Merged: The Official Jason Brown Thread/Signed With Rams | Page 37 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Jason Brown Thread/Signed With Rams

Thats right about where I expected him to get paid. Thats not too expensive considering what the market is doing. But I think we go cheaper with the draft because I have a sneaking suspicion its guys who go in round 2 or 3.

Am I the only one that can see there's already a Brown thread?

actually he just agreed on principle.. it isnt official yet.. therefore there is still a 1% chance we can sign him.. and that price really is not that high for a 25 year old stud center.. i think we fell asleep on that one big time

I'm glad we passed, I would be willing to pay that for a position that is a total weakness, granted satele isn't a man mountain he can handle himself fairly well. Also cheaper options in the draft.

I wanted Brown as much as the next guy, but at well over 7mil per year . . . . that's some serious coin for a C/G. Don't get me wrong, he's good, but it's those kind of deals that force you to cut back in other spots. Hopefully we can get a top C in the draft.

yeah looking back at it thank bill we did not sign him all that money tied up in the o line kind of makes it hard to upgrade other positions, we could get a decent c in the draft like we got a decent g in donald thomas last year

That really seems like a reasonable deal from what it looked like he was going to want. When i heard he refused 6 million a year from Baltimore, and it looked like he was going to want maybe 8-9 million a year, then yeah i was a little apprehensive. But under 8 a year really isn't too bad for a guy who is going to anchor your o-line and fill one of your biggest weaknesses for the next 5 years.

We dropped the ball here.....

actually he just agreed on principle.. it isnt official yet.. therefore there is still a 1% chance we can sign him.. and that price really is not that high for a 25 year old stud center.. i think we fell asleep on that one big time

ya the FO, whose job it is to make us better "fell asleep", i totally wish we had someone like you, casual fan, who was running the show. those guys have no idea about anything. sheesh. 11-5 the first year of a rebuilding team, adn because we choose not to overpay because we believe we can find talent adn everyone thinks they can play GM

Not if there are very few good ones on the market, especially young ones.

7.5 million seems ok to me for a guy who can sure up an offensive line for years to come.

You have to look at total cost. If you just paid that much for your Center, the rest of the O-line is now making less than what should be the lowest paid position on the Line. That makes every other position that much more expensive.

This thread needs to be moved. This guy has already signed with another team and we need to move. The organization wil get a stud C in the draft.There are reports that the Rams where tampering with Brown, so they might be fined. Relax guys and let it go.

Back
Top Bottom