Merged:Source: Peterson expected to budge/ Surtain deal close? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Source: Peterson expected to budge/ Surtain deal close?

Yah Peterson will pay the 2nd in the end. He's just notoriously slow. He did the same thing with the Trent Green trade and I think in the end he got St Louis to throw in a 5th. Right now Saban's asking for a 2nd and a late pick. So in the end it'll be for a 2nd right what Saban wants but Peterson gets to think he won a little something by holding on.

Dolfan2788 said:
I meant their 7th overall pick in the draft sorry.

I live in Melbourne too. Where abouts do you come from in Melbourne.

Originally from S. FL, then lived in Orlando (Oviedo) for about 4 years....then New Orleans for 2 1/2 and just moved to Melbourne about 8 months ago. We live up in Grand Haven / Suntree area off Pineda & Wikham. And you?

btw...haven't run the "numbers" but including the 7th would really affect the 'combo' value and make more sense.

Melbourne is a city in Australia, that's where I live. lol

I thought you lived here in Aus.

lol....sorry...here in Melbourne "Florida" :) I've been to Aus before, back in 96 down in Sydney for a week. I loved the place....

HVACservice said:
http://www.kcchiefs.com/players/

These are the 2nd round selections on the Chiefs roster.

The rest were cut, released or traded.

They still have the same GM.

Bartee,*William
CB
6-1

Mitchell,*Kawika
LB
6-1

Siavii,*Junior
DT
6-5

Wilson,*Kris
TE
6-2

:eek:

Man that is pathetic. Why on earth did they take a TE last year when they already have Tony Gonzalez, plus they desperately needed help on defense?? Darnell Dockett, Randy Starks, Will Poole, Demorrio Williams were all avalaible at the end of round 2. :shakeno:

jbond said:
last year was the 1st time in what....5 years that we actually picked in the 1st round!! Can you imagine actually having 2 picks in the 1st? :) We might be able to start getting some excellent young talent :)

last time we had two 1st rounders we got two starters in M Coleman and T Vincent :wink:

Dolfan2788 said:
Melbourne is a city in Australia, that's where I live. lol

I thought you lived here in Aus.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I was in Sydney,cairns and Perth in January--Wonderful country-wish I could live there

jbond said:
lol....sorry...here in Melbourne "Florida" :) I've been to Aus before, back in 96 down in Sydney for a week. I loved the place....

Wow...really small world when you think of it. I own a home right near you (Country road...right off Turtlemound, near Post). I am moving to Canberra Australia in June and will be visiting Melbourne (Aust) regularly.

Just to take a min away from the draft and to show how small the world really is.....I graduated high school in 92. Back in 89-90 / sophmore year I used to eat lunch with a buddy of mine and these 2 girls / seniors who lived around the corner from me. During middle school I also worked at a summer camp in Lake Wales, FL.

Long story short...my family took a trip to Europe during the summer of 1990 to see most of the countries on a 2 week marathon it seemed (at the time, lol). We first arrived in Berlin and (at the time the wall had just fallen) so we took a train over to the wall to do the tourist thing (rent some hammer for $5 from a local and knock a chip off etc.). We got off the train and everyone was hungry and stopped to eat at a McDonald's....I wasn't so I stayed outside and looked at all the parked motorcycles etc. On the way back from the wall..."I" was hungry...so I went in and while standing in line I heard someone say "James"...I turned around and it was this guy Dennis I used to work with at the summer camp (who was about 7-8 years older then me) that I hadn't seen since the 7th grade !!!

Well...if that wasn't weird enough....a week later me and my family are walking out of the Roman Coliseum and just outside is a road that tourist buses pull up and drop tourists off at (we were just walking around seeing the sites....the big soccer tournament was going on in Rome in 90 and if i remember correctly, Germany was playing Italy that day or the next day or something....so all the streets are crowded with drunk singing people...etc.)...anyways...walking out of the coliseum there's a line of about 30 tourists coming off the buses and we walk past them....and something catches my eye.....it was one of the girls that I ate lunch with who just graduated!!!

Talk about it being a small world....running into 2 people I knew in 2 different cities on the other side of the world! Wow! My dad's a commercial pilot and worked for Eastern and probably has a million stories like this...but I don't so I thought it was pretty cool and odd that those 2 events happened :)

btw....enjoy Canberra.....I almost had the opporunity to move their or Melbourne for a network security position but it fell through. I would love to live over there for a few years!

UltraDol-Fan said:
Right, Wanny always panicked.

Exactly. I still think that Feeley could have been obtained for a 3rd or 4th rounder from Philly, but Wanny and Spielman were so desperate to bring in a younger QB that they jumped on Phillt's first offer.

jlfin said:
Exactly. I still think that Feeley could have been obtained for a 3rd or 4th rounder from Philly, but Wanny and Spielman were so desperate to bring in a younger QB that they jumped on Phillt's first offer.

Absolutely. He could have easilly been had for a second day pick. With such a deep QB class last year, they could have easilly bluffed the Eagles into thinking that we would take a QB in round one (such as Losman, etc). That would have given them the leverage they needed to even the negotiating table. The Eagles gladly would have accepted a fourth rounder for a backup QB that would never see the field.

at the time we traded for AJ....We were supposed to be retooling to go after the SB until Ricky quit, Dbo got injured, and all the other mishaps. Don't forget...supposedly there were multiple teams after Feely and Ron Wolf had given his blessing on him. I think the Eagles were looking for a 3rd and a couple teams were willing to give them that so RS offerred a 2nd to snag him.

Many of us, including me, think a 2nd pick was too high for him but be that as it may....the above is a bit more history on the issue.

Nublar7 said:
I bet when all is said and done, we will get their 2nd rounder straight up for Surtain with no additional picks.

I think we get a 2nd this yr and a 4th next yr just my O. :cooldude:

the Miami Dolphins ought to collect highlights of Moss and send them to the local TV and radio stations in KC. Have Mr. H send a "special" one to their owner, put him in panic, remind them ALL that if they can't stop THIS guy you don't go to the big dance and oh by the way the solution can be found in Miami.

Still don't know how KC would get Pat under there cap-they only have just a little more room than us--And he's already included in ours

Back
Top Bottom