Merged: The Karlos Dansby Thread/Miami Is His First Visit on Friday (Signed) | Page 30 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Karlos Dansby Thread/Miami Is His First Visit on Friday (Signed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going by the quotes in the link, especially where he states:

"My gate is wide open right now. I'm going to take every visit. I'm going in to every team to see what type of piece of the puzzle I will be."

He could just be blowing it out of his @ss about doing that but I was just going by what he supposedly said.

Yeh I understand. Wasn't trying to call you out on it. Just giving what I think usually happens.

Latest from NFL.com....

The Arizona Cardinals are making a strong push to retain linebacker Karlos Dansby, according to a league source.
Dansby, an unrestricted free agent, is scheduled to meet with Dolphins officials Friday, but no deal is done and the Cardinals, his former team, are trying hard to keep him in Arizona.
It does not look like the Cardinals will be able to keep safety Antrel Rolle, who is meeting with the Giants today, and they are focusing on Dansby right now.

As Karlos Dansby is scheduled tovisittheDolphins today it is obvious Bill Parcells and Co. are making him the priority free agent of this offseason.
But ...
Dansby isn't going to simply come in, shake hands with Tony Sparano, and ask for the nearest contract and pen. He is clearly eager to work the system to get the most (meaning cash) out of whatever team is bidding on him ... and now that includes the Arizona Cardinals.
A league source texted me moments ago saying the Cardinals today reached out to the Dansby camp to "talk about keeping him." Translation: The Cardinals are offering Dansby a contract, too.

No **** Armando, this guy has nothing to report yet. Incredible the most viewed Fin blog and he is repeating news we have known for hours.

dansby is playing all teams trying to drive up his salary/guaranteed money.....screw him !

People are so gullible. He only has one visit setup, with the fins. He wants to play here, and he wants to get paid. He's trying to squeeze every ounce of money out of us, so him and his agent are saying, "If we don't get what we want were moving on to the next team." They are just trying to get the best possible deal they could get.

Yes, Dansby wants to play in Miami. As long as we don't insult him with a low ball offer, he will be here IMO. There is a difference between Dansby's visit this year, and B. Scott's and C .Pace's of previous years. Scott knew he was going to play for the jets, the Miami visit was just to pump up the offer. Pillow face Pace just went to the higest bidder, not caring about the team he signed with. Dansby wants to be here, but, of course, he is going to say some things in order to increase the offer to the max possible.

Dansby is the prize of 2010 FA! We need to stop messing and pay him! This is the center piece of our defense the friggin QB. Enough of this overpay! Look what going cheap gets Wilford, Gerbil resigning Crowder!

Exactly!

Why wouldn't Dansby look at every angle, he would be stupid if he didn't. It is still a business and this contract is his one time shot at the big money. He will be aging the next time he signs a contract or worse yet if he gets injured. He played well enough to warrant a raise and I do not blame the guy for taking his time on a decision.

May the best team win, I would like for it to be Miami but the game will be played either way and I will not lose sleep over it.

dansby is playing all teams trying to drive up his salary/guaranteed money.....screw him !

As any proven commodity would and should do. He'd be an idiot to take the first thing that comes along when he has many possible suitors.

if we don't get him I'm going to be pissed!
I like this FO a lot, but this not getting done would lose some credibility IMO.

Im getting that feeling again.........

The feeling of having a free agent saying he would "love to play in miami" only to use us and sign with another team.

Take his time means we didn't blow him away! Stay tuned for a signing of Foote caliber! Kiss Dansby good bye once the get on the " Be back O well that thing is always full and it never stops at your door!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom