merged:R.W. McQuarters Released | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

merged:R.W. McQuarters Released

I thought he was expecting a bigger pay day than a depth player is likely to recieve from us? If he's affordable, than I would agree with you.

He can play safety as well. I would seriously consider him, since our Safety situation is up in the air.

R.W. Mcquarters would be a good signing hes not that old and has always been fairly productive.

I think Seattle is expected to release Bobby Taylor before June 1st. For a 1-2 year deal I'd be happy with either of the 2, provided they are realistic with respect to their value at this point in their careers. With these guys on the market Ty Law may lower his asking price also.

damn! you beat me to it! :yell::lol: I had just found it on KFFL... here it is...

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/

Bears | McQuarters Released - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 23 May 2005 13:48:28 -0700

Larry Mayer, of ChicagoBears.com, reports the Chicago Bears have released CB R.W. McQuarters. "After exploring trade opportunities with R.W., we felt it was in everyone's best interest to release him at this time," said general manager Jerry Angelo. "We respect and appreciate his accomplishments as a Bear and wish him well."

Wow! I'm surprised he was released this early. The guy is 28. I was really hoping he would get released... I would honestly be more interested than him and Law (not happening) and Bobby Taylor (probably shouldn't be happening). I hope we bring him in here and possibly use some of the money we'll have from releasing David Bowens (which I hope we release him because I would rather have that money more than keeping him). I think R.W. McQuarters (hell the guy doesn't even need a first name just initials) would be a good pickup for us and I think he would definitely win the starting job opposite of Sam Madison and give us DEPTH especially considering we lost Poole for the season most likely. The only concern I have is the $$$. I don't think we should or even could be overpaying for this guy, and I have a feeling there will be some teams that will to be quite honest. I say bring him in here for an interview and take him into consideration (much like we did with Traylor). Maybe it is just me... but I think he would be better than what we have right now (except for Madison). He would be compete with Howard and Edwards for the starting job and he's 28 years old.

Last night on Channel 7 News in Miami(Sports Extra), Drew Rosenhaus said that R.W. will be released and when he does, he "expects" him to end up in Miami. Take it for what it's worth.......

finswin56 said:
I thought he was expecting a bigger pay day than a depth player is likely to recieve from us? If he's affordable, than I would agree with you.

This guy has incredible speed. He can close gaps between recievers quickly. he is also a very good special teams player. If we get him he will no doubt challenge Wes Welker.

He's also represented by Drew Rosenhous? Man, Drew has some serious bank! Either way, hopefully we can get this guy in, we need a SS.

miami_mi said:
He's also represented by Drew Rosenhous? Man, Drew has some serious bank! Either way, hopefully we can get this guy in, we need a SS.
Nah we need an FS over an SS...lets hope we can play him there because Howard is easily good enough at corner.

I'll be very happy if we sign him.

R.w. McQuarters

anyone think that he is a good sign considering the lack of skill we have at safety i think him and tebucky is a good safety duo and then we adress the need next yr in the draft or thru free agency

we can use RW big time esp on punt returns he would be great! we need a good CB to go with madison

Back
Top Bottom