MERGED-Show Your Support for Brian Schottenheimer! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED-Show Your Support for Brian Schottenheimer!

Uh, why do we want Brian Schottenheimer, out of curiousity?

- he might stay

- he has an NFL pedigree

- offensive guru

- doesn't sound like a poorly written MBA textbook

- he might stay

- he has an NFL pedigree

- offensive guru

- doesn't sound like a poorly written MBA textbook

I wouldn't call him an offensive guru by any means.

Bright young coach, YES. And let's leave it at that

So, he would be smart enough to work around Culpeppers flaws and lord knows he has enough of them!

Chad is a very smart QB and Pep is not

Schotty's brain would be wasted with Pep

why is he being considered then? his looks?

You said GURU he isn't a GURU. He's a good young coach, but I wouldnt tag him with the GURU thing just yet. He hasn't won anything on this level to be called a GURU! :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

He was smart enough to work around Chad's flaws. So, he would be smart enough to work around Culpeppers flaws and lord knows he has enough of them!

Yeah, gifted athleticism, experience, a track record of success--major flaws there. Schottenheimer would need a miracle to get Culpepper to produce. :rolleyes:

red_rider said:
Chad is a very smart QB and Pep is not

Schotty's brain would be wasted with Pep

And how have you deduced that Culpepper is an idiot?

Cpep's flaw is his knee. He will never be the same player he was. Any new coach MUST work around that.

To think otherwise is being naive

The Jets couldn't pass for than 15 yards at a time and couldn't run the ball. Schotty did some fine work with that offense.

And, that was a paraphrase from a Jets poster over at GangGreen.

The Jets couldn't pass for than 15 yards at a time and couldn't run the ball. Schotty did some fine work with that offense.

And, that was a paraphrase from a Jets poster over at GangGreen.

He did a fine job this year with 2 rookie o-linemen, a QB with no arm, no WR's to speak of, and awful running backs.

The guy is a good young coach. Gotta give him that

He did a fine job this year with 2 rookie o-linemen, a QB with no arm, no WR's to speak of, and awful running backs.

The guy is a good young coach. Gotta give him that

We can offer him two running backs, 3 flawed QBs to pick from, one really good right tackle and no wr's to speak of plus an underachieving TE. He would feel right at home

Cpep's flaw is his knee. He will never be the same player he was. Any new coach MUST work around that.

To think otherwise is being naive

To think that his knee will be permanently injured is beyond naive: it is ignorant.

How hard is it to understand that the arthroscopic surgery Culpepper underwent has fixed the problem? The guy isn't even walking with a limp anymore. He feels no pain when pushing off. Thanks to the process of rehabilitation, his knee is stronger now than it was when he injured it.

We know from his behavior this season that Culpepper is dedicated to the Dolphins, and dedicated to winning. He wanted to come here. He argued with Saban about being pulled. He attended every session of training camp, outdoing Harrington and Lemon for the starter spot along the way. He attended every team meeting (save for one, when he had the arthroscopic surgery.) He attended every game, dressed or not.

Culpepper is not an obstacle to be worked around. He certainly is not a problem.

This is a quote from my post in another thread:

They (the Jets) have the 18th ranked scoring offense, 20th ranked rushing offense, 17th ranked passing offense, 16th ranked 1st down passing offense, 16th ranked yards per play.

This is all with Noodle-armed Pennington(who Mangini has admitted they are trying to get rid of, that tells you what his own organization thinks of him) at QB, an o-line made of weak vets and rookies, a RB by committee system with the likes of Washington and Barlow headlining(yuck), absolutely NO TE's to speak of, and average WR's.

That is damn impressive in my book.http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/11/sports/football/11jets.html

Most here are high on him.
Tell me "Caps". How does over 173 receptions, over 2000 yards, and 12 TDs constitute as "average WR's?" Please clue me in here, if you honestly think that Coles and Cotchery are "average" you are completely clueless. Coles has been a good receiver his whole career, even having a pro-bowl year in Washington, he's one of the toughest receivers in football and plays every week no matter what. Cotchery finally got a shot and flourished as a starter as he will get a well deserved contract this offseason.

But I digress, a Top 3 WR tandem in football for 2006 is "average".

I would love the link to where Mangini is "trying to get rid of Chad." And that's not sarcasm, I would like to see it. Now, the RB by committee argument I will buy, it clearly hindered the offense. The offensive line, under the surprise guidance of Tony Wise shocked me, with 2 rookies and a journeyman RT it was very surprising at how they played, Chad had good time this year in the pocket.

And lastly Chris Baker is solid, his blocking is very underrated, and a huge red-zone threat...300 yards and 4 TDs from a TE with his blocking i'll take.

Anyway, look, I agree that this would be a good hire for Miami, and hope he can stay one more year for Kellen Clemens' guidance, but average WR's?

If Coles and Cotchery are "average." What are Chambers and Booker?

He's got next to no experience or body of work to judge, no outstanding performance in one of his areas of coaching to speak of, and really nothing but the family name of a good but not great coach. He's a poor man's Dave Shula.

He led a group of mediocre offensive talent to mediocre performance. That shouldnt be giving you palpitations. By that standard, Chan Gailey is the Bill Belichick of offense. No, he'd be the Professor Stephen Hawkins of offense.

What's the big deal with one outstanding performance? An offensive coordinator's performance as an OC does not translate into good performances in his area of work, much less even as a head coach which is even more of a stretch.

Most here are also probabaly high, btw.

Tell me "Caps". How does over 173 receptions, over 2000 yards, and 12 TDs constitute as "average WR's?" Please clue me in here, if you honestly think that Coles and Cotchery are "average" you are completely clueless. Coles has been a good receiver his whole career, even having a pro-bowl year in Washington, he's one of the toughest receivers in football and plays every week no matter what. Cotchery finally got a shot and flourished as a starter as he will get a well deserved contract this offseason.
Coles is a tough SOB, I'll give him that. But I think his best days are behind him, he's less of an explosive threat and sort of more of a possession guy.

Cotchery is an up-and-comer, he could be very, very good in the future, but he's not top-flight yet IMO.

And before you jump down my throat, here's a quote on the subject from one of your brethren: "We have a bunch of possession receivers, which makes it hard to have an explosive offense. Now I'll admit, Cotchery is impressing and can be a top end receiver in the not so distant future. Coles is tough, but I've never been a huge fan. I know, cite the stats he had 91 catches, is tough, etc etc, but I still am not a huge fan. He tends to come up small in big games."

I would love the link to where Mangini is "trying to get rid of Chad." And that's not sarcasm, I would like to see it.
Mangini came out and said there would be open competition going into next season, and that's with Chad coming off the CBPOY award. If that doesn't scream, "Please Clemens, beat out Chad." I don't know what does.

The offensive line, under the surprise guidance of Tony Wise shocked me, with 2 rookies and a journeyman RT it was very surprising at how they played, Chad had good time this year in the pocket.
Your line was pretty good this year I'll admit, but far from dominating.

And lastly Chris Baker is solid, his blocking is very underrated, and a huge red-zone threat...300 yards and 4 TDs from a TE with his blocking i'll take.
He's nothing more than serviceable.

If Coles and Cotchery are "average." What are Chambers and Booker?
Average or slightly worse than average. IMO.

Back
Top Bottom