Merged: Reggie Bush | Page 35 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Reggie Bush

dominizzo said:
Poor Domanick Davis I wonder where he will end up

He's going nowhere. If you think Reggie Bush is an every down back your crazy.

SpeedRush99 said:
He's going nowhere. If you think Reggie Bush is an every down back your crazy.

He is an every down back. Why isn't he? That's just something people pick on him about & it's bull****. It's the same BS people argued about Ronnie & Ronnie is fine. Ronnie had fewer touches than Reggie did their final years, & also in their next to final year. Reggie averaged 15 carries, 3 receptions, & 3 returns a game. That argument is a bad one.

SMadison29 said:
He is an every down back. Why isn't he? That's just something people pick on him about & it's bull****. It's the same BS people argued about Ronnie & Ronnie is fine. Ronnie had fewer touches than Reggie did their final years, & also in their next to final year. Reggie averaged 15 carries, 3 receptions, & 3 returns a game. That argument is a bad one.
Not to mention they intentionally kept the workload on Reggie lighter than it would normally be for a back because they had the luxury of having LenDale White in the same backfield. Because they have 2 RB's who will go in rd 1 they have a luxury few teams in college football ever have. Its not that Reggie can handle the ball 20-25x a game when he has to, the whole point is he didnt have to so why risk him getting hurt?

SMadison29 said:

Very bad comparison. I talking purely about build. We'll see how well he does.

Boik14 said:
Not to mention they intentionally kept the workload on Reggie lighter than it would normally be for a back because they had the luxury of having LenDale White in the same backfield. Because they have 2 RB's who will go in rd 1 they have a luxury few teams in college football ever have. Its not that Reggie can handle the ball 20-25x a game when he has to, the whole point is he didnt have to so why risk him getting hurt?

Which goes to show he has yet to prove he could be an every down back.

SpeedRush99 said:
Which goes to show he has yet to prove he could be an every down back.
- Ronnie had that last year where people doubted his ability to carry the rock 20+ times a game. Sometimes there are good and bad points to the circumstances a player is in. In Reggie's case there's less tread on his tires (important b/c of the RB burnout factor), and scouts were still able to see enough of him to know that he is a legit 1st rd pick.
- Bush has had games where he carried 20-25x. they just were few and far between.

the only downpoints to Reggie Bush are that he still dances too much in the backfield on occassion and that all the sweeps and tosses behind USC's talented OL wont work as well behind a crumby Texans OL. Not to mention on the NFL level Reggie isnt going to be able to simply outrace opponents to the edge. At the same time he's an immensely talented player who is simply too good to pass on. He's a home run threat every time he has the ball and those types of players are so few and far between.

Boik14 said:
- Ronnie had that last year where people doubted his ability to carry the rock 20+ times a game. Sometimes there are good and bad points to the circumstances a player is in. In Reggie's case there's less tread on his tires (important b/c of the RB burnout factor), and scouts were still able to see enough of him to know that he is a legit 1st rd pick.
- Bush has had games where he carried 20-25x. they just were few and far between.

the only downpoints to Reggie Bush are that he still dances too much in the backfield on occassion and that all the sweeps and tosses behind USC's talented OL wont work as well behind a crumby Texans OL. Not to mention on the NFL level Reggie isnt going to be able to simply outrace opponents to the edge. At the same time he's an immensely talented player who is simply too good to pass on. He's a home run threat every time he has the ball and those types of players are so few and far between.

I agree 100%, I'm not downing Bush's ability whatsoever. And the Ronnie comparisons mean nothing to me personally. Your talking skill, I'm talking size, durability, and endurance.

SpeedRush99 said:
I agree 100%, I'm not downing Bush's ability whatsoever. And the Ronnie comparisons mean nothing to me personally. Your talking skill, I'm talking size, durability, and endurance.
Size hes a little taller than the average NFL back (typically 5'8" to 5'11") and about the average weight (between 205-215). Endurance wise he's on the field plenty, he just doesnt get the carry all the time. Endurance wise he sees plenty of 4th quarter action anyway. Sharing carries with Davis will allow him time to adjust to the NFL game and build those traits up further.

Boik14 said:
Size hes a little taller than the average NFL back (typically 5'8" to 5'11") and about the average weight (between 205-215). Endurance wise he's on the field plenty, he just doesnt get the carry all the time. Endurance wise he sees plenty of 4th quarter action anyway. Sharing carries with Davis will allow him time to adjust to the NFL game and build those traits up further.

Yeah I can see him being a 3rd down/change of pace back but running between the tackles 15+ times a game for a 16 game season? I'm interested to see how well he handles that.

sports24/7 said:
If indeed they want Bush at #1 why wouldn't they guarantee him. If they tell him no and he stays in school they are SOL.

i think its a ploy to get more picks. They tell everyone that they are going to pick him and start to get other teams worried and someone stupid enough too give up alot of picks will jump. No player is worth giving up a couple of drafts picks are worth it.

Reggie Bush will be a fantastic player. But, If I were one of the candidates for the HC job in Houston I'd be kinda p!ssed! I wouldn't want the choice made for me before I even get the job.

SpeedRush99 said:
Yeah I can see him being a 3rd down/change of pace back but running between the tackles 15+ times a game for a 16 game season? I'm interested to see how well he handles that.

Did ytou just call Reggie Bush a 3rd down/change of pace back? That's just silly.

I do think its kind of ridiculous for anyone to be saying that they know for sure what the Texans are going to do when they don't have a coach yet. Id say the chances are good that Bush will be the #1 overall pick but its not money in the bank.

I think Pete Carroll is full of crap. There is no way anyone would promise a coach his player would go first overall. This is just Pete trying to boost his own stock as an insider. A team with no coach, and all the options that the first overall pick entails would be a fool to promise anyone anything. Pete is a tool.

Back
Top Bottom