Merged: Ronnie Brown at #2/ League meetings opinion on 2nd pick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Ronnie Brown at #2/ League meetings opinion on 2nd pick

Phinman84

Colorado Fin Fan
Reaction score
Ronnie Brown At # 2

Dolphins | Brown the Consensus No. 2 Choice at League Meetings - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 24 Mar 2005 12:41:57 -0800

Tony Grossi, of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, reports barring any trades, the prevailing opinion at league meetings was that the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/22/nfl">Miami Dolphins would take Auburn's RB Ronnie Brown with the second overall selection in next month's NFL draft.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Its hard to know if we are picking RB, QB, or WR and if we do pick RB there are 3 with almost the exact same abilities so I find it real hard to make such a daring prediction.

i just posted about this on another board, and here was my exact response to that statement:

of course thats the case. they figured that since Williams retired, somebody is gonna have to tote the ball 30 times a game

yet what they are forgetting is the fact that Miami is no longer using Wanny-ball. Linehan's offense is the polar opposite, using the pass to set up the run. Scott does very well using a multitude of RBs, and with 3 big targets in Chambers, Booker, and McMichael, Scott won't have to just rely on 1 person like Randy Moss

Joey 22 said:
Its hard to know if we are picking RB, QB, or WR and if we do pick RB there are 3 with almost the exact same abilities so I find it real hard to make such a daring prediction.

exact same abilities?? They are completely different backs with completely different skills, all have great potential, but not the abilities/skills.

What the heck do these so called "league officials" know??? Cigar, our resident psychic has already declared that the Dolphins WILL pick Braylon Edwards.

Case closed, nothing more to discuss!!

Phinman84 said:
Dolphins | Brown the Consensus No. 2 Choice at League Meetings - from www.KFFL.com

Tony Grossi, of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, reports barring any trades, the prevailing opinion at league meetings was that the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/22/nfl">Miami Dolphins would take Auburn's RB Ronnie Brown with the second overall selection in next month's NFL draft.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

I don't know about anyone else, but I am quite tired of conjecture.

We can all talk about what we want to happen and why. But, there is no way Saban is going to leak the cat out of the bag, nor is he going to give any hints as to which way he is leaning until the last minute at crunch time.

Dudeman said:
i just posted about this on another board, and here was my exact response to that statement:

of course thats the case. they figured that since Williams retired, somebody is gonna have to tote the ball 30 times a game

yet what they are forgetting is the fact that Miami is no longer using Wanny-ball. Linehan's offense is the polar opposite, using the pass to set up the run. Scott does very well using a multitude of RBs, and with 3 big targets in Chambers, Booker, and McMichael, Scott won't have to just rely on 1 person like Randy Moss

I think Linehan having a bunch of backs in Minn is misunderstood. His RBs kept getting injured or suspended for drugs. The fact that they kept drafting RBs though tells me they were looking for someone to rely on. When Bennett was healthy and made the pro bowl there was no committee approach. And last year I thought the Vikings offense looked the best when Mewelde Moore was running wild. We need a stud RB.

League meetings opinion on 2nd pick

Tony Grossi, of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, reports barring any trades, the prevailing opinion at league meetings was that the Miami Dolphins would take Auburn's RB Ronnie Brown with the second overall selection in next month's NFL draft.

Who's opinion? Did he take a poll?

BTW, you've got to love a source that has this written on the main page:

Are you interested in crafting your trade? KFFL has always been a home to volunteer writers since its inception and have helped them craft their trade as they moved upward and onward. If you have a passion for football or baseball, are interested in volunteering and writing for KFFL, please

Doesn't that just instill trust?

fishypete said:

Tony Grossi, of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, reports barring any trades, the prevailing opinion at league meetings was that the Miami Dolphins would take Auburn's RB Ronnie Brown with the second overall selection in next month's NFL draft.

I'm starting to think that everybody with no clue on who we're gonna grab would say Brown

Celtkin said:
Who's opinion? Did he take a poll?

BTW, you've got to love a source that has this written on the main page:

Doesn't that just instill trust?

Yes...actually it does....they need volunteers to write down copy from the wires. I guess you thought they made the stuff up?

BrazForPhins said:
I'm starting to think that everybody with no clue on who we're gonna grab would say Brown

Maybe....then again...they do speak at those meetings.

burger13 said:
What the heck do these so called "league officials" know??? Cigar, our resident psychic has already declared that the Dolphins WILL pick Braylon Edwards.

Case closed, nothing more to discuss!!

:roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom