Merged: The Karlos Dansby Thread/Miami Is His First Visit on Friday (Signed) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Karlos Dansby Thread/Miami Is His First Visit on Friday (Signed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Way to go out on a limb Lombardi! I warm the Pulitzer up for you! There is no tight budget because FA's of the past. Ross has said he leaves full power to the trifecta, so if they want Dansby they can have him.

NO NO NO to Foote and Fujita! We have had enough second tier FA's Wilford, E. Green, Grove, Wilson, etc.... A roster full of second tier and average players doesn't equal Championship! Every time we sign one of these second tier guys we have to sign another guy for depth because they are injured a lot, or draft someone. Bring in top tier talent like Dansby so we can draft an OLB, or another need.
. Green

I heard the interview with Dockett. Dockett has been Dansby's roomate for years. When asked where he thought Dansby would end up, he clearly stated the Miami Dolphins. His opinion of course, but maybe an " informed" opinion. Stated that Dansby fit the Fins scheme, the Fins always played hard, no state taxes, and "his boy" Ronnie Brown was there. Also said that he thought that Dansby would not go to a cold weather team. Thought that Miami's warm weather could prolong a player's career. Again, this is Dockett's opinion only, but he seemed pretty positive with his statements, IMO.

I heard the interview with Dockett. Dockett has been Dansby's roomate for years. When asked where he thought Dansby would end up, he clearly stated the Miami Dolphins. His opinion of course, but maybe an " informed" opinion. Stated that Dansby fit the Fins scheme, the Fins always played hard, no state taxes, and "his boy" Ronnie Brown was there. Also said that he thought that Dansby would not go to a cold weather team. Thought that Miami's warm weather could prolong a player's career. Again, this is Dockett's opinion only, but he seemed pretty positive with his statements, IMO.

It was his opinion but I wonder if they have talked about this already since they are so close. We all know there is alot of tampering going on. I wonder if this is a done deal already.

You never know. I personally dont think throwing a bunch of money at free agents is a long term guide to success. If Dansby takes a reasonable contract for sure sign him but we need to build through the draft and make smart signings

You never know. I personally dont think throwing a bunch of money at free agents is a long term guide to success. If Dansby takes a reasonable contract for sure sign him but we need to build through the draft and make smart signings

So signing Dansby is not a smart signing? :confused:

Signing Dansby for too much money is not smart. Not just because you are overspending, but it doesn't keep players honest to overpay for them.

Fujita played for Parcells in Dallas. In an interview with NFL.com Parcell said Fujita was the one player he hated to let go. He plays OLB in a 4-3, but could move inside in a 3-4. He also played for a defense the was good in NO, while Foote played for one of the worst defenses in Detroit.

I would prefer Fujita.

parcells likes Dansby alot , Dansby loves parcells , I can deffinatly see this happening we would welcome him with Open Arms , cant wait to get him here and see him do what our lbs lack (playmaking skills)

Fujita played for Parcells in Dallas. In an interview with NFL.com Parcell said Fujita was the one player he hated to let go. He plays OLB in a 4-3, but could move inside in a 3-4. He also played for a defense the was good in NO, while Foote played for one of the worst defenses in Detroit.

I would prefer Fujita.

But he still let him go! Now Fujita is older slower and stll the player Parcells let go.

That's what I was thinking. I am sure that Dockett has had more than a few conversations about it with Dansby. Another thing that Dockett said was that it would not be all about the money with Dansby. Very hard to believe this with any of today's NFL players, but that is what he said. Again, speculation on his part or does he have some "inside" info?

Wow, I just got giddy like a kid on Christmas when I saw this thread!

Getting more excited as the hours count down. It's going to be hard to concentrate at work tonight! :ohno:

We can sign guys after Midnight tonight right? I hope Dansby is our first guy signed.

Good news:

Today - 1:10 PM ET
2663-1.jpg

Team sources tell the NY Daily News that the Giants will not be serious bidders for free agent LB Karlos Dansby.

The Giants looked like frontrunners in the Dansby sweepstakes at one point, but are no longer expected to be active in the first wave of free agency. GM Jerry Reese has decided to get back to building through the draft after a high-priced 2009 offseason that went sour when the real games started. Dansby remains on the radars of Miami, Washington, and perhaps Philadelphia.

Source: New York Daily News

I would prefer Fujita.

I like Fujita, but I don't think either would be an upgrade on Akin or Channing, so we would be right back to square one. Unless we are bringing them in as backups and letting Torbor go.

He also played with Reggie Torbor at Auburn as well. Two former teammates of his possibly in his ear here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom