Force
Reaction score
According to PFT:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

We're hearing indications that free agent cornerback Will Allen soon will be signing with the Miami Dolphins.

Allen is a former first-round selection of the New York Giants, but he never displayed on a consistent basis first-round ability. He was eclipsed from the outset of his career another corner drafted that same year with the same first name, William Peterson, and the Giants extended Peterson's rookie contract without ever showing any serious decision to be keep Allen.

In Miami, Allen gets the best chance to become the player he's never been. Coach Nick Saban's specialty is the defensive backfield, and we've got a feeling he could yank four guys from the kitchen of a local Denny's and with a few weeks of practice turn them into guys who could make a periodic play.

I am not sure about him. He struggled a lot with the Giants. I don't see him being better than Poole or Daniels.

Ryan1973 said:
I am not sure about him. He struggled a lot with the Giants. I don't see him better than Poole or Daniels.

he's got talent, and has shown flashes of being a really good player. He's gotten injured a lot and has been inconsistent. Some players just need a change of scenary.

Lets not forget that Saban can help him develop as that is his specialty...

Good, I think it would be a quality signing. He's not the flashy type of guy everybody wants who grabs a ton of Int's, but he is a good young talent.

If we give him anymore than 2mill per year, we're way overpaying. Deshea Townsend just got a 4 year, 8 million dollar contract from the Steelers, and Allen for all his potential, hasnt played up to even Townsend's level yet.

chrisinak said:
In Miami, Allen gets the best chance to become the player he's never been.

Only if we sign ty law and change his name to will allen.

i have watched will allen from the beginning of his NFL career, IF he signs; to me it will be a quality signing. he is a tough as nails CB with good coverage skills, the knock on him; is he doesn't come up with any INT's ... but he consistantly covers his man all over the field... he is a solid young CB prospect and i would love to see him join the fins ... the addition of allen would give miami an experienced young CB to help groom the rest of the secondary. the current miami prospect on the roster that compares to allen is Will Poole.. they are built the same and both support the run well ... again this only my opinion on allen, but after having seen him play every sunday, i will be tickled pink if he signs ... he is a nick saban type....

dolfan91 said:
i have watched will allen from the beginning of his NFL career, IF he signs; to me it will be a quality signing. he is a tough as nails CB with good coverage skills, the knock on him; is he doesn't come up with any INT's ... but he consistantly covers his man all over the field... he is a solid young CB prospect and i would love to see him join the fins ... the addition of allen would give miami an experienced young CB to help groom the rest of the secondary. the current miami prospect on the roster that compares to allen is Will Poole.. they are built the same and both support the run well ... again this only my opinion on allen, but after having seen him play every sunday, i will be tickled pink if he signs ... he is a nick saban type....

Agreed

chrisinak said:
According to PFT:

We're hearing indications that free agent cornerback Will Allen soon will be signing with the Miami Dolphins.

Allen is a former first-round selection of the New York Giants, but he never displayed on a consistent basis first-round ability. He was eclipsed from the outset of his career another corner drafted that same year with the same first name, William Peterson, and the Giants extended Peterson's rookie contract without ever showing any serious decision to be keep Allen.

In Miami, Allen gets the best chance to become the player he's never been. Coach Nick Saban's specialty is the defensive backfield, and we've got a feeling he could yank four guys from the kitchen of a local Denny's and with a few weeks of practice turn them into guys who could make a periodic play.

Bring in Ahmed Plummer :shakeno:

I hope we don't sign him, he was just horrible for the Giants, that's why they are signing DB's, so they could dump him.

He has stone hands, and can't tackle.

I have also seen all his games, we don't want him!!!

chrisinak said:
According to PFT:

I can only imagine the benefits that would come from some talent upgrades in our defensive backfield. Nick worked absolute magic last year year scheming to protect our many weaknesses and was pretty damned successful. Every improvement opens another page in our ability to defense. I cannot help but remember Hudson's press conference where he explained the interdependency of each unit towards the final goal. Every improvement affects the entire unit and of course this leads to the Saban philosophy of personal responsibility for you own job within a scheme.

Now think for a second about how excited we all are over our offensive acquisitions so far. I am fairly glowing that our Coach not only was aggressive, but successful in resolving two of our biggest offensive needs. We just became stronger and maybe REALLY stronger. Plenty to get excited about, then recall that Nick had the best defense in the NFL at his last stop. I believe with all my heart we will see the same thing here. Already we are not fourth quarter pushovers any more..especially in December.

He's starting to load up with multi position players that have unrealized talent, guys that with better coaching can improve. He's adding quality depth with guys that have great situational potential too, opening up yet another threat. We will soon see those ever changing schemes and appearances that NE so effectively uses. 4-3 one week, 3-4 the next, 2-5-4 the next...we will soon be able to do that too.

I can hardly wait for the next move. He has come aboard, put together a great staff, eliminated our biggest boogieman...losing in December, changed EVERYTHING and the worst thing I can think of is Matt Roth might not be a pro bowler. This sure is more fun than the "dark ages"...

Daniels starts, then we need another corner. I would love that to be Will Allen. Very quick, can tackle, has made INT's, and young! Let Nick Saban get him in, and watch this kid become a huge player for us. The only thing im worried about is if he will take #25 because if he does its not a good start to his Miami career. :D

Im all for the signing...

Back
Top Bottom