MERGED-Show Your Support for Brian Schottenheimer! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED-Show Your Support for Brian Schottenheimer!

Coles is a tough SOB, I'll give him that. But I think his best days are behind him, he's less of an explosive threat and sort of more of a possession guy.

Cotchery is an up-and-comer, he could be very, very good in the future, but he's not top-flight yet IMO.
He's going to be 29 and his whole career he's been good and this past season another good season, but he's on the decline? Based on what? He's made explosive plays this year and finally was used downfield more often.

I agree that Cotchery is not top-flight, nobody is going there...But YOU said with what Schottenheimer did in 06, with "average" WR's was impressive. So based on the 1 year he did very good, a Top 3 WR core for 06' was "average?" I'm just trying to understand that. They complemented eachother well, and Schotty did a great job getting them the ball.

And before you jump down my throat, here's a quote on the subject from one of your brethren: "We have a bunch of possession receivers, which makes it hard to have an explosive offense. Now I'll admit, Cotchery is impressing and can be a top end receiver in the not so distant future. Coles is tough, but I've never been a huge fan. I know, cite the stats he had 91 catches, is tough, etc etc, but I still am not a huge fan. He tends to come up small in big games."
So in that thread 1 person's opinion vindicates your argument? He admitted he isn't a Coles fan, and it's not even the stats of 06', his whole career he has been good. He isn't great, isn't "average", just a good receiver.

Mangini came out and said there would be open competition going into next season. If that doesn't scream, "Please beat out Chad, Clemens." I don't know what does.
Though Pennington is the favorite to win the job, would you really just hand the job to Chad after throwing 16 INTs? Hell, I hope Clemens has already grapsed this system and could possibly beat out Chad, not that I have a problem with Chad, but it's good that he kept this and every other position for open competition.

Your line was pretty good this year I'll admit, but far from dominating.
Never said dominating, but it was pretty good like you said. Considering Chad didn't get hurt with 3 new starters on the OLine, most notably the rookies, the line did very well.

He's nothing more than serviceable.
That's the one sort of "regret" that the Jets offense didn't take more of an advantage with Baker. Not saying he is upper-echelon, he's solid, has good hands and is a good blocker, and a prime red-zone target. But he isn't fast and won't outjump you really, just a solid player, but more than "No TE to speak of."

Don't you wish the Jets had consulted the fans before they hired Rich Kotite?

...or maybe on a few of their first-round draft picks over the years?

You mean every darft up to last years right?

Don't you wish the Jets had consulted the fans before they hired Rich Kotite?

...or maybe on a few of their first-round draft picks over the years?
Definitely agree that Hess should of consulted the fans before THAT hire:lol:What a joke.

The draft picks? What can you say? The Jets have been known to embarrass themselves on draft day, although the last several years have been surprising minus the Mike Nugent selection, despite Nugent making 21 straight FGs, a 54 and 51 yarder, and a game-winner, you NEVER draft a kicker on Day 1, much less the 47th overall pick:shakeno:.

But you gotta be honest...On that press conference by Huizenga, you gotta admit that you don't want your Owner asking the media/fans to send them suggestions about a head coach, whether it's good or bad...That kind of takes a knock on his intelligence and integrity to me.

He's going to be 29 and his whole career he's been good and this past season another good season, but he's on the decline? Based on what? He's made explosive plays this year and finally was used downfield more often.
It's just based on what I've seen from him with my own eyes this season. I'm not gonna start throwing stats against the wall, he just didn't look as good to me as he did in the past.

I agree that Cotchery is not top-flight, nobody is going there...But YOU said with what Schottenheimer did in 06, with "average" WR's was impressive. So based on the 1 year he did very good, a Top 3 WR core for 06' was "average?" I'm just trying to understand that. They complemented eachother well, and Schotty did a great job getting them the ball.
Maybe we just disagree on the definition of average. I don't view at or less than 12 yards per catch for your top 2 recievers as All-world, that's all.

So in that thread 1 person's opinion vindicates your argument? He admitted he isn't a Coles fan, and it's not even the stats of 06', his whole career he has been good. He isn't great, isn't "average", just a good receiver.
Nope, I just wanted to prove that I wasn't some phin fan talking out of his ***. When your own fans are corroborating my story, you know there's some substance to my point of view.

Though Pennington is the favorite to win the job, would you really just hand the job to Chad after throwing 16 INTs? Hell, I hope Clemens has already grapsed this system and could possibly beat out Chad, not that I have a problem with Chad, but it's good that he kept this and every other position for open competition.
That's my point, Mangini is hoping to push Pennington out. I'd do the same thing.

You mean every darft up to last years right?
No love for Jonathan Vilma?!

John Abraham/Shaun Ellis/ Chad Pennington?

Santana Moss was a reach, only having 1 very good year, but it wasn't a terrible pick.

Bryan Thomas was a bust his entire career and known as the guy taken over Ed Reed:shakeno:But this year in the 3-4 he provided 8.5 sacks in a pass-rushing role while earning a contract extension. Clearly a dumb pick though considering the Jets already had Abraham/Ellis and EVEN MORE dumb when that stupid regime tried to "Make-Up" for the Ed Reed debacle by taking Jon McGraw in the 2nd!!

And DeWayne Robertson...Well, I never liked the guy and he hasn't lived up to his trading two 1st round picks and his "Baby Sapp" hype. He had a good 04', and this past season he was solid. Still a joke he's the highest paid player.

