Merged: The Official Laveranues Coles Thread | Page 50 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Laveranues Coles Thread

Cris Carter was an experienced #1 too.

Cris Carter was like 38 when we signed him, half way through the season, and wasn't coming off of a good season the year before like Coles is. He also never had a connection with Jay Fiedler like Coles does with Pennington. Not to mention his health issues.

Who says we still don't want Coles?

Yet another contradictory post on NFL.com.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80f06866&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true
Receivers

Laveranues Coles: Former Jet walked away from $6 mil in New York. He has narrowed choices to Bills and Dolphins. To be re-united with Dolphins QB Chad Pennington would seem a natural fit.

Most of us here know that the initial reports said that Coles narrowed it down to Miami and Buffalo. Later on however, other reports said we are not interested in him. But there still must be some sources out there saying Miami is still interested.

NFL.com wouldn't post something like that after numerous reports across the web saying we are no longer a competitor for Coles. If they would despite the reports, then NFL.com needs to get their **** together and get real info.

But look at it this way, no one besides Miami and Buffalo are interested in him, and he said it's between us or Buffalo, so if we aren't interested why hasn't he signed on with Buffalo yet?

I think it's very safe to say he wants to come to Miami and Chad wants him. I think we need to do it.

Sirius reported that Miami is not is not interested... Now what that means i dont know, Schien seems to think Miami would be interested at a far lesser value than 6 million, which would make sense. IMO he definately isnt worth anywhere near 6 million. More like around 3 million

i'd say 4 mil max we give him. He is 31 years old and has had some controversial actions/words in the past

COLES TO VISIT CINCY

Posted by Mike Florio on March 2, 2009, 11:53 p.m.
With T.J. Houshmandzadeh gone for Seattle, the Bengals will commence their effort to replace him by pursuing receiver Laveranues Coles.
According to Geoff Hobson of Bengals.com, Coles will visit the Bengals on Tuesday.
Coles, who is actually more than three months younger than Houshmandzadeh, became a free agent last week when he walked away from $6 million in guaranteed 2009 salary with the Jets.
The mere fact that Coles is visiting Cincinnati, which didn’t need a receiver until Houshmandzadeh bolted, suggests to us that Coles didn’t have a wink-nod deal in place when he left New York. There’s no reason for the Bengals to have engaged in such winking and/or nodding at a time when there was still a chance to keep Houshmandzadeh around.
And this means that Coles really was taking a huge risk in passing on a $6 million bird in his hand.

Sweet! I knew he would try to land a job there if T.J left Cinci. I just don't really want to play against him in Buffalo twice a year. He would have a better chance being the number one in Cinci if Ocho leaves anyways.

Back
Top Bottom