Merged: The New Man In The Middle | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The New Man In The Middle

He is a beast IMO i think he will be ok. I seen him get double teams and he has no problems

Starks is key, and I trust that he steps up to the plate and takes care of business. A good line in a 3-4 defense makes everyones job easier!

Personally I wonder if they were set on anything. I got the feeling that Odrick was a guy that they just didn't realize would fall to where they got him. They could have been thinking along the lines that they'll be fine at DE with Kendall Langford, Phil Merling, Tony McDaniel, and another draft pick but not necessarily Odrick in the 1st.

yeah like an olb pass rusher at #28...jerry hughes

anyone to get charlie anderson off the field

yeah like an olb pass rusher at #28...jerry hughes

anyone to get charlie anderson off the field

Very possible. Though, they practically ran to the podium with Koa Misi's name at #40 so there is some thought to the theory that they really did have Koa Misi targeted once they got hold of that #40 pick. Or maybe they were ambivalent between Koa Misi and Jerry Hughes, but wary of anyone else (Sergio Kindle, Jason Worilds, Jermaine Cunningham, etc).

I'd love to know who they would have taken at #28 if Odrick was unavailable.

heck i would have taken olbs with #28 and #40...if misi was "the guy" at 40...strong and weakside guys filled

less questions than we have now at lb and much more talent to compete

i read some stuff that said, i think it was peter king, that barring a trade down bebe was the pick at #12...i think i would have broke my tv had we taken him that high...

It will certainly be interesting to see how BeyBey and Dez Bryant do this year. I can't even imagine that by the end of the year the entire NFL isn't looking back at that whole debate and wondering how they tricked themselves into putting one above the other.

And hopefully they passed on Jerry Hughes because they knew they already had Jerry Hughes on roster.

heck i would have taken olbs with #28 and #40...if misi was "the guy" at 40...strong and weakside guys filled

less questions than we have now at lb and much more talent to compete

I agree with the two olb scenario as the choice I would have made based on needs. I just think that Odrick was best player on their board (higher than Hughes for sure), which they probably had gone at 28. Heck, wasn't he the last kid left on the tables? If he got invited, most would have had him going higher than the end of the 1st round.

Well I will put my two cents worth in, just so everyone can flame me. I think the starks move is absolutely horrible. I player coming in to his own, and really becoming a force, you decide to move him and force him to play a position where he will be undersized. Yeah yeah I know there are some 305 lb NT, but they are the exception not the rule.

Stark strength is his abiltity to shed blocks, only problem with that is that is not what the nose is trying to do. At the nose you are trying to eat up double teams and hold your ground, or bull rush the pocket. I see this as being a disaster waiting to happen. The way I see it we lost our best defensive lineman and added an average at best, NT. We are going to be weaker at DE and MUCH weaker at NT. JMO, but this position is, like Starks said, the most important position on the defense. I am more worried about NT than I am FS, LG, or any other position on the team.

I think that Starks will be a better NT than people think. He has good size that allows him to take up blocks so other people can make plays. His stats may not be as good, but he will be a key part of the defense.

It will certainly be interesting to see how BeyBey and Dez Bryant do this year. I can't even imagine that by the end of the year the entire NFL isn't looking back at that whole debate and wondering how they tricked themselves into putting one above the other.
Who is BeyBey ???...am i missing something??

Who is BeyBey ???...am i missing something??

Demaryius Thomas.

Anyway, even if Starks doesn't work out (although I think he will), we can always draft that huge dude from Ole Miss next year.

Back
Top Bottom