MERGED: Rumor/Report - Dolphins looking to trade Smiley | Page 34 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Rumor/Report - Dolphins looking to trade Smiley

If it ends up playing out like that, it's actually a smart move by Seattle... upgrading at the guard position for free.

It would also be a three way trade, apparently Seattle traded a 7th to Detroit for Robert Johnson, i believe. Detroit traded their 5th for Sim and Seattle would trade Detorits 5th for Miami. Everyone is happy at the end of the day. Things is Miami wants a third for Smiley.

It would also be a three way trade, apparently Seattle traded a 7th to Detroit for Robert Johnson, i believe. Detroit traded their 5th for Sim and Seattle would trade Detorits 5th for Miami. Everyone is happy at the end of the day. Things is Miami wants a third for Smiley.

Wanting and getting are 2 different stories..

Some how we got what we got for JT..

I think we can maybe pull it off..

Meet halfway..maybe a 4th that would be nice

Wouldn't you rather keep Smiley than trade him for a 5th? As insurance/depth.

Wouldn't you rather keep Smiley than trade him for a 5th? As insurance/depth.

The Fins have Donald Thomas, Nate Garner & Richie Incognito that can all play Guard. You have Joe Berger who can play C/G and the Fins. The Fins also signed Canadian import Dimitri Tsoumpas.

I like Smiley, but I rather the Fins get something for him than see him on the bench with his huge contract.

I would not be shocked to see the follwing trades: Ronnie for a 2nd rounder, Thigpen for a 3rd or 4th rounder and Smiley for a 5th rounder

I would guess now that Seattle just picked up Rob Sims from the Lions that trading for guard just went down the list of things to do for Seattle and up the list for the Lions.

Obviously Miami wanted a 3rd and Seattle offered a 5th for Smiley, unless this round robin theory plays out with Justin going to the Lions.

All I can say is something better come out of it because just cutting him is ridiculous.

I would guess now that Seattle just picked up Rob Sims from the Lions that trading for guard just went down the list of things to do.

Obviously Miami wanted a 3rd and Seattle offered a 5th for Smiley

All I can say is something better come out of it because just cutting him is ridiculous.

Simms was traded to the Lions..

Seattle still needs a guard

I would guess now that Seattle just picked up Rob Sims from the Lions that trading for guard just went down the list of things to do.

Obviously Miami wanted a 3rd and Seattle offered a 5th for Smiley

Can't see Miami just cutting Smiley. He's too valuable and besides, the FO would take any offer before cutting him.

Simms was traded to the Lions..

Seattle still needs a guard

Ahhhh reading is fundamental. My bad it was a long long weekend and I killed a lot of white matter with booze.

So as it looks then the original rumor of Justin to Seattle might play out as suggested and if Miami gets Detroits pick (traded to seattle) it would almost be a late fourth since they pick so early in round 5.

That might work out.

Geoff Hobson of Bengals.com reports Bengals guard Jason Shirley is feared lost for the season after undergoing surgery Monday to repair a torn Achilles. The 6-5, 338-pound Shirley apparently was injured playing in a charity basketball game with a team of Bengals over the weekend.

http://tinyurl.com/yfzttbg

I hope the Bengals come calling for Smiley. A little bidding war would be awesome.

Back
Top Bottom