Merged:Source: Peterson expected to budge/ Surtain deal close? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Source: Peterson expected to budge/ Surtain deal close?

last year was the 1st time in what....5 years that we actually picked in the 1st round!! Can you imagine actually having 2 picks in the 1st? :) We might be able to start getting some excellent young talent :)

jbond said:
instead of having picks

I would LOVE to see having picks

7 from Vikings for #2
18 from Vikings for #2
46 from Chiefs
147 or 150 or 154 or 162 from Chiefs

I'm assuming that if Peterson throws in the 2nd and Saban still asks for a later round pick that Peterson will drop down to a 5th (or possibly a 6th) from his current offer of a 4th.
yeah RIGHT!

although that is some SEROIUS fantasy land, it is good to dream...

Noodleman said:
Just read on Miami Herald's web site that a deal is close, possibly by the end of next week. I can't post the link, but it is easy to find.
What are you trying to say, that hasn`t been been reported a thousand times before....fill us in when you get a real scoop, huh?

I say we trade surtain for this years 4th,6th, next years 3rd.

uh.......what's wrong with that.....?

Bueller.......Bueller.....Ferris Bueller....

uh.....not so sure about that. Many people (outside of this board) have suggested that the Vikings may be a potential suitor of interest in swapping their 2 first rounds for our #2 pick. In addition.....the Chiefs are still interested in Surtain and are beginnig to come around to giving us at least their #2 and probably will end up doing so before the draft.

So...what is suggested isn't ludicrous or from me hanging around w/Ricky smoking.... :)

texasPHINSfan said:
yeah RIGHT!

although that is some SEROIUS fantasy land, it is good to dream...
I dont see anything at all that was unreasonable.

Im under the impression some people just like to criticize the ideas of others cause they dont like them but that doesnt make them bad ideas.

Have you guys seen who KC has drafted in the second round during the last five years?

Its funny.

HVACservice said:
Have you guys seen who KC has drafted in the second round during the last five years?

Its funny.

No, could you provide link or info pls... would like to know.

I don't think Minny will be willing to give up both picks this year, I instead see us getting their 7th pick this year and their 1st rounder next year plus a 4th and a 5th this year or something to that effect including the 2 first rounders.

a 4th, 5th, 7th this year along with a 1st next year (if i read that correctly)? According to the 'draft value chart' gurus and assuming a 1st next year is worth a 1st this year.....at most (if they're the worst team in the league this year which is unlikely)....this puts the value at that trade at #2 worth 2,500 points vs. combo at 750 pts. which is only receiving less then 1/3 the value of the #2 pick.

I don't see Minny giving up their two 1st rounders for our #2 either (considering they can get Williams at WR maybe at the #7 spot or even Braylon depending on who drafts who)....but since we were on hypotheticals in this thread about Surtain (and value of a trade) then I figured I'd go out on another limb proposed by many people to give us perhaps one of the best outlooks for potential draft picks.

I meant their 7th overall pick in the draft sorry.

I live in Melbourne too. Where abouts do you come from in Melbourne.

DolphinDevil28 said:
But Saban IS holding firm. Something Wanny never did.

Apparently you weren't paying attention to Wanny. Wanny held players dear, not draft picks. He was willing to give up picks for players not vice versa. If anything Wanny would be holding out for a first for Surtain or would have extended him by now and probably let McMicheal slip outta his grasp.

Goin` Deep said:
What are you trying to say, that hasn`t been been reported a thousand times before....fill us in when you get a real scoop, huh?

How bout you stop being a dork and read the herald since he was the first one to post about the new article where sources think it will be done in a week. People are going to talk about articles. Don't like it then avoid the forum posts about or simply hit the back button. Now there's a concept.

Dolfan2788 said:
No, could you provide link or info pls... would like to know.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/players/

These are the 2nd round selections on the Chiefs roster.

The rest were cut, released or traded.

They still have the same GM.

Bartee,*William
CB
6-1

Mitchell,*Kawika
LB
6-1

Siavii,*Junior
DT
6-5

Wilson,*Kris
TE
6-2

:eek:

Why in hell did they draft a TE in the 2nd round with Gonzalez on the roster, and all those picks to my knowledge haven't done much. They should just give us the 2nd rounder for free IMO and let us get something good out of it.

Back
Top Bottom