Merged: The Official Schedule Thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Schedule Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. I think the turkey will taste a bit better if the Cowboys beat the Jets. :D

:D :D :D :D

My big turkey turd will feel a lot better coming out with a Cowboys win over the Jets. Come to think of it, it could even smell like a Jet.:evil:

before I respond, I just wanted to say hi to everyone. I am moving to s.fl in a couple months and I just purchased dolphins season tickets so hopefully I'll see some of you at the games.

why are you guys assuming we even have a home game Week 1? It seems like our possible opponents for week 1 would either be
Home: Pats/Jets/Bills/Oak
or
Away: Pats/Jets/Bills/Wash/Hou/Cle/Phi/Pitt

Seems more likely we will be away Week 1, no?

You are correct. Everyone assumes we open at home. But look at the Marlins schedule-they are on the road the first two weekends of the football season. I bet we open on the road and game 2 is home.

You are correct. Everyone assumes we open at home. But look at the Marlins schedule-they are on the road the first two weekends of the football season. I bet we open on the road and game 2 is home.

I would be shocked if we didnt open at home. In fact, I would be shocked if we didnt play game 2 at home as well.

As far as national TV games, do not forget about flexible scheduling. If we succeed early in the season we can earn up to TWO Sunday night games. Also, I am pretty darn sure we will get a monday nighter (if not two) . . . likely against the Bills/Pats/Boys/Steelers/Eagles/or Skins.

Speaking of the Pats, dont be surprised if they play the Jets in CBS's big game at noon. Remember, CBS cannot show a 3 o'clock west coast game due to the mens final at the US Open. This further supports the theory of us playing Oakland as since Oakland does not have one of those national games, they will have to play the early game on CBS, and since that is 10 a.m. local time, they will not play at home.

Oakland might be our first opponent eh? That'd be a good test for Culpepper... Oakland's D is killer, but I'm thinking our D should destroy their offense, if our secondary doesn't pick at least one off, I'll be upset.

Hope your right, but i sorta hope we dont play them.. What if we lose? Then everyone would feel down about the year...

An interesting stat, the Phins have not opened against a division opponent since 1998 (at Indianapolis [Peyton's first game btw]). So it stand to reason that since they will almost certainly be at home (as per the thread a week ago digesting the Marlins schedule) we can ASSUME that the opponent will be either Dallas, Oakland, Baltimore, or Cincy.

Oh yeah, and you guys are welcome.

I was there for that!

I hope we get dallas, i want to start the year off with a bang, and playing any NFC Least team would be ideal.

Let's take it another step further into fantasy town, and think of the POSSIBILITY (and I mean just that...not a serious reality) that we would get a new QB and deal CPep to the Raiders...wouldn't that be an interesting Week 1 game?

i'm just excited that i might get the opportunity to see them play three times this year, Philly, Wash, and Pitt---assuming I can get tickets....not too often you get that chance in PA...

i'm just excited that i might get the opportunity to see them play three times this year, Philly, Wash, and Pitt---assuming I can get tickets....not too often you get that chance in PA...

I was going to do the same thing - definitely the Pitt and Wash game, but I'm a little apprehensive about stepping into the Eagles stadium...every time I mention people act like I'll come out missing a limb.

Yeah just what I want to see opening day, the guy we gave a 2nd round pick for and gave away for almost nothing come back and torch us.:scan:
The better scenario is to have Oakland draft a QB with there first pick and watch how much fun our defense has properly welcoming him to the NFL. :D

Yeah just what I want to see opening day, the guy we gave a 2nd round pick for and gave away for almost nothing come back and torch us.:scan:
The better scenario is to have Oakland draft a QB with there first pick and watch how much fun our defense has properly welcoming him to the NFL. :D

No doubt this would be an better situation as far as winning the game...but if we can't beat the Raiders even with Cpep, there are bigger problems here

I was going to do the same thing - definitely the Pitt and Wash game, but I'm a little apprehensive about stepping into the Eagles stadium...every time I mention people act like I'll come out missing a limb.

only if the Eagles are winning....when they're losing that place is as quiet as a tomb....it's amazing....

No doubt this would be an better situation as far as winning the game...but if we can't beat the Raiders even with Cpep, there are bigger problems here

Heed my warnings, strange things happen on opening day. I am sure we remember Houston a few years ago, and what we did to the Titans in 2001 and to Denver in 2005. Be scared of Oakland or anybody else we play week one.

Also be looking for "leaks" the next week, often a team website will screw up and accidentally put up the schedule for a few minutes . . . the Chiefs and Bengals are infamous for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom