[MERGED] Senator wants to meet with Commish about Destroyed Tapes | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] Senator wants to meet with Commish about Destroyed Tapes

I doubt that Beli is/was the only one to employ such practices in the NFL. He got caught though. If it's true, then Mangini is as much a part of it all as any other, and it could go even further back to Parcels. Wouldn't that be great? 2 coaches and one whatever the hell Parcels is running 3/4 if the division. They could change the name from AFC East to Spy Gate Central.

And I'd take an 18-1 "failure" season over a 1-15 FAILURE season.:woot:

Back pedaling are we?

All we heard from Pats fans is that they'd get their 4th Superbowl win this year. That they'll go down as the greatest team in history.

Well none of that happened because your team choked and so you back pedal, trying to find a bright spot between the fact that your team lost the Biggest game and the fact that your dynasty is a sham, and your coach is a fraud.

Please!....Johnson says "everybody, I mean everybody went to the edge on rules". Elsewhere he states "I'm not trying to say everybody is cheaters (sic)" and then he says "How far can you go without breaking the rules"
Belichick did break the rules. Belichick went over the edge. That is why your quotes from JJ are being ignored.
All that aside, I agree that if this continues an awful lot of other teams will have the covers pulled off of them. However, right now Belichick is the only one who we know for certain has been cheating.

Please... How can you ignore this part because its the meat of his statement?

"When I came into the NFL, back in '89, I talked to a Kansas City scout and he said, 'Here's what we do, we videotape the opposing team's signals and then we synch it up with the game film.' So I did it."
Johnson admitted it was "borderline" but he ended up stopping because he didn't think the team got much out of it. He then spoke of other rules clubs pushed to the limit.
"When I went to the Dolphins and they talked about how you're supposed to have a 15-second cutoff [in communication] to your quarterback, but here is what we do [to circumvent that]," Johnson said. "They said they've always done this. So I said, 'OK, let's go ahead and do it.' Then the league said, 'Hey, we hear you're doing that, so don't do it anymore.'

Another HC open and freely admits this and also admits the league found out about him circumventing the 15 sec cutoff and he was told not to do it????? Its not as if someone accused him of this or that we heard a rumor in fact he flat out admitted it. How can you dismiss this?
In my mind its a confession or a guilty plea. I don't know about you but I don't remember this ever being reported to the public. How many other violations has the league covered up? After reading Johnsons statements and how the league handled it I'm certain had it not been for the leaked video we'd have never heard about spygate either. For sure Belichick is guilty but I'm sure he didn't invent this video taping stuff. Who showed Belichick how to do it? Who else has done it and for how long did the league know it was going on? Shouldn't we as fans ask those questions shouldn't we want the complete truth?
Specter made the statement that we as fans should expect honesty in the NFL and its that statement that should open the door for a complete investigation of the leagues policies along with its teams and coaches.
Johnson's admittal has shed light on the fact that the NFL hasn't run on honesty for quite some time and that spygate may only be just the icing on the cake.

"The commissioner sought to downplay the issue about the utility. But from information we've received, there was opportunity for the signals to be transmitted to the quarterback so they could utilize these signals which they had taped in violation of NFL rules," Specter said.

"There's no doubt it had an impact on the games. It is hard to tell what games were involved with the destruction of the notes and the tapes."

"They see the signals and they can then transmit that information to the quarterback through the headset," Specter said. "So when they know what the defense is, the offense knows how to run the play. And our information is that there is sufficient time, and that it has affected specific plays."

"They were calling our stuff out," (Hinds)Ward said at the time. "They knew -- especially that first championship game at Heinz Field -- they knew a lot of our calls."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_552506.html

Disgusting.

Back
Top Bottom