Merged: PFT/ Will Allen Heading To Miami? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: PFT/ Will Allen Heading To Miami?

Jason Taylor 99 said:
Daniels starts, then we need another corner. I would love that to be Will Allen. Very quick, can tackle, has made INT's, and young! Let Nick Saban get him in, and watch this kid become a huge player for us. The only thing im worried about is if he will take #25 because if he does its not a good start to his Miami career. :D

Im all for the signing...

Can you explain to an ignorant Brit, why you don't want him to take #25?

CubanCulebra said:
Why is it that all intial responses by Phin fans are almost always negative? Did Wannsturd and Spewman traumatize us that badly? Will Allen is 27 years old, a former 1st round selection, and the 3rd best CB available in this year's FA. Add in the fact that Saban's specialty is in DBs and how you can not like this pick-up befuddles me.

It's just the nature. I don't get it myself. 27 yrs old former 1st rounder, with 4.3 speed and can tackle? What's not to like ?

When was the last time the Giant's Secondary core ever scared the opposing team? I'd tend to think that the reason why Will Allen had problems was because of poor coaching...and we now have plenty of good coaching so he should be a good fit

frirwrip said:
Can you explain to an ignorant Brit, why you don't want him to take #25?

Because that was Reggie Howard's number last year, and he was beyond brutal.

CRAZYDOLFAN305 said:
It's just the nature. I don't get it myself. 27 yrs old former 1st rounder, with 4.3 speed and can tackle? What's not to like ?

I wouldnt turn up my nose at adding depth to our CB position. For me it comes down to price being asked when you get into the #3 FA CB on the market.

if saban can turn around allen and i think he can, then you have a nice young cb tandem in allen and daniels. it gives us the flexibility of going alot different ways in the draft.

Dolfan1000 said:
I do agree with you, but Tebucky Jones was not our fastest DB and Shirdonya Mitchell (if his cover skills are decent) is VERY fast as well.
Tebucky Jones was our fastest DB. If he wasn't, i'm not sure who was. Daniels,Madison,Bell,Tillman,Thomas,Schulters,Howard and Jackson I am certain are slower than Jones. This secondary was lacking in speed last season. Something Allen can provide.

CRAZYDOLFAN305 said:
4.3 speed. Saweet. If he wants big money I say pay the guy. I don't mean brake the bank, but Saban hasn't overspent on anyone so far and if there is one position we have that requires overspending it is certainly CB. Everyone keeps hollerin for Arrington and Peterson. As much as I love the talent those two are, we have 2 stars at LB but none in the secondary.

Meanwhile, this was reported at 8 AM this morning, and still nothing...

told ya, Nick is going after no names. He will turn their careers around.

CubanCulebra said:
4.3 speed. Saweet. If he wants big money I say pay the guy. I don't mean brake the bank, but Saban hasn't overspent on anyone so far and if there is one position we have that requires overspending it is certainly CB. Everyone keeps hollerin for Arrington and Peterson. As much as I love the talent those two are, we have 2 stars at LB but none in the secondary.

Funny, I get the sense that Saban doesnt want to overspend on CB (since thats his specialty) the way Houck doesnt want to overspend on OL. I think he will look for workable gems in mid to late rounds for both positions every draft.

Dolphins_SR66 said:
Funny, I get the sense that Saban doesnt want to overspend on CB (since thats his specialty) the way Houck doesnt want to overspend on OL. I think he will look for workable gems in mid to late rounds for both positions every draft.

Also I get the sense the one position he is willing to take risks and gambles on is the secondary, maybe because he is most confident in making projects work in that area - not that he lacks confidence in any area - because of his background as a secondary coach.

Back
Top Bottom