MERGED: Rumor/Report - Dolphins looking to trade Smiley | Page 35 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Rumor/Report - Dolphins looking to trade Smiley

I would not be shocked to see the follwing trades: Ronnie for a 2nd rounder, Thigpen for a 3rd or 4th rounder and Smiley for a 5th rounder

Ronnie can be had for a first and no less, trading him for a second rounder would be a huge loss. Thigpen doesn't warrant any kind of value like that. Too many guys are staying put without the new CBA deal and it is crucial for teams to upgrade through the draft. Smiley is hard to say though. I certainly wouldn't give up a 3rd rounder if I was another team. I would maybe try to bundle him in a deal with other players/draft picks to either move down or move up in the draft.

Adam_Schefter
Seahawks have waived running back Xavier Omon and terminated the contract of tight end John Owens.

Hmmm perhaps making room for Justin Smiley

Ronnie can be had for a first and no less, trading him for a second rounder would be a huge loss. Thigpen doesn't warrant any kind of value like that. Too many guys are staying put without the new CBA deal and it is crucial for teams to upgrade through the draft. Smiley is hard to say though. I certainly wouldn't give up a 3rd rounder if I was another team. I would maybe try to bundle him in a deal with other players/draft picks to either move down or move up in the draft.

What? You work for the front office? How do you know? A second for Ronnie would be a fantastic value. You can seldom turn over an aging RB whos had his season ended on IR more times than he's broken 1K yards for a 2nd. Considering we drafted him in the first, if we can turn him over for a 2nd and say a 5th....Wow. That's actually fantastic. Backs that can't exceed 1K yards aren't reall that hard to find.

What? You work for the front office? How do you know? A second for Ronnie would be a fantastic value. You can seldom turn over an aging RB whos had his season ended on IR more times than he's broken 1K yards for a 2nd. Considering we drafted him in the first, if we can turn him over for a 2nd and say a 5th....Wow. That's actually fantastic. Backs that can't exceed 1K yards aren't reall that hard to find.

He's referring to the first-round tender that the Dolphins placed on Ronnie Brown this offseason. That means that teams can offer him a contract, but they'll need to give up a first-round pick to Miami in order to acquire Ronnie.

He's referring to the first-round tender that the Dolphins placed on Ronnie Brown this offseason. That means that teams can offer him a contract, but they'll need to give up a first-round pick to Miami in order to acquire Ronnie.

That's fine. It shows you the value all those people that praise Ronnie in the NFL like Bill B actually think of him.

He can be had for whatever price the Dolphins ask for him in trade.

I honestly think this trade is going to be for a 5th round from the hawks (lions pick) and a conditional 2011 pick.

name one player u could draft in the 2nd that u would rather have on the team than ronnie?

I trust the FO, but I can't see the benefit of telling the league you're going to trade Smiley. Does it not take away leverage from us.

I don't see the value of trading away a starting guard (even injury prone) for a fifth round draft choice. To me that just doesn't make sense.

It seems there are some players who are shown the door too quickly (ie Matt Roth). I can't imagine Smiley pissed them off the same way that Roth did.

I'm hoping this is all a smoke screen. The answer to our left guard injury-prone problem is not to throw away the player. We should bring him back and let him compete. If he gets hurt again then he becomes a high quality back up.

Maybe Smiley's injury is career threatening. If that's the case then it makes total sense what they are doing. Otherwise I can't see the benefit.

Back
Top Bottom