MERGED: Shouldn't we take a look at Cleo Lemon? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Shouldn't we take a look at Cleo Lemon?

adamprez2003 said:
No way you start Lemon against our hated rivals. If the coaching staff wants to see what he has give him the Colts game to play

We saw him play against backups in the preseason, why would we do that again.

we should absolutly give him a chance, if AJ got a shot CLEO DESERVES A SHOT!

I don't understand why we would start Lemon, We we're on a 4 game winning streak, Offense had been getting better, looked incredible against Detroit and now we lose one game getting outplayed on both sides of the ball and all of a sudden it's time to start Lemon?

Maybe if you want to get a higher draft pick we do this, thats about the only reason I could think of. It's certainly not going to help us going into next year at all.

Canadianfishfan said:
Thank you for a voice of much needed reason.. these threads always come out at this point... the coaching staff know... that going to your 3rd string guy,,, may spell mutiny... IMO... just MY opinion..

Cleo had a shot... they didnt even let him pass the ball... yikes... tells you what they think really.
they didnt let him pass because we was up late in the 4th vs the Lions

Saban wont pass if we're up 30 something to 14 with under 3 mins to go

on the other hand, if he doesn't play, the only reason i can think of is that the coaches really feel he won't be successful, and I hope that we can trust their judgement.

give cleo a chance. he didn't look any worse than CPEP or Joey in the exhibition season. Based on the coaching mistakes we've seen this year, I don't think the coaches are that good that I can't question their judgement.

Ronnie Brown 23 said:
By now we know what Harrington could do on this team. I would really like to see Culpepper back this season to play but I'm not sure that will happen. So isn't it time to bring in Lemon to see how he does? I mean now is the time to experiment. I wouldn't even mind seeing marcus vick back there. Anything to see what we got for the future.

Anyways let's hope next year we go to the playoffs

They see what he can do in practice every day. They know a lot more about him than any of us do.
Why don't we relegate Holliday, Carter and Traylor to second string and promote Roth, Evans and Vickerson to starters?

Alex44 said:
The Colts will be playing for home field and in addition they wont rest their starters anymore at the end of the season because of how poorly they play in the postseason when they have in the past

I say yesssssssssssssssssssssssss.:dolphins::dolphins::dolphins::dolphins::dolphins:

PatsSuck456 said:
Cleo is a third string QB for a reason.

Lets hope its not for the same reason why Bell was a backup for first half of season, we chose Culpepper over Brees, didn't play Allen until late in season, let Culpepper play injured and still hurt the first few games, and decided it would be more prudent to cut Berger than some guy we just signed barely a week ago and will probably be cut soon again.

adamprez2003 said:
No way you start Lemon against our hated rivals. If the coaching staff wants to see what he has give him the Colts game to play

Absolutely, but only if C-Pep isn't able to take the field.
The Phins need to see Culpepper and what he can do in game situations within this offense before gambling everything on him next season.

If he can't go then sure throw Lemon in for the last game.

Canadianfishfan said:
Thank you for a voice of much needed reason.. these threads always come out at this point... the coaching staff know... that going to your 3rd string guy,,, may spell mutiny... IMO... just MY opinion..

Cleo had a shot... they didnt even let him pass the ball... yikes... tells you what they think really.

Can you imagine if coaches and GM's actually ran teams the way some fans suggest? :lol:

It would be hysterical.

Take the Phins situation, we would have already gone through 4 QB's and someone would be bringing back Brock Berlin or Justin Holland to start. :shakeno:

Alex44 said:

Actually no one has even seen him play backups.

He's played against "on the bubble squads" in all his preseason experience which is why this mountain of hype that follows him is so comical.

Playing the Colts backup squad would be an immense step up in competition for him.

Back
Top Bottom