Just a Dolphins Fan
Reaction score
Surtain for Feeley

Bottom Line is....

We traded Surtain for AJ feeley.

relax...everybody
This was made Tongue in cheek.
Obviously it didn't come out that way.

I planned to add more but got caught up at work.

Stefins said:
Bottom Line is....

Stop this crap already. It's a done deal, and a very smart move by the organization. Look to the future, not the mess that Wanny put us in.

No.. We traded a 2nd Rounder for Feeley. Bottom line.

Surtain would have been traded regardless of Feeley being on this team or not. Stop trying to make non-corresponding things fit your biased opinions.

:shakeno:

i could only imagine the uproar last offseason if we brought in ZERO QBs and went into the season again with just fiedler at the helm... half of the dolphins fans would have boycotted the team...

we picked up the best young QB that was available to us at the asking cost of the team, the eagles were TURNING DOWN 3rd round offers... you always over pay for a young QB, its the way of the league...

now get over it and lets focus on our new regime instead of griping about stuff the old one did

Why oh why do you try to take a move we had to make (we can not afford Pat next year) and turn it into a negative. Last year we traded a 2nd for AJ (by the way the bills used 2 #1 picks for JP losman??) who end up being our starter and will probably stay there. It really wasnt as horrible of a trade as some make it out to be--would I rather a better QB, of course, but lets see what he can do with some good coaching and a better system. Pat was traded cause next year we can not afford him and didnt want to just let him walk away with out any compinsation.

Any defense of the Feeley deal has been blown away by someone we all know - Nick Saban. He's said it in every way possible without saying it was a lousy deal. His looking at Alex Smith is another indication.

In essence, we did make that trade. Saban may have still traded Surtain, but he also may have taken a different route.

FemaleFinFan said:
Technically, we traded who ever the best player is at number 35 in the draft for Feeley, not Surtain...

Very true. :wink:

I think the Eagles will take Arrington at that pick.

Miami has a nasty habit of undervaluing their own players and basically giving them away in trades. They did it with Ogunleye, and now they have done it again with Surtain.

Stefins said:
Bottom Line is....

Good job...you managed to find something negative to post. Even though it is a totally flawed argument. Spielman traded for AJ, Nick Saban wasn't even a thought at that time. What Saban did was get a #2 back while creating some cap room since we cannot afford to pay Pat's salary demands.

Bottom line is Saban got us an additional Day 1 pick.

Back
Top Bottom