Merged: The New Man In The Middle | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The New Man In The Middle

I somewhat can agree with what you are saying but regardless we were going to be missing Jason Steroidson for 8 games and I would much rather start Starks than Solai. I have always felt that Starks could be a good NT but had figured maybe I was wrong since we moved him to end. I do agree he had somewhat came into his own at end and the move could come back to bite us although I have faith in Merling, Langford and Odrick to fill the spot. I have no faith in Solai as a starter so hopefully Starks does well. I wish we had drafted a NT like a CAm Thomas to develop but we shall see

I think the new Defensive scheme will ask the DL to penetrate more than they did before, something more to Starks strong suite. It will put more 'stress' on the LB core but we may see more plays made in the O backfield than before. From what I know about Nolan the new D coordinator instead of holding up the OL and letting the LB's make the tackles, the D linemen will attack more ...and disrupt the offense (hopefully) making more plays on the offense's side of the line of scrimmage.

I somewhat can agree with what you are saying but regardless we were going to be missing Jason Steroidson for 8 games and I would much rather start Starks than Solai. I have always felt that Starks could be a good NT but had figured maybe I was wrong since we moved him to end. I do agree he had somewhat came into his own at end and the move could come back to bite us although I have faith in Merling, Langford and Odrick to fill the spot. I have no faith in Solai as a starter so hopefully Starks does well. I wish we had drafted a NT like a CAm Thomas to develop but we shall see
I wish that wecould have drafted a young NT also, but we have what we need to be solid there. Starks will do a good job and be a big part of the defense against the run. Let's see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom