Merged: The Herald consultants? / Scouts Analyze | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Herald consultants? / Scouts Analyze

ZOD, I love your sig so much I almost feel like copying it..

Originally posted by Bumrush
ZOD, I love your sig so much I almost feel like copying it..

Be my guest.

I will lead us all!

Jim Jones style!

I like Kirwan's assessment better. Go QB in the first round of the draft keep Jay around to groom him and address the C position and 2nd WR position in FA (although NOT Keyshawn!!!).

Originally posted by mee
I like Kirwan's assessment better. Go QB in the first round of the draft keep Jay around to groom him and address the C position and 2nd WR position in FA (although NOT Keyshawn!!!).

i agree, but only if jay resturctures and realizes that he will eventually be a backup.

I didn't think either solution was truly credible...

...as a quick fix, because whilst no2 receiver and Qb are glaring issues, neither would be relevant without a huge improvement in line play.

The starters went through many of the games without showing up and the depth wasn't any better (if it can truly be said to exist). A lot would have to happen in the offseason to make us contenders next season and our cap situation looks unlikely to help any successor to Wanny (though a few guys having been humbled a bit this year might be willing to take cuts).

Originally posted by mee
Kirwan for GM - though Jay will have to take a huge paycut to stay... the Mawae signing was one of the best in the last decade IMO

P.S. there is a good chance we will have an extra #1 pick in place of OGun

I really like Kirwan's 'fix for the oline'...

Kirwan: ``I learned from Bill Parcells when I was with the Jets that you really have to upgrade the center position. That was the first thing he did with the Jets, and it made everybody so much better from there.''

Once Ruddy is gone the team plays better. Hell with all the young guys against Baltimore (mainly McKinney at C) they played well. I have NEVER been a fan of Ruddy and have always said that an online starts with the C. All the good onlines have a good/great center.

I still believe we will find some 'creative' way to sign Ogun. I just have that feeling.

The assessment wasn't bad, but the one thing these guys did not factor in was the Salary cap. I am really worried about next year because of the cap hell we will be in. I think a QB or WR in the first round is a must, maybe both if OGun goes...........as far as Oline, their is a center at VT that is supposed to be the real deal, maybe we can trade for a #2 pick to get him.

Some interesting points but nothing Earth-shattering. I would like to see the 'Fins take a flier on one of the kid QB's that should be available with our #1 pick. I hate the fact that we don't have a #2 this year and we do have Taylor Whitley, a guy who's contributed nothing and a guy who may never contribute anything from what I've heard of him.

Back
Top Bottom