Merged: Play Hardball Mr. Spielman!!!! (Brunnell) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Play Hardball Mr. Spielman!!!! (Brunnell)

nick1

I am Groot
Club Member
Reaction score
Brunell

The Jaguars want a first day pick from Miami and Miami is going to do it.

I don't like it, he is not worth a first day pick, maybe a 4th rounder but not a first day pick.

Play Hardball Mr. Spielman!!!! (Brunnell)

Offer a 4th round pick this year OR next year's 3rd round pick..........

Why is it that I get the impression that Jack Del Rio is full of $hit? The guy ain't much of a poker player........If I were Spielman, I would say to Del Rio: "Man, if I were you I would take that 2nd round pick that the Skins offered." and then I would tell them that if they want compensation, we can offer the above............

When the Jacksonville Jagoffs talk about "multiple" offers and that the talks will circle around a first day pick......I smell Bull$hit.......

PLAY HARDBALL RICK!!!!!!!!!!!

Btw, I didn't mind that Rick got raped in the Ricky Deal....because I felt that Ricky Williams was worth what we gave up........But not this time!!!!

A agree but dont think he got raped on the Williams deal. The team got F*ed because our QB play was horrible (and still is) and the D lets us down when needed most (still does some). Who would ever think we would have added almost 1900 yards of rushing and missed the playoffs all together? Only with the Wanny/Fiedler contingency. We are stuck with wanny but lets hope to god the same is not true for Jay. Tha fact that he is telling the media he is a starter if not here somewhere else is laughable. I think the rest of his head must have swelled to match his ears.:eek:

I like Brunell and think he could really help us..but with that being said...NO WAY do we give up a 1...not this years or next years...if Wash is ready to give up a 2 this year...then it is time to move on....this guy was ready to get outright released only a couple of days ago....no way a first day pick!

I would encourage Wash to give a 2nd for him, hopefully it goes through. Then we could take Ramsey quickly before Gibbs has a break in his alzheimers.

first day pick? I thought they only did rounds 1-2 on the first day? If so, I hope we aren't giving up a first for him knowing we don't have a second. Can someone clear this up for me? Is the 3rd round on the first day or please tell me we aren't giving our #20 for Brunell.

Originally posted by NYPhinFan
I like Brunell and think he could really help us..but with that being said...NO WAY do we give up a 1...not this years or next years...if Wash is ready to give up a 2 this year...then it is time to move on....this guy was ready to get outright released only a couple of days ago....no way a first day pick!

AGREED!! However I think this is all positioning. No way anyone, let alone a team with a young QB, will trade a 2nd rounder for a guy who is 33 and injured last year. Well noone but Barfalo:roflmao:
Sarcasm?:up:

Re: Play Hardball Mr. Spielman!!!! (Brunnell)

Originally posted by Section126

Btw, I didn't mind that Rick got raped in the Ricky Deal....because I felt that Ricky Williams was worth what we gave up........But not this time!!!!

Raped? Show me two first round picks in the last 4-5 years that have biin worth Ricky. Heck, show me ANY first round picks from Wanny that are even worthwhile. Given his drafting record, if we had kept those two picks they would have been washouts. Raped? Ricky was cheap at twice the price given the alternative.

Originally posted by bigmiamifan
first day pick? I thought they only did rounds 1-2 on the first day? If so, I hope we aren't giving up a first for him knowing we don't have a second. Can someone clear this up for me? Is the 3rd round on the first day or please tell me we aren't giving our #20 for Brunell.
Rounds 1-3 are all done on the first day.

If Spielman trades a first rounder for Brunell, he should be railroaded right the hell out of town..

If this was 1997, a 1st Rounder for Brunell would be reasonable and even a steal..

In 2003, a 1st Rounder for Brunell is both assassanine and obsurd in notion. Let the Redskins waste a second rounder on him, especially when they have a pretty damn good QB as it is.. Pray to God Himself Miami doesn't even entertain the notion..

If the Fins want to spend a first rounder on a Washington QB, grab Ramsey. At least he's got a immediate future.

I wouldn't use a first rounder on either of them 2.

Ozzy rules!!

they can have a ham sandwich for brunell:lol:

Originally posted by Brad528
They can have Griese for Brunell.

As much as I like Griese, I think its not a bad trade. We can even throw in JF as an added bonus. :D

Originally posted by Danny
I wouldn't use a first rounder on either of them 2.

I wouldnt either, I rather pick Rivers if he is still available.

Originally posted by NYPhinFan
Rounds 1-3 are all done on the first day.

Thanks, I wasn't sure what rounds were on day #1. So a 3rd rounder for Brunell or is it a 1st rounder they want? A 3rd doesn't sound to bad.

Back
Top Bottom