MERGED: Rumor/Report - Dolphins looking to trade Smiley | Page 31 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Rumor/Report - Dolphins looking to trade Smiley

I need to say this,

I realize that there are some folks who are down on this looming trade of Justin Smiley. That's fine too feel that way, but let's not make Justin Smiley more than what he is. He's a good player, a good guy, and is willing to mentor younger guys. Some of you talk as if Miami is trading away someone who is bound for Canton. RELAX!

Thank Smiley for what he's done, but realize that this guy is not dependable because of constant injuries. The Dolphins need guys who they know that will lineup every single Sunday. This is something Smiley couldn't do. It's unfortunate, but this move is in Miami's best interests.

Agreed that some may think higher of him as a player than you and me. And that is ok as everyone has their own analysis and opinions. Smiley is fine but we want better at the position as a starter. We are talented and tdeep at OL and those who show history of injuries will be the first to go to get good value picks or players in exchange for them. When he has played healthy as a Fin I saw a sometimes good to average G that is the type of player who won't be a mainstay injuries or no injuries. His better days was pre-Miami. Not trying to knock him as a player just honest opinion.

Just about a week since the news broke of the Dolphins shopping him and absolutely NO news on the progress of trade talks. Not looking good. :(

Just about a week since the news broke of the Dolphins shopping him and absolutely NO news on the progress of trade talks. Not looking good. :(

The only thing I think of to try and keep my hope alive is wondering if Miami has some sort of draft-day agreement where they use Smiley and other picks/players to move up in Round 1 to snag player "X" if he falls to a certain pick.

Otherwise, I agree Nub, this doesn't look good. Maybe it's the lack of offseason movement on our part, but the fact it's been over a week and nothing's happened is just about depressing:(

I don't think he gets cut, sometimes trades take awhile. Who knows maybe he brings a pick for next year, but I do not see him being released.

The Dolphins' first free-agent purchase after Bill Parcells took over as president was guard Justin Smiley, who got a five-year, $25 million deal. But after two seasons, he's on the trade block. He was told not to report to offseason workouts by the Fish, which would indicate the Dolphins are confident they will make a deal for him. Miami signed ex-Bill Richie Incognito this month.

http://www.buffalonews.com/2010/03/28/1001437/inside-the-nfl-bills-no-2-pick.html

Patience

Detroit wants out of the 2nd spot and is also said to be looking for a RB. Ship Smiley, Ronnie Brown and our 1st for the #2. Ronnie can be replaced and Smiley already has. Nose tackle problem solved and solved well.

Yeah. We might be able to get somebody on draft day if they start thinking they don't need picks. Maybe could get a 4th.

Detroit wants out of the 2nd spot and is also said to be looking for a RB. Ship Smiley, Ronnie Brown and our 1st for the #2. Ronnie can be replaced and Smiley already has. Nose tackle problem solved and solved well.

what nose tackle are we drafting at 2 lol

Back
Top Bottom