MERGED: Rumor/Report - Dolphins looking to trade Smiley | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Rumor/Report - Dolphins looking to trade Smiley

adamfid1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The latest scoop...

I just met Yeremiah Bell and Justin Smiley at Atlanta airport flying to FLL. While they were both nice to talk to Yeremiah was more reserved when I asked him who he would play opposite of this season. Either way he's stil la stand up guy. Justin who was also very nice told me that he had received a phone call from Bill the night before and that he was apparently to be traded to Seattle within the next few days.

I tried calling the nice people at the Herald but they turned me away so im letting you all in on this. He seemed pretty shook up and definately seemed like he wanted to stay in south florida but it seems Parcells is trying to go younger and Smiley is not in their plans. Let me just say that although I understand the decision I still hate to see Smiley go, he's a nice guy and has certainly helped improve our O-line over the past few years, I mean he was Sparano's first real acquisition. But despite injuries and the development of Nardner it seems we can afford to let him go. Hopefully its a nice tasty pick but dont be suprised if it isn't, we are a team focused on improving predominately through the draft and thats the way its done. Hope you all enjoy this and keep in mind that nothings certain till its certain, i'm just telling you what he told me.

Dolphins looking to trade smiley

The Dolphins have told left guard Justin Smiley not to join the team for the off-season conditioning program because it plans to trade him, according to a source close to the team.

Smiley, a six-year veteran, has been the team’s best guard when healthy, but he’s missed five games - and eight starts - the past two seasons because of leg and shoulder injuries.
http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thed...olphins-looking-to-trade-guard-justin-smiley/

LOL that guy was right.

source and not complete sure on trading him, well if get something good but high doubt we get anything good for him maybe a low draft pick.

Last edited by a moderator:
FFS.

Why is this regime so flippant when it comes to O-line depth.

Last year we gambled and lost in the Satele deal, this year we are playing russian roulette again.

Pardon me while I go scratch my head some more.

The guy who posted the rumor yesterday needs full credit this news .

they are talking with the seahawks, I wonder who or what they are getting in return

I wonder what the trade value is for an injury prone lineman with a hefty contract?

Back
Top Bottom