Merged: The Official Nnamdi Asomugha Thread | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Nnamdi Asomugha Thread

I don't blame him for taking the deal.

If he doesn't, they are just going to franchise him, and he makes less money.

This way, he plays there for record money for two years. If they don't want to pay him the third, he is automatically a FA, and he goes wherever he wants with no risk of the Franchise Tag.

Good for him.

How many division championship and/or postseason games did JT help the Dolphins win?

How did he help the Redskins?

Just say NO.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/re...or_plans_to_return.html?wprss=redskinsinsider

The agent for Jason Taylor says his client fully intends to return to the Redskins and that Taylor's $8 million salary has "never been an issue."

Keeping Taylor would provide some protection against free agent Demetric Evans leaving, but there's reason to think his body is breaking down. For what it's worth Skins DC Greg Blache thinks Taylor has something left in the tank.

JT is not coming back to play for us but he will retire as an all-time great Phin. Some of you eThugs are hilarious. [SMH] So if this so-called dancing queen beats the crap out of you(and we all know he can) what would that then make you? Y'know, always having the next man's manhood on the brain says more about you than anything else. But back to football. This link is an updated version of the above link about what went wrong in WAS for JT:

"Taylor was miscast in Washington's defensive plans, team sources said."

"Predominantly playing left end for the first time in his career, Taylor had only 3 1/2 sacks -- his lowest total since 1999."

"(the scheme)Greg Blache and his predecessor, Gregg Williams, brought to Washington emphasizes stopping the run above all else"

"He(Taylor) lacked the freedom to simply blitz upfield and attack any gap he pleased, as he did with abandon in Miami."

"The Redskins have discussed ways to better use Taylor during their offseason meetings. He is expected to have greater freedom next season, team sources said."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/02/22/AR2009022202176.html

The same can be said for Zach in DAL last year. I know every time I caught a game I couldn't believe they were playing him way off the LOS and never in on 3rd down. So my point is they both can still play at a high level but these two teams wanted them to adjust to their schemes instead of utilizing JT & Zach's talents.

Of course this post is not for those who know better but for the posters who claim both players are washed up and in the same vein disrespectfully acting as if they never played for the Phins. But it's probably a lost cause.

Back
Top Bottom