I'm actually a huge Chris Baker fan...this guy gets no love form anyone. But when they throw him the ball he catches. I can't ever remember a ball bring thrown to him he hasn't caught. And some difficult catches at that.

My guess is Schott just doesn't really like using TE's in his offense much. That and we also needed to keep Baker in to help out a young, developing line. If Baker wasn't on the right side helping out a weak RT in Clements...he was on the left side helping a young, undersized D'Brick handle some the bigger DE's.

I really think Baker is going to blow up in these coming years...once the line solidifies itself and he is freed more to run routes. Remember how low Gonzo's numbers were last year when their offensive line was beat up bad and he was kept in to block? That's what I think is happening to Baker...boy has talent.

And about the WR thing...you've got to be kidding me. Justin McCariens is our 4th WR...OK...regardless what you think of him...no one can deny that is a great guy to have as your 4th option. Coles and Cotchery have been fantastic.

Do we remember those Coles and Cotchery catch and run's versus New England?

I'm actually a huge Chris Baker fan...this guy gets no love form anyone. But when they throw him the ball he catches. I can't ever remember a ball bring thrown to him he hasn't caught. And some difficult catches at that.

My guess is Schott just doesn't really like using TE's in his offense much. That and we also needed to keep Baker in to help out a young, developing line. If Baker wasn't on the right side helping out a weak RT in Clements...he was on the left side helping a young, undersized D'Brick handle some the bigger DE's.

I really think Baker is going to blow up in these coming years...once the line solidifies itself and he is freed more to run routes. Remember how low Gonzo's numbers were last year when their offensive line was beat up bad and he was kept in to block? That's what I think is happening to Baker...boy has talent.

And about the WR thing...you've got to be kidding me. Justin McCariens is our 4th WR...OK...regardless what you think of him...no one can deny that is a great guy to have as your 4th option. Coles and Cotchery have been fantastic.

Do we remember those Coles and Cotchery catch and run's versus New England?

I'm with you on Baker. (Got robbed against the Browns). That guy has a bright future and props to Shotts for seeing that and exploiting his ability

It's just based on what I've seen from him with my own eyes this season. I'm not gonna start throwing stats against the wall, he just didn't look as good to me as he did in the past.
He made a huge stride from 05-06, then again, the entire team did and he didn't have 4 different QBs throwing to him.

Maybe we just disagree on the definition of average. I don't view at or less than 12 yards per catch for your top 2 recievers as All-world, that's all.
Well, that's just playing to Chad's strengths, something Schotty did very well, throwing in the 10-20 yard range and/or 5 yard passes hoping to turn it into a 1st down. Chad's arm is a problem, had he be able to just air it out at anytime then the Jets could use the speed of Coles and Cotchery on a more consistent basis on the deep ball, until that QB comes along(Clemens?) then you have to stick to Chad's strengths and just move the chains instead of going for that home-run hit at anytime.

Nope, I just wanted to prove that I wasn't some phin fan talking out of his ***. When your own fans are corroborating my story, you know there's some substance to my point of view.
See, I have a problem with that. That's ONE fan who thinks that and I question him, not plural.

That's my point, Mangini is hoping to push Pennington out. I'd do the same thing.
I doubt that considering Chad gives the Jets the best chance to win now, but then again I don't know how Clemens will play with a whole year under this system and another shot to compete.

That's the major reason I want to keep Schottenheimer, so he can tutor Clemens another season, because if he doesn't get this Miami job then next offseason i'd be about 95% positive he gets a head coaching job.

No love for Jonathan Vilma?!

John Abraham/Shaun Ellis/ Chad Pennington?

Santana Moss was a reach, only having 1 very good year, but it wasn't a terrible pick.

Bryan Thomas was a bust his entire career and known as the guy taken over Ed Reed:shakeno:But this year in the 3-4 he provided 8.5 sacks in a pass-rushing role while earning a contract extension. Clearly a dumb pick though considering the Jets already had Abraham/Ellis and EVEN MORE dumb when that stupid regime tried to "Make-Up" for the Ed Reed debacle by taking Jon McGraw in the 2nd!!

And DeWayne Robertson...Well, I never liked the guy and he hasn't lived up to his trading two 1st round picks and his "Baby Sapp" hype. He had a good 04', and this past season he was solid. Still a joke he's the highest paid player.

Killer draft there, my apologies for that one.

But man have the jets had some bad ones, haha. Not that we're much better.

Vilma was a great pick though. Mind if i ask, what the hell happened to him this year? I noticed he seemed to be a lot lower in the tackles statistic then urlacher, thomas, and ryans and such. I expected him to make the pro bowl again?

Killer draft there, my apologies for that one.

But man have the jets had some bad ones, haha. Not that we're much better.

Vilma was a great pick though. Mind if i ask, what the hell happened to him this year? I noticed he seemed to be a lot lower in the tackles statistic then urlacher, thomas, and ryans and such. I expected him to make the pro bowl again?

It took the Jetys brain trust 3/4 of the season to figure out how to protect him. He's a lousy fit for their scheme. They may need to consider trading him at some point

the thing is if we hire martys son it will hurt the jets plus i think the guy can be a good head coach and help our ofence i hate the jets so much that i want to hire the guy but always remember

J.E.T.S SUCK SUCK SUCK

Back
Top Bottom