Merged:Source: Peterson expected to budge/ Surtain deal close? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Source: Peterson expected to budge/ Surtain deal close?

Thanks for posting this. I hadn't realized it but it's very true. Even after Saban said we'd keep Surtain and even franchise tag him next year he didn't utter a peep. This is very classy and almost unheard of in this league.

Don't speak too soon. Those quotes from Saban about keeping and franchising him are fairly fresh. Surtain might not have been given the right opportunity to fire back yet...heck for all we know he's vacationing in Cancun.

ckparrothead said:
Don't speak too soon. Those quotes from Saban about keeping and franchising him are fairly fresh. Surtain might not have been given the right opportunity to fire back yet...heck for all we know he's vacationing in Cancun.

I think Surtain is well aware of how Saban feels and Surtain does have ties to the team and community. I don't think he is thrilled about leaving, but this is a business and he owes it to himself and his family to take care of his future and if that doesn't include Miami I'm sure both sides will be disappointed. Surtain is not Jay Williams......a classless jerk!!!!

HVACservice said:
http://www.kcchiefs.com/players/

These are the 2nd round selections on the Chiefs roster.

The rest were cut, released or traded.

They still have the same GM.

Bartee,*William
CB
6-1

Mitchell,*Kawika
LB
6-1

Siavii,*Junior
DT
6-5

Wilson,*Kris
TE
6-2

:eek:
hey, kris wilson will be as big a stud as TG they're saying. junior siavii was a rook this year (not playing much, like a lot of rooks)... kawika mitchell is pretty good. he's gonna have a good year coming up

but seriously... the chiefs never draft well ANYWHERE

ckparrothead said:
I dont know much of Kris Wilson, so I'll respect your opinion on the matter, however for a 2nd round pick TE/H-Back, I would say the team has to at least be a LITTLE disappointed that David Dunn is enough better than him that Dunn is the one getting the snaps in 2-TE sets and is catching the TE touchdowns that Gonzales is not.
heck, i'd take dunn over most starting TE's in the nfl right now. he's not near as bad as you think

ckparrothead said:
I disagree about Warfield. I think Dexter McCleon is the best CB they have. They need one, maybe two more corners to make that group decent. Add Surtain and all the sudden you've got McCleon and Surtain starting, with Warfield or Bartee in at nickel. It's not terrible. I like Julian Battle too, tho his fortunes will be made as a safety eventually (IMO).

I don't think Peterson will budge soon as the reports indicate. I expect it to take right up until the draft for him to blink. Perhaps even during the draft, and possibly right up to when the Chiefs pick at #15.

Peterson would be a fool to wait until #46 to ask Saban about trading it for Surtain, because Saban would likely up the price, depending on what Peterson did at #15 (if he didn't select a CB, he knows Carl is screwed if Nick says no to the Surtain trade).

If I had to take a guess, I think a trade will happen the day before the draft.

you obviously didn't watch chief games last year. the QB's didn't throw warfield's way cuz he's pretty good. mccleon got torched like every other play (yes , sarcastic overdramatization)... but warfield's stats were down this year cuz the qB's could throw to another receiver so easily and rarely threw it his way.

you obviously didn't watch chief games last year. the QB's didn't throw warfield's way cuz he's pretty good. mccleon got torched like every other play (yes , sarcastic overdramatization)... but warfield's stats were down this year cuz the qB's could throw to another receiver so easily and rarely threw it his way

Perhaps I'm wrong then. Having seen McCleon play a lot, I always felt he was really good, and when he's not really good, he's not being helped or used properly. But, I could be wrong.

ckparrothead said:
Perhaps I'm wrong then. Having seen McCleon play a lot, I always felt he was really good, and when he's not really good, he's not being helped or used properly. But, I could be wrong.

He was pretty good in zone coverage for the first half of 2003, and then faded in the second half of the season. He was exposed last year when he was forced to do man coverage. He and Bartee both got beat constantly. He had one good game where he had two INTs against Plummer and that was about it.

On the other hand Warfield was really quite good in man coverage at the beginning of the year. By midseason teams had figured out it was much easier just toss the ball up to whichever receiver McCleon or Bartee was on. For a good example see Drew Bennet and his 230 yards receiving and 3 touchdowns against those two last year. Warfield was not tested that much in the latter part of the season due to the other two being so bad, but he still performed much better when he was tested.

Surferosa said:
Man that is pathetic. Why on earth did they take a TE last year when they already have Tony Gonzalez, plus they desperately needed help on defense?? Darnell Dockett, Randy Starks, Will Poole, Demorrio Williams were all avalaible at the end of round 2. :shakeno:

That TE Wilson would be a household name if he hadn't gotten hurt in the final preseason game last year...He can also line up at FB and Slot receiver. You will know the name Kris Wilson this season. With him and Gonzo on the field, you won't hardly notice how poor the Chiefs wide receivers are.

Yeah right, I'm sure Carl Peterson is quivering beyond description

Three weeks before the draft and he's about to cower and budge, fold up to a rookie head coach who has very few draft picks and potential salary cap woes. Plenty of sharp poker players around here, aren't there?

Reminds me of a week or so after I joined this board. There was a story we were about to trade Surtain by a certain Wednesday, to save a whopping $300,000 in cap space. It was the internet version of Hee Haw.

On draft eve, Surtain will still be our property. It's called a deadline.

Awsi Dooger said:
Three weeks before the draft and he's about to cower and budge, fold up to a rookie head coach who has very few draft picks and potential salary cap woes. Plenty of sharp poker players around here, aren't there?

Reminds me of a week or so after I joined this board. There was a story we were about to trade Surtain by a certain Wednesday, to save a whopping $300,000 in cap space. It was the internet version of Hee Haw.

On draft eve, Surtain will still be our property. It's called a deadline.

Dude you should post more often. Your insights are spot on. :)

Back
Top Bottom