Merged: The Karlos Dansby Thread/Miami Is His First Visit on Friday (Signed) | Page 31 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Karlos Dansby Thread/Miami Is His First Visit on Friday (Signed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The FO really has to make a splash in FA this offseason imo. We can't depend entirely on the draft and hit on EVERY draft pick in 2010 to make the jump from fringe playoff team to legit contender.

I was really patient the last two years, especially when half this board started jumping ship on the trifecta after last years regression (which I expected all along). But this is 3rd year...they can't wiff in FA or do nothing when there are holes to be filled. 3rd and 4th tier free agents aren't gonna cut it.

I know I'm gonna take a beating and get flammed but if Parcells blows this deal I will flippin orbit! Serious this is such a big need and a 5 yr fix min at a probowl level!

IdK this is getting stupid im thinking he is not as likely to sign with us as he was last night not good so far.........

Dansby is the key piece to the Phins off-season plan. If we signed him, it opens up a lot of options. That should command a premium from the FO point of view too.

Dansby is the key piece to the Phins off-season plan. If we signed him, it opens up a lot of options. That should command a premium from the FO point of view too.

Completely agree with this. Dansby would be such a huge cog for our D that to let him go causes way more problems then its worth.

Well they just said on NFL network the phins are still favored to land dansby but the cards have made a late push to bring him back...... We will see its 50 50 at this point....

I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade but I'm starting to think we will not get Dansby and here's why........there are 2 things he's looking for. number 1 is he wants to be on a team where he fits in, has a chance to win kind of thing.Well, if that's what he wants then he might as well go back to the cards as he knows he fits in on a system that is very good for him and with a very good chance to win and since the cards are back in the hunt then he might go back there. Lets face it, they are a better fit for him as of this moment.....now the 2nd thing is money of course.....since we'd lose to the cards on reason number 1 then we'd have to beat them on the money part...ok, we might beat the cards on the offer but are we going to outbid every team when it comes to money? the answer imo is no, it's not what our FO does....so as much as I hope I'm wrong and we do get him, I think that when the cards got back into the chase it made it that much harder for us to get him....:(

Ozzy rules!!

The FO really has to make a splash in FA this offseason imo. We can't depend entirely on the draft and hit on EVERY draft pick in 2010 to make the jump from fringe playoff team to legit contender.

I was really patient the last two years, especially when half this board started jumping ship on the trifecta after last years regression (which I expected all along). But this is 3rd year...they can't wiff in FA or do nothing when there are holes to be filled. 3rd and 4th tier free agents aren't gonna cut it.

lol, you're a moron. (oh noes I insulted someone, lets delete another post of mine.)

Put yourself in Dansby's shoes. Just like someone else said, this is his only chance to get the big money because next time his contract is up he is going to be old and possibly declining.

Of course he is using the dolphins to get his money up. Going on radio shows saying "parcells said I was a hell of a player" and "would be awesome to play with Ronnie again like the college days. We had chemistry!". Cardinals get mad/jealous and can't let go of two play makers on their team. Rolle could still resign with the cardinals, but I bet you Cardinals offer Bart Scott money and get Dansby back. And Dolphins offer Gary Brackett money or maybe around 35-37mil.

Just my two cents.

My take on 2 reasons are money and this crap we would move him to OLB. After listening to his interview last night no way he goes for that! Frankly I don't blame him he is a PROBOWL ILB!

I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade but I'm starting to think we will not get Dansby and here's why........there are 2 things he's looking for. number 1 is he wants to be on a team where he fits in, has a chance to win kind of thing.Well, if that's what he wants then he might as well go back to the cards as he knows he fits in on a system that is very good for him and with a very good chance to win and since the cards are back in the hunt then he might go back there. Lets face it, they are a better fit for him as of this moment.....now the 2nd thing is money of course.....since we'd lose to the cards on reason number 1 then we'd have to beat them on the money part...ok, we might beat the cards on the offer but are we going to outbid every team when it comes to money? the answer imo is no, it's not what our FO does....so as much as I hope I'm wrong and we do get him, I think that when the cards got back into the chase it made it that much harder for us to get him....:(

Ozzy rules!!

The cards are not the team we have to worry about. They don't have a better chance than us to win anymore as they are getting rid of a lot of pieces to their winning team after their QB left for retirement.

So, throw reason #1 of yours out.

If another team outbids us, they will have to put up a ridiculous price. Dansby is one guy they are going to offer the money for. The only thing that will stop him from coming is someone else making an insane offer.

Cards aren't the team to worry about, and until he leaves Miami without a contract, his 1st option is miami.

I just wish something would happen....my finger is tired of clicking "refresh" on 15 different sites.

Hurry it up come on i should be ordering my # 58 jersey by now...........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom