Merged: The Official Davone Bess Thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Davone Bess Thread

He's 5'11".. OJ McDuffie's size. The best recievers in Phins history were 5'9"..
Why do people think that WR's gotta be basketball player big to be effective?

Stop following what other people tell you, and look at the PLAYER.
You can't meassure his heart in height or 40 times.. Time will tell. I think he's gonna be fantastic.

I'm fine with giving him a shot, the kid has quickness and hands as well as some RAC. But I would be shocked if he's 5'11, because looking at the kid he looks closer to 5'8 than 5'11. I'd believe 5'9, but he's a very small receiver.

As for the 5'9'ish receivers to whom you are referring--Mark Clayton and Mark Duper I presume--they were extremely small targets. It just so happened that we had a phenomenally accurate passer in Dan Marino who had no difficulty hitting those small windows. There's no way Henne can do that consistently as his accuracy isn't up to snuff. Beck might be able to do it, but he'll require good pass protection to pull out the slide rule and line it up, lol.

For Davone Bess to make the team he's going to have to show excellent separation and route running, and then he's going to have to distinguish himself on special teams. I'm all for giving him a shot, but I don't have a lot of faith that we'll offer him a spot on the final roster. Personally, if I were him I would have gone to a different team.

I'm not that big a Bess fan. Hearing some of you pencil him in as the next Welker is a little weird. Welker was a rare player. Bess is small and slow. I always took watching Hawaii games with a grain of salt. Terrible competition and a pass crazy offense doesn't really give the best representation of NFL success.

he wasnt drafted cause he gave a kid a ride who had a stolen good ( radio or something years ago) he was never convicted of any crime.
and also he was small non popular school and he was shifted around from schools,
ive done my study , all that matters is his TALENT, and its for real!

He did spend 15 months in a Juvinile Detention Center in 2003, so he might not ever been convicted. He had to plead to something or he wouldn't have been there!

I'm not that big a Bess fan. Hearing some of you pencil him in as the next Welker is a little weird. Welker was a rare player. Bess is small and slow. I always took watching Hawaii games with a grain of salt. Terrible competition and a pass crazy offense doesn't really give the best representation of NFL success.
I'm sorry but he doesn't look slow on tape to me. hes shifty . could have suscess in the slot for us. Wes welker wasn't that great for us, i'd say he might be a wes welker for us but not a wes welker in NE type production.( 15-40 catches from slot @ 9 yards per vs 100 reception and 10 td or w/e that f a g had)

I'm sorry but he doesn't look slow on tape to me. hes shifty . could have suscess in the slot for us. Wes welker wasn't that great for us, i'd say he might be a wes welker for us but not a wes welker in NE type production.( 15-40 catches from slot @ 9 yards per vs 100 reception and 10 td or w/e that f a g had)
That's fair. A lot of people are getting excited about him. I don't necessarily see it. He's relatively quick, but not fast. I don't see how he won't struggle to get separation on this level. Yeah, he is shifty and has good body control. If he does anything it would be in the slot.

I think he has an outside shot considering after Hagan we have unestablished guys and Hagan better not sleep your right this kids has quick acceleration soft hands and is really good in the open field has the makings of a great slot receiver. I know his numbers were inflated because of the system he played in but i like him he also doesn't seem to be scared to catch the ball in traffic.

He can make all the tough catches..maybe he can be a poor mans version of welker

Colston in the 7th more or less proves that anything's possible, especially when there's a need.

I have no problem with the pick...But I just think ppl get to excited over an undrafted free agent.

All this kid did was catch touchdowns lol (like they used to say about C. Carter) I like the pick and hopefully he brings those hands and speed and gets on the field.

Back
Top Bottom