Merged:Source: Peterson expected to budge/ Surtain deal close? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Source: Peterson expected to budge/ Surtain deal close?

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Source: Peterson expected to budge/trade in one week possible

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/11298791.htm
A deal between the Dolphins and Kansas City Chiefs involving Patrick Surtain might be only a week away, a source close to the situation indicated Saturday.

While the Chiefs have been low-balling the Dolphins by offering only a fourth-round pick the past two weeks, Kansas City president Carl Peterson is expected to budge at some point.
The problem is that Peterson has tried to get Surtain on the cheap in terms of the trade, figuring the Dolphins would have to trade him because of salary cap reasons. Peterson acknowledged the Dolphins were looking for at least a second-round pick for Surtain.

This week, coach Nick Saban said he wouldn't compromise his asking price for Surtain. While the salary cap situation is some leverage for the Chiefs, people within the Chiefs organization don't like the other options available in the draft or free agency to upgrade their secondary.
Very good news. Sounds like Peterson is finally coming to his senses(with a little help from the rest of the Chiefs organization) and we could have our 2nd rounder by next weekend. :D

Surtain deal close?

Just read on Miami Herald's web site that a deal is close, possibly by the end of next week. I can't post the link, but it is easy to find.

Good news. And props to Saban for not lowering his asking price. Lets hope for a #2 and a #4 like he said earlier this week.

Sweet! I know St Nick will come through for us!

The difference between the joke of a coaching staff we've had the past 4 years and this new one is very very palpable.

It's not that Saban is holding firm it's just that Peterson is notorious in negotiations for dragging things out.

VanDolPhan said:
It's not that Saban is holding firm it's just that Peterson is notorious in negotiations for dragging things out.

But Saban IS holding firm. Something Wanny never did.

instead of having picks

I would LOVE to see having picks

7 from Vikings for #2
18 from Vikings for #2
46 from Chiefs
147 or 150 or 154 or 162 from Chiefs

I'm assuming that if Peterson throws in the 2nd and Saban still asks for a later round pick that Peterson will drop down to a 5th (or possibly a 6th) from his current offer of a 4th.

jbond said:
instead of having picks

7 from Vikings for #2
18 from Vikings for #2
46 from Chiefs

I'm assuming that if Peterson throws in the 2nd and Saban still asks for a later round pick that Peterson will drop down to a 5th (or possibly a 6th) from his current offer of a 4th.
I bet when all is said and done, we will get their 2nd rounder straight up for Surtain with no additional picks.

yeah i know....but wishful thinking gets me that extra 5th/6th rounder.....

jbond said:
instead of having picks

7 from Vikings for #2
18 from Vikings for #2
46 from Chiefs

That would be amazing....and we could still possibly get my choice in Caddy, I would be going nuts!!!

Back
Top Bottom