Merged:Ricky Williams IS Coming Back!!!!/I would expect Ricky back | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Ricky Williams IS Coming Back!!!!/I would expect Ricky back

Ricky's coming back?

Ok, someone want to help me put this nail in my other hand?

IceStorm said:
Ricky's coming back?

Ok, someone want to help me put this nail in my other hand?

Absolutely, let me grab a hammer and I'll be right back. :lol:

I think he will come back because he owes the Dolphins 8.6 million dollars and there is no way humanly possible for him to make that kind of money without playing football. I have very mixed feelings about him playing for the Dolphins or trading him for vitually nothing.

Scenario 1, we bring back Ricky Williams and he plays for the Dolphins and puts in a half hearted effort, is an average back and retires after he pays back the Dolphins. We get screwed.

Scenario 2, We trade Ricky Williams for virtually nothing, he gets his head screwed on right and ends up being better than anybody we have at RB for the next 4 or 5 season. We look like fools for trading him for nothing.

Either way, from the business end of this, we could get burnt.

Emotionally I say F**K Ricky Williams, but IMHO the business side should out weigh the emotion.

I must admit, I don't believe this. I've been around here long enough to see so many of these "unidentified source" rumors simply turn out to be bs. I believe there are too many hurdles for this to work itself out. The truth is, anyone could have made this up and many of us would have taken the bait because it's something that is very sensitive to all of us dolfans. On the other hand, if we don't draft a RB with our #2 I think I'll believe it a little more :D

I would love for Ricky to come back as much as the next guy. But do not forge he has been out of the NFL for a year and not working out. He is 30 lbs lighter and is definitly not that strong do you really think he can be as good as he was before he left.

True but dont forget, he cant come back officially to the roster before July and if he comes back then he wont play in a regular season game until Oct. because of the 4 game suspension. Therefore in reality he has 6 months to work out and get back in shape. That is very possible.

Bad Lieutenant said:
I have it on good authority that Ricky Williams is definitely coming back. There was a conference call yesterday between Williams, his agent, and the Dolphins. The only sticking point right now is that Ricky wants a new contract before he comes back. Now I don't know if it means he will play for the Dolphins, or if it is a sign and trade, but it seems at this point he is definitely coming back, and he is in negotiations with the Fins to get it done before the draft.

Take it for what it's worth, and I know I'll get flamed for posting this, but my friend has no reason to lie.

How do you know?:shakeno:

Ricky=Dbag said:
i dont gert it

Meaning that if Ricky is coming back, I might as well crucify myself. Thus I can only hammer one nail in, and need help with the other nail.

:shakeno:

Bad Lieutenant said:
I have it on good authority that Ricky Williams is definitely coming back. There was a conference call yesterday between Williams, his agent, and the Dolphins. The only sticking point right now is that Ricky wants a new contract before he comes back. Now I don't know if it means he will play for the Dolphins, or if it is a sign and trade, but it seems at this point he is definitely coming back, and he is in negotiations with the Fins to get it done before the draft.

Take it for what it's worth, and I know I'll get flamed for posting this, but my friend has no reason to lie.

Man, don't make false headings like this if you don't have a link. Put "RUMOR" in front of the thread title, because this stuff is getting annoying...

I would except ricky back

yes i would except ricky back because he knows what he did was wrong:tongue:

Back
Top Bottom