Merged: Sunday with Saban / Saban: We want to be a pitcher not a catcher! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Sunday with Saban / Saban: We want to be a pitcher not a catcher!

Is it just me, or does that repeat at about 5:50?

Ok... just making sure I didn't just have a vision of things to come. I was just about to get excited and run and get a lottery ticket too. :(

Man Thanks Alot Bro Much Appreciated WE Are going to compete for the playoffs this year :rawk: :nesucks: :billsbite :jetssuck:

Thanks Nubs,

Does Saban say play the game without looking a the scoreboard mean that we will not do 2 point conversions or onside kicks as much??

I know at the end of the game he will but I wonder when does he start to manage a game(run with a lead, take a safety etc.) or is that something that the Wanny era has installed in me??
The big one was play prevent defence as his LSU team was burnt for that long TD pass in the bowl game because Saban was playing the game without looking at the scoreboard

wpgfishfan said:
Thanks Nubs,

Does Saban say play the game without looking a the scoreboard mean that we will not do 2 point conversions or onside kicks as much??

I know at the end of the game he will but I wonder when does he start to manage a game(run with a lead, take a safety etc.) or is that something that the Wanny era has installed in me??
The big one was play prevent defence as his LSU team was burnt for that long TD pass in the bowl game because Saban was playing the game without looking at the scoreboard
what he is trying to say is that weather we are up by 20 or down by 20 keep the same tempo meaning why might run up the scoreboard more just never give up or let up on the gas. :fire:

Saban from last night: We want to be a pitcher not a catcher!

I have been waiting for this for years. The last ten years the defense has essentially lined up and said, "Here we are, see if you can beat us." Oh, DW tried to throw in a wrinkle or two. But, it was so predictable and didn't really fit with his "read and react ... my guy can beat your guy" philosophy, it didn't do much. I and others complained about this several years ago. This was part of the reason our defense would falter late in the season and teams eventually figured out what weakness they could exploit.

In a Phins TV interview (link below), Saban talked about the defensive philosophy of being aggressive and dictating to the offense. I think this philosophy will create more big plays and slow down the offense even more.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/pressbox/finstv/finstv2.asp

wpgfishfan said:
That's what I would think except for the fact that there ws no safety help in the dying seconds of the Bowl game

The safety totally blew his assignment on that play -- He was put in a position to make the play, but he lost his mind. I'm still not sure what he was thinking..... It was one of those wtf plays.

I can't wait to see our defense actually use effective blitzes

The season needs to start right about...........................................now.

Back
Top Bottom