[MERGED] Slight Rogers Update | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] Slight Rogers Update

Thanks for the link, wouldn't mind getting Rodgers but we can't give up to much for him.

Take this for what its worth but I've been told it's the Phins and the Bills who are showing the most interest.

Detroit beat writer Tom Kowalski:

"Bill Parcells absolutely loves Shaun Rogers. The last few years we've talked to him on the conference calls before the Lions played the Cowboys, he has just gushed about the guy. Now obviously there's some strikes against Rogers. He's been overweight, he's had knee problems and the strike for the drug thing, but all it takes is one guy to say 'I can turn this guy around. What a force he's going to be. He's the missing piece to our defense.' That's what you really need."

Detroit beat writer Tom Kowalski:

"Bill Parcells absolutely loves Shaun Rogers. The last few years we've talked to him on the conference calls before the Lions played the Cowboys, he has just gushed about the guy. Now obviously there's some strikes against Rogers. He's been overweight, he's had knee problems and the strike for the drug thing, but all it takes is one guy to say 'I can turn this guy around. What a force he's going to be. He's the missing piece to our defense.' That's what you really need."
how old is this article?

This is the guy I want most of all the potential FA and trade market players. We need this guy to be a beast for us in the middle of our 3-4.

I hope we do land him cause that would give us a HUGE presence in the middle and fill one of our biggest needs. If Rogers is motivated he can be a stud and become a beast in the middle just like his former team mate, Casey Hampton. But the comment about two AFC teams in the same division makes me believe that the Jets are also a big contender for Rogers since they also need to fill a need at the nose tackle position.

I hope we do land him cause that would give us a HUGE presence in the middle and fill one of our biggest needs. If Rogers is motivated he can be a stud and become a beast in the middle just like his former team mate, Casey Hampton. But the comment about two AFC teams in the same division makes me believe that the Jets are also a big contender for Rogers since they also need to fill a need at the nose tackle position.

I agree. I think that means us and the Jets are both interested. Both teams could use a good NT.

Then we might as well trade Holiday and Roth because they don't fit anywhere.

Draft Laws and Okam and we've got ourselves a front three. Might as well draft Shirley in the 6th as well.

Page could possibly drop a few pounds and play as a backup tweener. Hate to give up on this kid. He's got some skills and athleticism.

Then we might as well trade Holiday and Roth because they don't fit anywhere.

Draft Laws and Okam and we've got ourselves a front three. Might as well draft Shirley in the 6th as well.

Page could possibly drop a few pounds and play as a backup tweener. Hate to give up on this kid. He's got some skills and athleticism.

give it a year parcells iwll do that just as he did wiht DAL.

Holliday can fit at End but not roth.

give it a year parcells iwll do that just as he did wiht DAL.

Holliday can fit at End but not roth.

Agreed...Holliday and R. Wright can play a 3-4 end...Roth can play a 3-4 linebacker along with Taylor, Porter and Crowder. Then you only need to acquire another 3-4 end and a NT....someone like C. Campbell...would fit nicely at DE.

Roth is probably a goner next year unless he does the unexpected and explodes. I had high hopes for him, but he's been very disappointing. :(

Back
Top Bottom